cherrycrush1

Fire Noodle

22 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

You're right... I'm an idiot... Believing that players should be able to somewhat execute what they're taught. If you know for a fact that coach Neal is teaching them nothing, then I can believe that that's why they  under perform.

PS phuck off poke!

Name one player who has gotten better under Neal. 

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:22 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Questions for all you Lobos. (Well, maybe not Loboman.)

Would you equate Neal to Brian Polian? I ask that because although I wouldn't say either is a very good coach, neither Polian or Neal lost to such an extent that the venom expressed by their team's fan base would be expected just on that basis.

So is the reason for your dislike for Neal similar to Wolf Pack fans for Polian in that maybe half of it is because the guy is such an asswipe?

(Edited a bit after Newmexpoke's post.)

It's amazing what fans will put up with from a winning coach. Most that win championships and get into the HOF are asswipes.

Of course when they aren't winning....

Take that L, Craig.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Newmexpoke said:

One only needs to look at Oklahoma state to see the difference a coach makes. Basically same players vastly different results. 

Or in the difference between JR Giddens under Alford and JR Giddens under McKay.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2017 at 2:59 PM, LoboMan59 said:

But you just made my point! A  New coach might inspire new effort from the players that he inherits. These Lobos are lazy and give no effort, these are D 1 players...scouts are watching. And they're NOT LOOKING AT THE COACHES. To not give your all, that's all on the players.

So, it sounds like you are blaming ALL UNM players from your comments. I see guys out here trying hard. The problem I see is that you may have 3 OR 4 hustling. Example, what sense does it make to pressure the ball full court if one guy is playing lax on the passing lanes.

My point is that there is plenty of blame to go around. It's not just coach/coaching.  If there are lazy seniors or juniors, then you're gonna have lazy freshman and sophomores. And one or two guys not giving effort can be contagious. 

Line up changes seem to have NOT been effective for this team. The defensive effort is just not there like previous teams under Alford... sometime the ball would just not drop, but they always hustled on defense. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

19 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

My point is that there is plenty of blame to go around. It's not just coach/coaching.  If there are lazy seniors or juniors, then you're gonna have lazy freshman and sophomores. And one or two guys not giving effort can be contagious. 

Line up changes seem to have NOT been effective for this team. The defensive effort is just not there like previous teams under Alford... sometime the ball would just not drop, but they always hustled on defense. 

And, It's a combination of other things happenings on the floor with poor D.  Slow feet, mis-reads, mental mistakes, lack of communication, etc.

3 hours ago, Bluedove3 said:

So, it sounds like you are blaming ALL UNM players from your comments. I see guys out here trying hard. The problem I see is that you may have 3 OR 4 hustling. Example, what sense does it make to pressure the ball full court if one guy is playing lax on the passing lanes.

UNM's defensive issues are related to the fact that two of their weaker defenders are their scoring leaders.  At least Williams looks to be trying when he plays.  With Brown its kind of a possession by possession decision by him whether he plays D or not.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Which one had the most grease dripping off him?

It's different types of grease. Larry is more of the squeaky, nerdy, alcoholic, greasy. Neal is more of the give unwanted back-rubs to females, country club golf hustler, alcoholic, greasy.

• Like 4