Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokebball

Boycott LLBean

3 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

If there weren't people in America trying to tell people who they should or shouldn't do business with, Television and the Internet wouldn't exist. Advertising isn't American?

There's a difference between informing people about things and telling them what to do. It's all about the approach used. I was referring to some of the posters here, not the corporation. And I never said advertising isn't American (I've worked in TV and radio going on 32 years). You jumped to the wrong conclusion. B)

On January 13, 2017 at 4:29 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Yeah, LL Bean makes quality duck boots, so I will just go ahead and keep them and Sorels at the top of my list of boot suppliers. 

I have always been a Sorel buyer. Which is one time, and they have held up for 20 years.

I find it very curious that Trump, who has been bashing American companies that outsource overseas., is now praising a business that manufactures 75% of its products outside of the country. Who says campaign contributions don't pay off?

On 1/13/2017 at 2:40 PM, pokebball said:

Like Tesla?  Just stop

or Solyndra?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 1/13/2017 at 6:08 PM, UofMTigers said:

remember the "Office of Congressional Ethics" the GOPers tried to kill earlier this month?

they just felt the need to remind all executive branch employees:   “All executive branch employees must refrain from misuse of position, including endorsements.”

I wonder why?

Trump isn't the president. So there's that...

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

20 hours ago, crixus said:

There's a difference between informing people about things and telling them what to do. It's all about the approach used. I was referring to some of the posters here, not the corporation. And I never said advertising isn't American (I've worked in TV and radio going on 32 years). You jumped to the wrong conclusion. B)

Advertising is informing? Maybe you were in the biz too long lol. But I will concede that I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

Advertising is informing? Maybe you were in the biz too long lol. But I will concede that I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Yes, advertising can be informing. It all depends on the organization and the creativity of the ad. You need to learn more about the public service side of the biz. All local radio and TV stations are required to air some public service ads. If not, they're subject to fine$ by the FCC.