cherrycrush1

Fire Noodle

1 hour ago, PTR said:

It's different types of grease. Larry is more of the squeaky, nerdy, alcoholic, greasy. Neal is more of the give unwanted back-rubs to females, country club golf hustler, alcoholic, greasy.

Larry's grease has a little vape mixed in.

26 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

from your former prez

C5fLS6YU4AA7CcW.jpg

Lol. Goddamn. He's got his troll setting on expert. :rotflmfao:

It's just poor timing for all this to happen. Right now we have an acting president who could probably care less about athletics. Krebs is most likely going to resign in the near future. Krebs will be gone and leave the "Neal problem" with the new president and AD. I truly hope I'm wrong, but we are probably going to have another year of Noodles. We are still going to pay him his $1 million buyout regardless though, after this season or the next. 

I'm optimistic that Craig Neal might actually pull this off. All we need is a bad SDSU team to throttle us a home and another 1st round tourney loss and we might pull a Fire Noodle off after-all. FWIW, Neal's buyout isn't a lump sum. UNM can pay it in installments. I believe!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PTR said:

I'm optimistic that Craig Neal might actually pull this off. All we need is a bad SDSU team to throttle us a home and another 1st round tourney loss and we might pull a Fire Noodle off after-all. FWIW, Neal's buyout isn't a lump sum. UNM can pay it in installments. I believe!!!

2 500k installments - whatever income he gets over the next two years in his new job. In theory if ucla hired him as a 500k/yr assistant we wouldn't owe him anything. 

• Like 2

He's gotta go, especially since next years team is probably going to take a step back IMO. Only issue outside of the buyout is there's not a ton of super exciting coaching names, but I still think you have to pull the trigger.

In the coach's on the rise categories my favorites would probably be King Rice, Thunder Dan, Tommy Amaker, and maybe the intriguing but still pretty unproven Paul Weir. Problem with Amaker and Dan is that they both seem  fairly happy with where they are and could very well land a bigger job when they're ready to move on. The issue with Weir is that he's only been a head coach for one year, and though he is doing fantastic he took over what is far and away the best program in that league. He's still pretty unproven and another flub from Krebs that brings UNM 4-5 more years of stagnation could be a disaster.

In the retreads category (which actually might be the best short term move), the coaches I'd be keeping an eye out on are Tom Crean, Tim Miles and Mark Fox. There's also guys like Howland and Sampson but those could be pretty damn hard to pry away

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PTR said:

Aztecs gonna help out. Gonna lose at Viejas on Wednesday to one of the worst teams in the country, Air Ball, to set things up perfectly for Noodles to be booed out of the building when SDSU then goes into The Pit and wins. Don't forget to thank us when the time comes.

• Like 3

Boom goes the dynamite.

33 minutes ago, sebasour said:

He's gotta go, especially since next years team is probably going to take a step back IMO. Only issue outside of the buyout is there's not a ton of super exciting coaching names, but I still think you have to pull the trigger.

In the coach's on the rise categories my favorites would probably be King Rice, Thunder Dan, Tommy Amaker, and maybe the intriguing but still pretty unproven Paul Weir. Problem with Amaker and Dan is that they both seem  fairly happy with where they are and could very well land a bigger job when they're ready to move on. The issue with Weir is that he's only been a head coach for one year, and though he is doing fantastic he took over what is far and away the best program in that league. He's still pretty unproven and another flub from Krebs that brings UNM 4-5 more years of stagnation could be a disaster.

In the retreads category (which actually might be the best short term move), the coaches I'd be keeping an eye out on are Tom Crean, Tim Miles and Mark Fox. There's also guys like Howland and Sampson but those could be pretty damn hard to pry away

I think Crean is very gettable. He'll take a pay cut to come to unm but he can win, win quickly and after 5-6 years if he's ready to get another P5 big time job he can. 

22 hours ago, PTR said:

Posted on TRM..,

"

• In order to terminate Coach Neal, UNM must give notice by March 31 of each agreement year.
  • If he is terminated any year prior to the end of the contract he is to be paid a million dollars,over equal payments over the following 24 months. However if he is hired as a coach anywhere else within the following 24 months of termination, his new salary (including deferred compensation) will be deducted from UNM's payout. (Hypothetically he gets a job paying $300,000 a year for the next two years, he'd make $600,000 and UNM would be only responsible for the difference or $400,000 total).

• Like 2

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

5 hours ago, sebasour said:

sounds like thamel thinks there will be...interesting article.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/02/23/nc-state-indiana-coaching-carousel?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

An active carousel isn't always great one. If we're going the retread route, there's certainly interesting choices, but are they interested in UNM? Tom Crean is a guy for example that I'd be thrilled to grab, but that doesn't mean he wants to come here. I'm sure he'd also garner interest from schools like Clemson, NC State, and Georgia too. He still seems like a guy who can stay at a P5 level, even if Indiana didn't go the way he wanted it to.

There's other more realistic guys like Fox and Gottfried who could be decent pickups too, they're not super exciting though

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sebasour said:

An active carousel isn't always great one. If we're going the retread route, there's certainly interesting choices, but are they interested in UNM? Tom Crean is a guy for example that I'd be thrilled to grab, but that doesn't mean he wants to come here. I'm sure he'd also garner interest from schools like Clemson, NC State, and Georgia too. He still seems like a guy who can stay at a P5 level, even if Indiana didn't go the way he wanted it to.

There's other more realistic guys like Fox and Gottfried who could be decent pickups too, they're not super exciting though

not arguing that a bit, i just think there will be a few surprises here and there with coaches who might want to move from where they are.