Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

OT Hey skier's

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going thru withdrawal, haven't skied in a week, Mt Rose has been closed for the last four day:frustrated::crying::pullhair::shots: too much snow...and wind.

Mt Rose Snow Report at 10:29am:

Current Conditions

11.gif

19°

Snowing Heavily w/ Blustery Winds

Winds
Base: Light (10-15mph)
Summit: Breezy (15-25mph)

Snow Totals

New Snow

Storm Total

115-120

Base Depth
(average)

148"

Season Totals

Image result for Tons of Mammoth Mountain Snow

Apparently it was 9 feet of new snow. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

That's just crazy. Would love to see it from a warm cabin full of food and Internet.

I'm not a skier. Something about a fat guy falling down a mountain that doesn't appeal to me. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I used to be, but I got married and had kids and life happened. I'd say I just don't have the time but I've spent half my life on this board. ?

And it's time well spent.  

16 minutes ago, mugtang said:

And it's time money well spent.  

We all know what motivates you hereabouts, mugs. 

Edit: hey, look! Post #400, and in only nine official years (lurked unregistered on this forum and its predecessor for years before proceeding from dating to marriage). I'm on fire!

19 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I used to be, but I got married and had kids and life happened. I'd say I just don't have the time but I've spent half my life on this board. ?

Skiing/boarding is one of the best activities you can do with your kids. 

It is great to do as a family, it's a lifetime sport, and you can plan vacations around it. But more than that (a parent told me once and it's true) when they are teenagers and don't wanna hang with mom and dad anymore, you get an hour with them in the car going there, you get an hour when they come find you to pay for lunch, and you get an hour down the hill. It'll likely be the most quality time you're ever gunna get with your teenage kids. 

42 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I'm not a skier. Something about a fat guy falling down a mountain that doesn't appeal to me. 

Avalanche! :o

Image result for avalanche gif

Mt. Rose is getting pounded. Of course this is the first year in about 20 that I haven't bought a season pass. You can all thank me with beers because that's my f'ing luck and gift to all skiers in the Sierra. 

I literally had my card out ready to buy Silver passes at Squaw and decided this was the year our family would ski a la carte. ?

20 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

It is great to do as a family, it's a lifetime sport, and you can plan vacations around it. But more than that (a parent told me once and it's true) when they are teenagers and don't wanna hang with mom and dad anymore, you get an hour with them in the car going there, you get an hour when they come find you to pay for lunch, and you get an hour down the hill. It'll likely be the most quality time you're ever gunna get with your teenage kids. 

My kids are 8, 5, almost 2, and wife is pregnant(not Mormon). Just hard to get everyone involved. Im hoping when they get a little bit older we can all go.

I used to come up to Idaho as a teenager and snowboard with my family and I agree, great times.

59 minutes ago, SanDiegoPoke said:

I've been to Mammoth when you couldn't see that 20 foot sign at the top of the mountain, but it's been a while!

Mammoth is beast. Love skiing there. Favorite part is all the So Cal posers. ? June Mtn. just north of there is pretty fun for kids if you ever ski there again with family. Mammoth lift tickets are fargin pricey and you can save yourself a few dollars. 

25 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I saw a great video yesterday of a 5 year old skiing away from his dad and taking on a huge kicker. He's like "I totally committed" dad. Reminds me of my younger son. Still want to have a leash on him and he's 11. Scares the crap out of me.