Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackrabbit

Obama's Farewell Speech

6 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

Instead of defending your hero's glaring failed legacy, which you cant , you attack me and deflect to Trump .   Classic response

His failed legacy?

The economy was in the phucking toilet when he took over on January 20th 2009; the unemployment rate was 7.8% the DOW was at 7949.

Today, the unemployment rate is is 4.7% and the DOW is at 19,858. 

Yeah, hell of a failed legacy!

I know a bunch of losers will complain about "inaccurate" unemployment numbers....waa! ,waa!, waa!. The numbers have been calculated the same way forever.

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I really think it is based on what the ear chooses to hear.  A lot of people believed Obama was genuine in his words, but don't believe that with Trump, and vice versa. 

Of course.  Partisans will always be partisans.  It's that middle 5% in swing states that makes the decision every election.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest RoscoesDad
32 minutes ago, renoskier said:

His failed legacy?

The economy was in the phucking toilet when he took over on January 20th 2009; the unemployment rate was 7.8% the DOW was at 7949.

I know a bunch of losers will complain about "inaccurate" unemployment numbers....waa! ,waa!, waa!. The numbers have been calculated the same way forever.

Trump and GOP will start taking credit for all of that in about 2-3 weeks.

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

I agree with you.  However, when you say "you can see the gears working", not only can that be interpreted as "thoughtful and articulate" but also "calculating", in that he's filtering out of his response things he actually embraces, supports, feels, etc. that he doesn't want us to hear..  In other words, is Obama being authentic?  Perhaps Obama isn't as unauthentic as most of our politicians in DC, but that doesn't matter.  We've observed a revolution against the unauthentic politician.

Trump doesn't articulate his authenticity well, but it's the authenticity that is resonating with Americans.

I'm not sure associating Trump with "authentic" is correct at all.  He's been the most authentically disingenuous politician ever.  He says something at a rally or speech, then 20 minutes later will say he didn't say it, or he was kidding, or the press made it up.  In fact, I seriously think he's playing an Andy Kaufman character that is trolling us through an exaggerated caricature of a politician.   

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

As if the GOP wins on ideas. Cult of personality wins elections. Not ideas. I doubt even a majority of voters could tell you a thing about Obama's policies. And I have no idea what idea the current GOP is pushing other than, well, +++++ liberals. 

So all those Republican US State legislature members and Governors must be more charming than I thought!  

1 hour ago, Jwherb said:

I'm not sure associating Trump with "authentic" is correct at all.  He's been the most authentically disingenuous politician ever.  He says something at a rally or speech, then 20 minutes later will say he didn't say it, or he was kidding, or the press made it up.  In fact, I seriously think he's playing an Andy Kaufman character that is trolling us through an exaggerated caricature of a politician.   

I'm not saying that I think Trump is authentic, oh hell no!

What I'm saying is that there are many that reached a point where an unauthentic establishment DC politician wasn't acceptable anymore.  I don't think Trump was elected because of Trump.  He was the alternative.  Simply a hypothesis of mine.  I'm still wondering how the hell he got elected.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

His failed legacy?

The Dems took a helluva beating in November.

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

With a certain minority of Americans. The majority of Americans find him irrational and impulsive.

Perhaps it got him elected, right?  I"m grasping at straws, trying to figure out what the hell got him elected.  He was the anti establishment candidate. 

8 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The Dems took a helluva beating in November.

They've taken beating after beating after beating in every election for anyone but Obama. This last beat down was nothing new. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

6 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Perhaps it got him elected, right?  I"m grasping at straws, trying to figure out what the hell got him elected.  He was the anti establishment candidate. 

Maybe. He was a change, I guess. Plus people are stupid.

11 minutes ago, pokerider said:

So all those Republican US State legislature members and Governors must be more charming than I thought!  

No you're right. It's their lofty ideals. What are those ideals again?

2 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

They've taken beating after beating after beating in every election for anyone but Obama. This last beat down was nothing new. 

I think a lot of it had to do with Obama's 8yrs.  We can agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

His failed legacy?

Ahh yes, the "Unemployment Rate"  that has millions of people simple just not being "counted" anymore.  And welfare recipients have gone up from 32M to almost 48M in the last 8 years.  The DOW is on a Trump rally, Every business person I've seen or read has said so as well.   The Market was at around 11,000 when Obama was elected, and it plunged down to almost 8000 after he was elected, and then in 8 years has steadily risen to about 18,000 before the Trump rally.  And the market was over 16,000 before Obama ran for President.  

Just now, pokebball said:

The same stupidity that elected Obama and all of the other past POTUS'?

In some ways, yes. I think about 20 percent on either side actually know what they are voting for. For everybody else it's tribal. Trump is a bit different because he goes against so many of the things the right has supposedly stood for for generations. 

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

Ahh yes, the "Unemployment Rate"  that has millions of people simple just not being "counted" anymore.  And welfare recipients have gone up from 32M to almost 48M in the last 8 years.  The DOW is on a Trump rally, Every business person I've seen or read has said so as well.   The Market was at around 11,000 when Obama was elected, and it plunged down to almost 8000 after he was elected, and then in 8 years has steadily risen to about 18,000 before the Trump rally.  And the market was over 16,000 before Obama ran for President.  

Is this an attempt at blaming the market crash on Obama? 

6 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

In some ways, yes. I think about 20 percent on either side actually know what they are voting for. For everybody else it's tribal. Trump is a bit different because he goes against so many of the things the right has supposedly stood for for generations. 

In most ways, yes.  Your math above suggests there are 60% that don't know.  That has always been the case.  We weren't any more stupid this past November than in prior elections.  Additionally, I'd like to think I was in the 40% and I didn't vote for either choice.  I think there were quite a few of us.

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

In most ways, yes.  Your math above suggests there are 60% that don't know.  That has always been the case.  We weren't any more stupid this past November in prior elections.  Additionally, I'd like to think I was in the 40% and I didn't vote for either choice.  I think there were quite a few of us.

Go back to my first post on this thread and you'll realize that you and I don't disagree much. I only took exception with the idea that the Dems can't win on their ideas. That's nonsense. Neither wins on ideas.