Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SharkTanked

How the Mountain West is trying to fix its basketball problem

20 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Unless it's a tournament? UNM dominates the MWC basketball tournament attendence. They've helped cheer my Cowboys on several occassions.

Yeah, Boise basketball fans don't travel.

New Mexico basketball fans do.

And their football fans don't travel.  Boise's do.  Imagine that.    Might have something to do with being good recently.  Boise hoops fans are still waiting to explode. 

Wonder how good the UNM fans will travel to Vegas this March?

Guest Cowboy Junky
14 minutes ago, roughrider said:

And their football fans don't travel.  Boise's do.  Imagine that.    Might have something to do with being good recently.  Boise hoops fans are still waiting to explode. 

Wonder how good the UNM fans will travel to Vegas this March?

Better than Boise is the answer to that.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

I'm a big fan of Lynn Archibald.  I attended Ute basketball camps as a youth.  Even wore Ute shirts, and grew out a mullet to match it.  Lynn is one of the greatest Ute coaches of all time.  However, I swore off Ute athletics when Lynn was wrongly fired.

I'm glad he finished his career at BYU.

The family ties between you two schools is something else.

Mano believes that in the early 80s UCSB stole Archibald's predecessor, Jerry Pimm, from the Utes and that is why we have never played them.  Another story for another thread.

Guest Cowboy Junky
1 hour ago, roughrider said:

You sure?  Or just your undying love for Boise coming out again?

When it comes to tournament attendence between UNM and Boise, yes I'm sure, UNM will have better attendance than Boise.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Ah cute, it's all four of the Boise basketball's post-season fan base, hoping and praying that some day Boise will win an NCAA tournament game.

:)

Guest Cowboy Junky
58 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

You have no idea how much I envy Wyomings 1884 National Title.

Maybe you should start small, like winning 1 NCAA tournament game: 1 time.

6 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Ah cute, it's all four of the Boise basketball's post-season fan base, hoping and praying that some day Boise will win an NCAA tournament game.

Does it hurt that with all Wyoming's basketball tradition, Boise has the better program? Honestly, when was the last time Wyoming finished ahead of Boise in conference? (btw, it won't be this year either) Was it Boise's first year? When was the last time Wyoming won a regular season title? Have they ever won a MW regular season title? When was their last at-large bid? I seriously don't know these answers. It has to have been a long time ago 

Guest Cowboy Junky
13 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Does it hurt that with all Wyoming's basketball tradition, Boise has the better program? Honestly, when was the last time Wyoming finished ahead of Boise in conference? (btw, it won't be this year either) Was it Boise's first year? When was the last time Wyoming won a regular season title? Have they ever won a MW regular season title? When was their last at-large bid? I seriously don't know these answers. It has to have been a long time ago 

Actually, Boise doesn't have a better program, never has, and likely never will.

You haven't even won an NCAA tournament game.

Wyoming has prolonged college basketball history. Boise has none at basketball.

As far as who has the better program, you guys won a title recently and so did we. You have a lot of talent in Boise and a solid coaching staff and so do we.

And yes, Wyoming has regular season titles. We have two from when there were good basketball teams in the MWC.

Talk all your shit about Boise basketball, but the reality is, you're a team that's never done anything on the main stage of college basketball.

17 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Actually, Boise doesn't have a better program, never has, and likely never will.

You haven't even won an NCAA tournament game.

Wyoming has prolonged college basketball history. Boise has none at basketball.

As far as who has the better program, you guys won a title recently and so did we. You have a lot of talent in Boise and a solid coaching staff and so do we.

And yes, Wyoming has regular season titles. We have two from when there were good basketball teams in the MWC.

Talk all your shit about Boise basketball, but the reality is, you're a team that's never done anything on the main stage of college basketball.

Do you think anyone outside of Wyoming remembers anything about your teams from the 80's?

21 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Cute?   Desperate maybe but certainly not cute.  Hey it is what it is, it sucks that Bleymeir held the program back for so many years as he focused on football and title 9.   Having Coyle for AD for just a short period of time is probably not enough either.  The current tool in the AD's office couldn't replace Rice with anyone good if his life depended on it.

Personally I am just enjoying a team that plays together on both sides of the floor and is still a year away.