wolfan8431

Raiders to Las Vegas confirmed

The Raiders moving to Vegas makes a lot more sen$e than the Chargers moving to LA. When the Chargers fail in LA (and they will), I hope San Diego doesn't take them back because Dean Spanos is a greedy traitor bastard. I've been a Chargers fan since I was 8 years old, but that all ended yesterday. I'm now a Packers fan because I've been a shareholder since 2011, and we all know they'll never move. Thanks for letting me vent, I really needed that. Go Pack Go! :rock:

Guest Dr. Dre
21 minutes ago, crixus said:

1) When the Chargers fail in LA (and they will),

2)I hope San Diego doesn't take them back

3)I've been a Chargers fan since I was 8 years old, but that all ended yesterday. I'm now a Packers fan because I've been a shareholder since 2011, and they'll never move. 

1) it'll take some time, but the Chargers will be just fine. Especially if they start winning. Not only that, but I bet they keep a substantial fan base in San Diego.  It's the NFL. 

2) Not only would they take them back, but they'd bend over like @Hugh Jiddump's mom to get them back. 

3) Whiny drivel from a worthless poster

Ok...from prior discussions...this is a good thing for UNLV right? 

It might give the LV bowl more prestige or they'll just be like the other big bowls and there will be a P5 bowl on Jan. 1 and the MW gets the LV bowl way before Christmas.

Guest Dr. Dre
1 minute ago, MWC Tex said:

It might give the LV bowl more prestige or they'll just be like the other big bowls and there will be a P5 bowl on Jan. 1 and the MW gets the LV bowl way before Christmas.

Well, UNLV doesn't get a local following even without a NFL franchise in town. So, this won't hurt them any. However, LV Bowl will dump the MWC when that new stadium is built 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

1) it'll take some time, but the Chargers will be just fine. Especially if they start winning. Not only that, but I bet they keep a substantial fan base in San Diego.  It's the NFL. 

2) Not only would they take them back, but they'd bend over like @Hugh Jiddump's mom to get them back. 

The entire Chargers roster will always be welcomed back as far as your old lady is concerned.

#WithOpenedLegs

• Like 1

12667677.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

You've absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but that's typical you. I live in San Diego too, and it's been all over sports talk radio here. As usual, your opinion is useless. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, wolfan8431 said:

From NFL's media Ian Rapoport said on Twitter that the Raiders are going to file relocation papers to the NFL to seek a vote from the other owners.  Sounds like a done deal.  The article said that Oakland has been unable to come up with a viable plan for a stadium. 

I hate to see any team leave their city, and I agree with you that it sounds like a done deal. Ian Rapoport is a very reliable source. 

40 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Not really a good thing for UNLV, but it is what it is. It gives us a new stadium in a central location to play in, but it puts a real ceiling on our growth potential, and our game days will look worse than SDSU's did at the Q.

It will be a recruiting boost over what we have, but we will struggle for community support. Definitely a mixed bag.

• Like 1

It is great for Las Vegas to get the Raiders.

This new Municipal Monstrosity Stadium should be enough to force UNLVs hand into building their own On-Campus College Football Stadium in 20 years or less.  We already own the land for it.

So overall it is a win win.

Las Vegas Raiders.

New NFL Stadium.

Sam Boyd Stadium annihilated.

New On-Campus Stadium for UNLV eventually when they realize Monstrosity Stadium doesn't work (see Temple and Tulane and Minnesota)

1 minute ago, RebelRobert said:

This new Municipal Monstrosity Stadium should be enough to force UNLVs hand into building their own On-Campus College Football Stadium in 20 years or less.  We already own the land for it.

Las Vegas Raiders.

New NFL Stadium.

New On-Campus Stadium for UNLV eventually when they realize Monstrosity Stadium doesn't work.

I really hope that is what happens Rob. I just doubt Vegas or the State will want funds going to an on-campus stadium when there is an NFL one down the street. That's what I fear.

3 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I really hope that is what happens Rob. I just doubt Vegas or the State will want funds going to an on-campus stadium when there is an NFL one down the street. That's what I fear.

If the Raiders drop Adelson, UNLV should be on the phone with him asking for him to do a deal to build Adelson Stadium on the UNLV site for $600 million.

UNLV should also team up with Justin Findlay to build a 40,000 seat College Football/MLS Soccer Stadium right behind the MGM Grand on UNLV land.

Sheldon Adelson Stadium.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crixus said:

The Raiders moving to Vegas makes a lot more sen$e than the Chargers moving to LA. When the Chargers fail in LA (and they will), I hope San Diego doesn't take them back because Dean Spanos is a greedy traitor bastard. I've been a Chargers fan since I was 8 years old, but that all ended yesterday. I'm now a Packers fan because I've been a shareholder since 2011, and we all know they'll never move. Thanks for letting me vent, I really needed that. Go Pack Go! :rock:

The Chargers should have been the team moving to Vegas.  LA does not need two teams IMO.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

45 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Las Vegas Raiders.

New NFL Stadium.

New On-Campus Stadium for UNLV eventually when they realize Monstrosity Stadium doesn't work (see Temple and Tulane and Minnesota)

So, SDSU fans act excited when the NFL leaves and UNLV fans do the same when an NFL team comes. 

Freaking Homers. 

• Like 2

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

21 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

So, SDSU fans act excited when the NFL leaves and UNLV fans do the same when an NFL team comes. 

Freaking Homers. 

The NFL coming to Las Vegas legitimizes the city.  This is something that ignorant people said would never happen.  The NHL is big but nothing is more important to the city of Las Vegas than having the NFL give the thumbs up to our city.  It is really the last peice of the puzzle for Las Vegas in our quest to reach the big time.

San Diego has always enjoyed taking a backseat and they prefer to stay out of the spotlight.  They prefer the small time.

I have lived in both cities and I understand their differences in attitudes.  Not saying either one is right or wrong.  They are just different and they think differently which makes it fun to visit and live in both cities.

1 minute ago, RebelRobert said:

The NFL coming to Las Vegas legitimizes the city.  This is something that ignorant people said would never happen.  The NHL is big but nothing is more important to the city of Las Vegas than having the NFL give the thumbs up to our city.  It is really the last peice of the puzzle for Las Vegas in our quest to reach the big time.

San Diego has always enjoyed taking a backseat and they prefer to stay out of the spotlight.  They prefer the small time.

I have lived in both cities and I understand their differences in attitudes.  Not saying either one is right or wrong.  They are just different and they think differently which makes it fun to visit and live in both cities.

Las Vegas will never be legitimate.  GTFO. You built a reputation on not being legitimate. Lol 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg