mugtang

Chargers moving to Los Angeles.

I heard earlier today on ESPN that they pushed the announcement back until Tuesday, it was scheduled for Sunday but they didn't want to interfere with the NFL playoffs. I've been a Chargers fans since I was 8 years old, but I'm having my doubts about supporting them anymore once they leave town. It's like they cut your arm off and then they want you to shake their hand with your other arm. 

I've been a Packers shareholder for more than five years now so maybe I'll start rooting for Green Bay? All I know is that it's going to suck not having the Chargers in San Diego anymore. I've been to a lot of games at the old Q. 

Adiosth?&id=OIP.Mb004ca6e0fbd3b9fb6af690225f4512eo0&w=243&h=243&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

5 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Holy ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It sucks, but we San Diegan's have seen it coming for a long time now. :shots: I admit that I'm feeling bummed out.

Well....crap. I grew up watching Fouts zing the ball to Jefferson, Joyner, Winslow and Chandler. Sad day. I'll probably still root for them, but they might take a back seat to the Texans now.....and that pains me to say. 

This is very good news for the Aztecs. A new campus, new stadium (35K to 40K) and having the only real competition gone is a big plus. I know there are people here who love the NFL, perhaps even a few who love the chargers but in most NFL cities the NFL team sucks the money out of sports fans and leaves only pennies for college sports. Of course there are exceptions, LA for example but more often the NFL vs. College rivalry for fans is almost always won by the NFL.

Time to celebrate SDSU

• Like 3

Just now, CockyUNLVPoster said:

If true then the Raiders just lost that LA option and will now more than likely be heading to Vegas.  That new Vegas stadium will be awesome but, I wish we could get our own on campus stadium.

LA was never really an option, chargers always had first dibs. changes nothing for the raiders

2 minutes ago, 1066 said:

This is very good news for the Aztecs. A new campus, new stadium (35K to 40K) and having the only real competition gone is a big plus. I know there are people here who love the NFL, perhaps even a few who love the chargers but in most NFL cities the NFL team sucks the money out of sports fans and leaves only pennies for college sports. Of course there are exceptions, LA for example but more often the NFL vs. College rivalry for fans is always won by the NFL.

Time to celebrate SDSU

Here is hoping it will help the Aztecs and getting a new on campus stadium.

Think the Holiday will move to LA as the Copper did with Tucson....however I would hope the Poinsettia Bowl will split from the H Bowl because that could help push the Poinsettia to after Christmas and be the premier bowl for the MW.

• Like 1