Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

The three most frightening aspects of Trump IMO

15 minutes ago, pokebball said:

His twitter account is part of his image.  I'm confounded how some of you think he has to change or needs to change.  Trump is Trump.  He's not going to change.

How can you watch that press conference and not come away embarrassed and ashamed for our country?

It was worse than pathetic. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

1 minute ago, Jwherb said:

How can you watch that press conference and not come away embarrassed and ashamed for our country?

It's not about right and wrong with the Trumpkins, it's about us vs. them. In their world, there is no objective reality, only what their orange daddy says.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

18 minutes ago, pokebball said:

His twitter account is part of his image.  I'm confounded how some of you think he has to change or needs to change.  Trump is Trump.  He's not going to change.

You're right. It doesn't matter what damage he does with it. It pisses off liberals. Why would he stop? That's all most of his followers give a shit about anyway.

7 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

You're right. It doesn't matter what damage he does with it. It pisses off liberals. Why would he stop? That's all most of his followers give a shit about anyway.

main-qimg-5db787fd086aeecff2c3ef1d232850c5-c?convert_to_webp=true

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

10 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

I understand and agree with you.  But I'm sure you know that I've been pretty disappointment with my president for quite some time.  You also know that I didn't vote for either candidate.  My disappointment will most likely continue.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

14 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Ahhh, he's simply the shit of the day

The World Needs More Cowboys!

28 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

I had actually made peace in my own mind with Trump. Then that press conference happened. Pathetic is a perfect word.

45 minutes ago, pokebball said:

part of the calling of this position is to maintain a presidential image.  I think most of America would give him a chance, if he started there.  I know I would.

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Meh, considering the allegations of the dossier and the way CNN covered it non stop I am O.K. with his press conference. 

How, why?

Take away his attacking the press and any/all of the Russia stuff, and his press conference was still unprecedented in how embarrassing and pathetic it was.  He is so damn condescending to us:

trust me, you'll be impressed....

you'll be proud of my plan...

best job maker the world has ever seen...

The entire 20 minute parade where his legal team lectured us on how big and important and successful the Trump company is and how it would be impossible to divest, so rest assured and trust us when we say he doesn't care about business right now.  

What a charade.  

Just now, Jwherb said:

How, why?

Take away his attacking the press and any/all of the Russia stuff, and his press conference was still unprecedented in how embarrassing and pathetic it was.  He is so damn condescending to us:

trust me, you'll be impressed....

you'll be proud of my plan...

best job maker the world has ever seen...

The entire 20 minute parade where his legal team lectured us on how big and important and successful the Trump company is and how it would be impossible to divest, so rest assured and trust us when we say he doesn't care about business right now.  

What a charade.  

Well that is how he has always been.  A bragadocious blow hard who speaks at a 3rd grade level.  Public school 3rd grade at that.  He acknowledged Russia was behind the hacks, that was good.  His attack on the press in this incidence was warranted.  More than warranted and it was not on all press, right before he attacked Buzz Feed and CNN he praised the people who did a good job covering the dossier

Maybe I am still high from the Tillerson confirmation.  He KILLED IT!  Tillerson 2020!  

1 hour ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

It's not about right and wrong with the Trumpkins, it's about us vs. them. In their world, there is no objective reality, only what their orange daddy says.

Right, even many posters here who were completely opposed to and embarrassed by Trump during the primaries have gladly hopped on his bandwagon because, "my team won!"

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Maybe I am still high....

I think we all wish we were right there with you. 

Just now, Jwherb said:

I think we all wish we were right there with you. 

Seriously though, Tillerson killed it.  Very impressive.  Both sides of the isle seemed impressed by him.  He is a remarkably quick thinker, very well spoken and remarkably informed.  I was expecting to be be somewhat underwhelmed by him but hoping he would show some positives.  Blew away my expectations.

37 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Seriously though, Tillerson killed it.  Very impressive.  Both sides of the isle seemed impressed by him.  He is a remarkably quick thinker, very well spoken and remarkably informed.  I was expecting to be be somewhat underwhelmed by him but hoping he would show some positives.  Blew away my expectations.

So your expectations in the new world order are, simply, being competent and articulate?

I'd reconsider your expectations somewhat.  And yes, I did listen to (some of) Tillerson's confirmation hearing. 

7 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

So your expectations in the new world order are, simply, being competent and articulate?

I'd reconsider your expectations somewhat.  And yes, I did listen to (some of) Tillerson's confirmation hearing. 

What were your thoughts? I was completely unsure what to think of Tillerson prior to this.  Not ready to denounce him, not ready to laud him.  After listening to about 3 and half hours of his confirmation today I am feeling very optimistic.  Very nimble mind, fairly moderate.  Calculated, measured responses.  I really think somebody like him can wield great influence over the POTUS.

6 hours ago, pokerider said:

Happy, you don't have a single valid point.  Just blah blah blah.  

This is one of the most ironic and humorous posts I've ever seen on here. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

35 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What were your thoughts? I was completely unsure what to think of Tillerson prior to this.  Not ready to denounce him, not ready to laud him.  After listening to about 3 and half hours of his confirmation today I am feeling very optimistic.  Very nimble mind, fairly moderate.  Calculated, measured responses.  I really think somebody like him can wield great influence over the POTUS.

Some of his positions surprised me a bit; otherwise, he sounded very measured, serious, and deliberate.  Not surprising given a person of his pedigree, resume, and stature. 

I've said all along, as much as the prospect of Tillerson frightens me, if he takes his appointment seriously and completely severs ties to his previous companies and their interests, he could be quite good.  

19 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

Some of his positions surprised me a bit; otherwise, he sounded very measured, serious, and deliberate.  Not surprising given a person of his pedigree, resume, and stature. 

I've said all along, as much as the prospect of Tillerson frightens me, if he takes his appointment seriously and completely severs ties to his previous companies and their interests, he could be quite good.  

After listening to him being questioned at some length about that real concern it was made evident he was very honored to be in this position and has completely severed ties to any corporate interests.  In a round about way he even criticized Trump for not doing similar.  He made that a major point several times.

Right now Tillerson seems like a home run hire to me.  Better than Romney would have been by a good deal.