retrofade

Jeff Sessions has opened the door to prosecuting "obscenity"

36 posts in this topic

Quote

In Tuesday’s Senate Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing for Jeff Sessions’ appointment to be Donald Trump’s attorney general, the topic of pornography came up. Specifically, Sen. Orrin Hatch asked Sen. Sessions whether or not he would more “vigorously” prosecute adult obscenity laws targeting pornography and re-establish a special unit to prosecute these cases that former Attorney General Eric Holder disbanded during Obama's first term.

“Those laws are clear and being prosecuted today and should be continued to be effectively and vigorously prosecuted in the cases that are appropriate,” Sessions said.

Of the Justice Department’s shuttered Obscenity Prosecution Task Force, Sessions said this: “That unit has been disbanded. I’m not sure I knew that, but it was a part of the Department of Justice for a long time and I would consider [reviving it].”

 

Quote

As Politico reported five years ago, any recent adult pornography prosecutions “usually focused on cases involving violent pornography, simulated rape or unusual fetishes.” Hatch has complained in the past that the Justice Department didn’t do enough to prosecute larger distributors of more mainstream pornography. In his questioning of Sessions, Hatch cited arguments that adult pornography “should be viewed as a public health problem” and referenced “some of the latest research into the harms of obscenity.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/01/10/jeff_sessions_says_he_d_prosecute_porn_trump_appeared_in_multiple_porns.html

Do we really need to be prosecuting porn and other "obscenities"? Prosecute child porn for sure, but let's focus on more important things for +++++ssake. 

The more amusing part is this:

Quote

Funnily enough, our incoming president has his own history with pornography. More precisely, he has appeared in some (plural) soft-core pornographic films.

None of the appearances included nude work by the president-elect. One such appearance was in the 2000 Playboy soft-core film Video Centerfold, whose plot centered around women named "Carol and Darlene" who "bare their sex appeal and lead you on a sensual journey of discovery." The others were in 1994 and 2001 Playboy films.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL

Gonna be a fun four years.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Mug's site is obscene.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vLAPFEK.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they want my porn they'll have to rip it from my warm, dead sticky hands

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just thinking to my self "you know what Merica needs, more prisoners".

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course Orrin Hatch would ask that, Utah has a serious problem with porn.

4d3de1862d634.jpg

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I was just thinking to my self "you know what Merica needs, more prisoners".

 

We're gonna get them.... more obscenity prosecutions, and an expansion of the War on Drugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, retrofade said:

We're gonna get them.... more obscenity prosecutions, and an expansion of the War on Drugs.

San Diego will protest

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of porn will be illegal?  Who is to say what a weird fetish is these days?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What kind of porn will be illegal?  Who is to say what a weird fetish is these days?

 

I think violent porn / rape is something that would be questionable, but I simply don't see how you ever regulate that.  We've kind of already gone through these exercises in the past 100+ years.  What you consider obscenity someone else considers art.  

Sessions and his social conservative ilk should go ahead and f-ck right off, preferably on each other. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

Of course Orrin Hatch would ask that, Utah has a serious problem with porn.

4d3de1862d634.jpg

WTF Washington?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

WTF Washington?

Also: South Dakota

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jwherb said:

I think violent porn / rape is something that would be questionable, but I simply don't see how you ever regulate that.  We've kind of already gone through these exercises in the past 100+ years.  What you consider obscenity someone else considers art.  

Sessions and his social conservative ilk should go ahead and f-ck right off, preferably on each other. 

Religious based social conservatism is cancer.  What is violent porn?  BDSM?  As long as it involves consenting human (looking at you Washington) adults it should be legal.  Stop Americans producing it and Americans will just watch porn made in other countries.  Somebody should mention to Trump the possibility of adult entertainment being outsourced to Mexico.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Also: South Dakota

Agreed, but at least the Dakotas and Nebraska seem to have a common theme going between Ugliest Residents, Rape and Violence on Females. Also Montana and Wyoming have the kindred Drunk Driving and Fatal Car Crashes.

Washington just sitting out there on its own with Beastiality... I assume its for the eastern part of the state, or are people getting freaky with sockeye salmon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, retrofade said:

 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/01/10/jeff_sessions_says_he_d_prosecute_porn_trump_appeared_in_multiple_porns.html

Do we really need to be prosecuting porn and other "obscenities"? Prosecute child porn for sure, but let's focus on more important things for +++++ssake. 

The more amusing part is this:

 

 

29 minutes ago, retrofade said:

We're gonna get them.... more obscenity prosecutions, and an expansion of the War on Drugs.

Hey, if they can only focus on one or the other...well sorry perverts, I hope ya'all fry!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SharkTanked said:

Agreed, but at least the Dakotas and Nebraska seem to have a common theme going between Ugliest Residents, Rape and Violence on Females. Also Montana and Wyoming have the kindred Drunk Driving and Fatal Car Crashes.

Washington just sitting out there on its own with Beastiality... I assume its for the eastern part of the state, or are people getting freaky with sockeye salmon?

In 2010, I think it was, Washington was all over the news with multiple bestiality farms being busted.  It was labeled it's hidden tourism attraction or some such shit.  Not just one part of the state either, it was everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

 

Sessions and his social conservative ilk should go ahead and f-ck right off, preferably on each other. 

They already do, man

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What kind of porn will be illegal?  Who is to say what a weird fetish is these days?

 

I know obscenity when I see it...

5190202-3178735140-hqdef.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.