Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Alabama transfer QB David Cornwell to Nevada

Huge big time pick up 2 years of immediate eligibility

Couldn’t pass up opp to work w/ @CoachJayNorvell and @NV_coachmcmumme, & UNR’s explosive offense! Looking forward to starting in the spring.

With great excitement, I’m transferring to @unevadareno! Dream is to play and contribute at @nevadafootball w/ last two years of eligibility

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

What is UNevadaRENO ?!?! Thought it was NEVADA :foottap:

That's the academic side of the University.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

What is UNevadaRENO ?!?! Thought it was NEVADA :foottap:

And who the hell is coach McMumme? Details young man, details. 

Intruguing pickup though. Hopefully this one pans out. The Wisky 4* transfer never even saw the scout team IIRC

13 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Could certainly be huge. OTOH, could be the UNR version of Jake Rodrigues, a 4-star transfer from Oregon who didn't do shit at SDSU.

He came up to Idaho with his HS team and got worked by a small rural Idaho school. He was big, fast, and strong but sucked at football. 

11 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

And who the hell is coach McMumme? Details young man, details. 

Intruguing pickup though. Hopefully this one pans out. The Wisky 4* transfer never even saw the scout team IIRC

Actually it's Matt Mumme the OC.  His new Twitter handle is @NV_CoachMumme 

This is a great get! Supposedly he had a positive role with Alabama, he helped call plays and had the strongest arm on the team. But he was one of the last QBs recruited pre-Kiffin when they were still more of a traditional pocket passing offense. Once Kiffin arrived they went with more of a spread uptempo offense and he felt he wouldn't get a chance. 

Obviously you never know with transfers, but he could be very successful here. I love that he can play immediately and still has two years remaining. Much better than a 1-year rental.

4 minutes ago, bigd said:

This is a great get! Supposedly he had a positive role with Alabama, he helped call plays and had the strongest arm on the team. But he was one of the last QBs recruited pre-Kiffin when they were still more of a traditional pocket passing offense. Once Kiffin arrived they went with more of a spread uptempo offense and he felt he wouldn't get a chance. 

Obviously you never know with transfers, but he could be very successful here. I love that he can play immediately and still has two years remaining. Much better than a 1-year rental.

Is Mumme going with a pro style O? 

6 minutes ago, bigd said:

Sounds like info from a certain premium board. For shame! :secret:

17 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I thought Air Raid?

When Norvell was at Oklahoma he said Leach came in & installed the air raid but then they landed some great RBs so they modified it.  They are still using the same passing offense though.  I suspect with Butler they'll do the same at Nevada.

4 minutes ago, rudolro said:

I thought so also, but Crowell is a pro style QB right?

Pro QBs are labeled pro for there strong arms.

The air raid requires a strong arm QB this will be a great fit and it can't hurt practicing against that Alabama defense