cherrycrush1

Fire Noodle

Wile I agree that this team seems to have given up...

the skid will end at eight.

Too early to consider firing "Noodle".

I hear that some directional Florida school is going to offer him a contract.  New Mexico probably will need to give him a four year extension.

• Haha 1

Wile I agree that this team seems to have given up...

the skid will end at eight.

Too early to consider firing "Noodle".

It's never too early, the guy either has it or he doesn't. Schools and teams get themselves into trouble by holding onto a guy too long even when they know he doesn't have it. I don't know enough about the situation to know if Noodle has it or he doesn't but based on a brief observation I'd say he doesn't. He has decent players but he seems to be in over his head. Some guys are just born to be assistants. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

It's never too early, the guy either has it or he doesn't. Schools and teams get themselves into trouble by holding onto a guy too long even when they know he doesn't have it. I don't know enough about the situation to know if Noodle has it or he doesn't but based on a brief observation I'd say he doesn't. He has decent players but he seems to be in over his head. Some guys are just born to be assistants.

It's become apparent that he doesn't have it. The Senior leadership of Williams, Bairstow, and Kirk are gone. They were the coaches on the floor last year. This year Greenwood was the only kid who knew how to win and Noodle put to much on his plate, nobody else stepped up. This was supposed to be DDs team this year, but he never evolved

I think he has one more year... It has to be better than this year... I was totally against this hire but now that he is here, hope that he can pull something out of his hat...

The scary thing is all these guys are HIS recruits! UNM under Alford lost 2 full recruiting seasons as all the guys he left were kicked off or quit the team. So Neal is putting his recruits in to play. Thus far nobody has responded. His coaching is so-so as the team seems so unprepared falling by double digits in all of the past few games... And by the time they get it close to respectable nobody has shown the ability to take the game over...

Another thing that makes me nervous is that all hopes are being pinned on three freshmen coming in next year and a couple of transfers. I'm not saying these guys aren't good players, but based on what has been brought in the past couple of years I have to say I am skeptical.

Paul Krebs trusted the diamond of the athletic department to a lifetime assistant coach. They have to be better next year, I would say schedule a cupcake schedule but they already did that this year. This is the worst MWC in a very long time and we are one of the worst programs... That is scary.

trm101.jpg?t=1279010041