mugtang

Chargers moving to Los Angeles.

11 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

then it'll fold. The new stadium isn't going to be big enough for the Pac B10 matchup.

I suspect the more likely scenario is that the Big Ten & Pac 12 move their higher ranked teams elsewhere (most likely a game in LA). Remember that the Holiday Bowl already lost its higher ranked tie-ins a few years ago to more money in other bowls.

Then the San Diego Bowl Committee decides to take the Las Vegas Bowl's current matchup away from them for the Holiday Bowl (or maybe even push to get the Pac 12 #4).

Finally, I suspect they will let the Poinsettia Bowl go away.

While ending the Poinsettia would suck for the MWC, the champion's matchup would finally get a proper date after Christmas coming full circle back to the old days of the Holiday Bowl.

4 minutes ago, Metropolis777 said:

I suspect the more likely scenario is that the Big Ten & Pac 12 move their higher ranked teams elsewhere (most likely a game in LA). Remember that the Holiday Bowl already lost its higher ranked tie-ins a few years ago to more money in other bowls.

Then the San Diego Bowl Committee decides to take the Las Vegas Bowl's current matchup away from them for the Holiday Bowl (or maybe even push to get the Pac 12 #4).

While ending the Poinsettia would suck for the MWC, the champion's matchup would finally get a proper date after Christmas coming full circle back to the old days of the Holiday Bowl.

If I were the Hair, I would work in concert with SD Bowl Commission for the P-Bowl.  Any stadium constructed with SDSU in mind is big enough for at least the Poinsettia Bowl. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Metropolis777 said:

Ending the Poinsettia would matter then if the MW got the Holiday Bowl then.  Could be a gain for the MW.   Guess we'll see since we are going to be 3 years away anyway when the new bowl cycle come up and the new LA stadium will be up and running. 

I've always imagined a Jan. 1 bowl in SD could work really well.

Guest Dr. Dre
2 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

I've always imagined a Jan. 1 bowl in SD could work really well.

That's NEVER happening. New LA stadium (and possibly Vegas) will get those. Could the "Rose" Bowl ever move to Kroenke World a la the Cotton Bowl?

Guest Dr. Dre
4 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

You guys will be able to bring back the 50/50 raffle @ Palomar...much more manageable for the team moms to walk those stands.

Palomar would BEAT FresNO 

Guest Dr. Dre
12 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Looks like Congrats are in order for SDSU. Hope you guys get the new campus done!

And as pissed off I was at our president for "offering" to pitch in 100 mil towards a NFL stadium, it now looks like a stroke of genius. Looks like we tried to help keep the Chargers here.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

That's NEVER happening. New LA stadium (and possibly Vegas) will get those. Could the "Rose" Bowl ever move to Kroenke World a la the Cotton Bowl?

As much as I love the Rose Bowl it will eventually collapse on itself like a dying star....the thing is being held up by chewing gum, duct tape and two by fours at this point. The day will come when it is more expensive to maintain than it would be construct a new stadium but the historic nature of the place will mean that whoever owns the thing will probably keep throwing money at it until it just falls over.

Guest Dr. Dre
1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Lulz, says the one triggered by another team's possible fortune  :rotflmfao:

yeah, no kidding. well the do have that dumb GREEN "V" on everything. 

Guest Dr. Dre
3 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

But, not one of them has said anything about caring about SDSU football now. ?  Strange. 

We'll get our fair share of converts. not by the 10's of thousands, but we'll get ours. More importantly, we'll improve our UNIVERSITY and the CITY drastically if we get that land. This is a HUGE win for SDSU if we pull it off. 

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...story.html

“I don’t know if I could even pick another team,” said Frank Sesma, who described himself as a former fan to KUSI. “… I’ll be a diehard San Diego State fan.”