Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Alabama transfer QB David Cornwell to Nevada

5 hours ago, jdw said:

It's one graduate-level scholly, well worth the risk. And Kalua? I know you're just yanking chains, but if you think about it, these kids now start school in the summer before their freshman year and basically never go home from then on. I'd think a reasonably intelligent person could get an undergrad in six full semesters and three summer terms.

and play football?when the hell is this guy going to get pussy?

On 1/13/2017 at 1:41 PM, fbpack said:

Huge big time pick up 2 years of immediate eligibility

Couldn’t pass up opp to work w/ @CoachJayNorvell and @NV_coachmcmumme, & UNR’s explosive offense! Looking forward to starting in the spring.

With great excitement, I’m transferring to @unevadareno! Dream is to play and contribute at @nevadafootball w/ last two years of eligibility

Where was he on Alabama's depth chart?  Seems strange that he fell down to little ole UNR.  You'd think since he was a 'Bama scholie QB other P5 schools would have grabbed him, if he was any good.   

7 minutes ago, aztech said:

Where was he on Alabama's depth chart?  Seems strange that he fell down to little ole UNR.  You'd think since he was a 'Bama scholie QB other P5 schools would have grabbed him, if he was any good.   

His sister goes to Nevada , an he was 2nd string

10 minutes ago, fbpack said:

All the more reason he would have gone to a Western school to be near his sis from the beginning, if that's what's important to him.

4 minutes ago, aztech said:

All the more reason he would have gone to a Western school to be near his sis from the beginning, if that's what's important to him.

He was obviously beat out by Alabama freshman QB Jalen hurts he wants to start saw an opportunity @ Nevada he is familiar with our offensive Cordinator an we pretty much guarantee him a starting position 

If I were in his shoes I wouldn't leave Alabama and pass up another opportunity to win a National Championship, because you know the Crimson Tide will be in the mix next season. But to each his own, and I wish Cornwell all the best at Nevada. B)

11 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Blake Barnett was second string till he decided to transfer early in the year, then Cooper Bateman was backup (and he decided to transfer in December)

In the previous season, Cornwell played well enough in the spring to be considered close to or even with Coker, who ended up being the starter, so he has the tools. He didn't fit as well though when the offense wanted to utilize a more mobile qb. He's a good qb and we'll see how he does in the new Nevada offense. Time will tell. 

He was 4th if not 5th string. The dude won't do shit in this conference

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

14 hours ago, aztech said:

If he's from the deep south, being near his sister is tremendously important to him...

22 hours ago, crixus said:

If I were in his shoes I wouldn't leave Alabama and pass up another opportunity to win a National Championship, because you know the Crimson Tide will be in the mix next season. But to each his own, and I wish Cornwell all the best at Nevada. B)

Duuuhhh he wants to PLAY.

Hurts is at no 1 indefinitely.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

On January 14, 2017 at 9:32 PM, fbpack said:

3rd string behind the other guy who transfered to Arizona St earlier this season