cherrycrush1

Fire Noodle

3 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

I made an entire thread on this about a week ago. I said there was going to be mass turn over.I made an entire thread on this about a week ago. I said there was going to be mass turn over.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

I made an entire thread on this about a week ago. I said there was going to be mass turn over.I made an entire thread on this about a week ago. I said there was going to be mass turn over.

you may have, but i have been a little distracted this last week and might have missed it. i just saw the article in sports illustrated and thought sebasour be interested.

9 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

you may have, but i have been a little distracted this last week and might have missed it. i just saw the article in sports illustrated and thought sebasour be interested.

There could be 12 P5 openings, so I don't see Musselman surviving at Reno.  I think that Paul Weir will get looks, but will be viewed as too much of a risk at this point.

1 minute ago, Lobo Amor said:

Anyone who thinks neal should keep his jod obviously does not know the game of basketball. 

:sh*tfan:

I don't think it's a matter of anyone thinking he should keep his job LA... I think most everyone is in agreement that he should go... we. At need a change in direction... the argument is over UNM being able to afford to buy him out or not! 

Someone at UNM has to figure out what the long term damage that could be done if he stays, versus cutting him loose now, and hope a new coach coming in can turn the ship around fast enough to stop the bleeding of fans leaving in droves with their money... and also try to Convince a few to come back!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

I don't think this is going to happen, but I think Ryan Miller would be a great hire for New Mexico.  When he was there as an assistant, he brought in the talent that got them a three seed in 2013.  He would be able to upgrade their talent drastically, and I think he has the personality traits to be a head coach.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

I don't think it's a matter of anyone thinking he should keep his job LA... I think most everyone is in agreement that he should go... we. At need a change in direction... the argument is over UNM being able to afford to buy him out or not! 

Someone at UNM has to figure out what the long term damage that could be done if he stays, versus cutting him loose now, and hope a new coach coming in can turn the ship around fast enough to stop the bleeding of fans leaving in droves with their money... and also try to Convince a few to come back!

Neal's contract isn't as bad as it seems, it would be spread out for the lifeof the contract not a lump sum. Also if he gets another job, whatever the new school pays will get subtracted from what UNM will have to pay. 

15 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Krebs dug his grave with this guy. The question is what was he thinking giving Noodle all these unearned extensions in the first place?  They both need to go.  I could do both of those jobs better.  I never would have hired hairbag to begin with.  

Next year the Pit will be lucky to average 10k.  What a disgrace!

2 minutes ago, cherrycrush said:

Krebs dug his grave with this guy. The question is what was he thinking giving Noodle all these unearned extensions in the first place?  They both need to go.  I could do both of those jobs better.  I never would have hired hairbag to begin with.  

I don't think any coach should get an extension until they show that they can with the players they recruited.

• Like 1

And the three "Fire Noodle" threads are now merged.  Maybe you can give the fire Rice thread a run for it's money?

• Like 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

45 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Neal's contract isn't as bad as it seems, it would be spread out for the lifeof the contract not a lump sum. Also if he gets another job, whatever the new school pays will get subtracted from what UNM will have to pay. 

That's right... but if I were Neal, I'm not so sure that I'd looking for work right away. He knows he's got the contract monies in his favor. 

How soon anyone offers him a job would be a total nightmare, cause in the meantime, we are playing him. But I'm hoping a booster or three will step up with some coin... we will see.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

56 minutes ago, cherrycrush said:

Neal got a two year extension after the first good year, no other extensions. His contract can be paid out over two years and any job he takes in that will have that salary deducted from his buyout. It's really an easy buyout compared to a lot of coaches and I hope they make the decision to get rid of him soon. I thought he would do great at UNM but his time is over.