mugtang

Chargers moving to Los Angeles.

Guest Dr. Dre
6 hours ago, k5james said:

The greatest day in the history of SDSU Football.

Such a MASSIVE opportunity for the university. Game changer in so many ways.

Guest Dr. Dre
7 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

@Dr. Dre's mom is going to lose a lot of business because of this. Oh well, she still has the military market to draw from. 

I'm so far up in that pea brain of yours- almost as much as I'm up in your wife. 8 time zones away no less.

Powned

36 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Such a MASSIVE opportunity for the university. Game changer in so many ways.

Yup. Mountain West, if you thought we dominated you now, imagine how dominated you will be when having to play at Aztec Warrior Stadium in front of a sold out house. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Greatest year in Aztec History thus far, and it is only getting better. 

Most here have no idea just how dishonest the Spanos have treated the SD Community. This is EXCELLANT NEWS for the Aztecs. Now we need the City to move on the granting of the land surrounding QComm and get this project mobilized!

Great News and the best part may be (and I could sincerely give a rip about anything NFL) LA will never support two teams, OC did (Rams before Georgia "FrontandRearie" relocated) LA is a different beast demographically.

10 hours ago, fanhood said:

Gone! SDSU West here we come! We won't ever lose another home game :-)

As the almighty $$ appear to be driving the Chargers' decision, what happens if the City follows that same model? Does SDSU West bring them the $$ that a private developer could? When the dust settles and the music stops, could SDSU be left w/ no chair to sit in?

Guest Dr. Dre
8 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

As the almighty $$ appear to be driving the Chargers' decision, what happens if the City follows that same model? Does SDSU West bring them the $$ that a private developer could? When the dust settles and the music stops, could SDSU be left w/ no chair to sit in?

NOTHING could bring more $$$ to the city of San Diego than a San Diego State University West campus. NOTHING

39 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

This has been discussed ad nauseum. The property has to be offered to a public entity first. There is already a developer that is partnering with the City and State Legislature (JMI), and they have a plan in place. Furthermore, the already have had in depth discussions with a potential MLS partner. Lot of details will need to be worked out, but this will happen.

54 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

NOTHING could bring more $$$ to the city of San Diego than a San Diego State University West campus. NOTHING

21 minutes ago, fanhood said:

This has been discussed ad nauseum. The property has to be offered to a public entity first. There is already a developer that is partnering with the City and State Legislature (JMI), and they have a plan in place. Furthermore, the already have had in depth discussions with a potential MLS partner. Lot of details will need to be worked out, but this will happen.

Hope you guys are right, but i guess I'm in the "I'll believe it when I see it camp."

Guest Dr. Dre
Just now, dshawfan said:

Hope you guys are right, but i guess I'm in the "I'll believe it when I see it camp."

city would be absolutely stupid not to offer the land to SDSU. The economics demand it

36 minutes ago, fanhood said:

26 years dealing with "Public Entities." News Flash, SDSU IS a Public Entity.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

city would be absolutely stupid not to offer the land to SDSU. The economics demand it

To me SDSU West would seem to be a slam dunk, but this is the City of SD we are talking about where the political leadership has shown itself to be less than intelligent at times.

• Like 2

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, dshawfan said:

There is NOTHING that could be built on the land in MV that would have a greater social, cultural and economic impact than SDSU WEST expansion and its not even close.  It will take about 15 years to build-out and will increase student capacity to about 50,000+ which will put SDSU in the top 10 largest public universities in the nation.  SDSU already has an annual economic impact to the San Diego region of $2.2 billion; that would double to about $5 billion annually.  In addition, about 10,000 new jobs will be created.  Furthermore, with the creation of the science campus there will be a significant increase in research grant dollars being funneled into San Diego and SDSU to fund public-private partnerships.  The construction of a new SDSU stadium will just be the cherry on top.

I do see some private developers such as Doug Manchester who will want to get a piece of the Mission Valley land but they won't be able to get all of it (at most 80 acres).  Hopefully, SDSU WEST will be developed on the majority of the property in addition to a 28 acre Public River Park.

Go SDSU WEST!

Go AZTECS!