Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at New Mexico

Recommended Posts

Matchup UNLV (8-9, 1-3 Mountain West) at New Mexico (9-7, 2-2 Mountain West)
Date Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Time 7:00 p.m. MT / 6:00 p.m. PT
Site WisePies Arena / The Pit (15,411), Albuquerque, N.M.
TV ESPN3 (Ari Wolfe, Blaine Fowler)
Radio ESPN Radio 1100 AM/100.9 FM (Jon Sandler, Robert Smith)
Audio UNLV Gameday App & UNLVRebels.com
Stats Livestats at Statbroadcast.com

UNLV leads the all-time series 32-22 - UNLV is 11-13 all-time at UNM, but is 2-1 over the last three years

UNLV is 1-3 in true road games this year

The two schools split the two meetings last year with UNLV winning in Las Vegas, 86-74, on Jan. 12, New Mexico winning in Albuquerque, 87-83, on Feb. 2

UNLV is 337-145 (.699) all-time against teams that currently make up the Mountain West

New Mexico has lost two straight games: at Utah State (79-75) last Wednesday at vs. Nevada, Reno (105-104 in overtime) at home on Saturday.

Senior forward Tim Williams (19.1 ppg) and junior guard Elijah Brown (17.3 ppg) lead the team in scoring

Head coach Craig Neal is in his fourth year as a college head coach and has a career record of 68-45 (.602)

Since the 3-point field goal was adopted by the NCAA in 1986-87, UNLV has converted at least one 3-pointer in all 991 games played

In MWC play Kris Clyburn is 1-11 from the arc

In MWC play Tyrell Green is 2- 22 from the arc & 0-14 in 3 of his last four games - Green shot 37.7% from the arc on non-conference games but is shooting 9.1% on MWC games

Jovan Mooring had a season high 8 assists against USU

Zion Morgan played a season high 19 minutes against USU

Jaylen Poyser now sits at 407 career points

Poyser played a season low 23 minutes vs USU

In MWC games UNLV is shooting 35.9% from the field while MWC opponents are hitting 48.6% of their FG's

Green & Clyburn are a combined 3-33 from the arc in MWC games

Poyser is hitting 84.4% of this FT's

Clyburn leads UNLV in rebounding in MWC games at 9.5 Rpg 

On the season, no player is averaging 30 minutes of playing time

In MWC play no player averages more than 29.8 mpg playing time 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to seeing UNM's next "creative" way to loss. Rebels by 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Looking forward to seeing UNM's next "creative" way to loss. Rebels by 10.

Lobos will easily win. UNLV is in a race to finish last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Looking forward to seeing UNM's next "creative" way to loss. Rebels by 10.

and i have the lobos by 40. they're not happy campers right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:
Matchup UNLV (8-9, 1-3 Mountain West) at New Mexico (9-7, 2-2 Mountain West)
Date Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Time 7:00 p.m. MT / 6:00 p.m. PT
Site WisePies Arena / The Pit (15,411), Albuquerque, N.M.
TV ESPN3 (Ari Wolfe, Blaine Fowler)
Radio ESPN Radio 1100 AM/100.9 FM (Jon Sandler, Robert Smith)
Audio UNLV Gameday App & UNLVRebels.com
Stats Livestats at Statbroadcast.com

UNLV leads the all-time series 32-22 - UNLV is 11-13 all-time at UNM, but is 2-1 over the last three years

UNLV is 1-3 in true road games this year

The two schools split the two meetings last year with UNLV winning in Las Vegas, 86-74, on Jan. 12, New Mexico winning in Albuquerque, 87-83, on Feb. 2

UNLV is 337-145 (.699) all-time against teams that currently make up the Mountain West

New Mexico has lost two straight games: at Utah State (79-75) last Wednesday at vs. Nevada, Reno (105-104 in overtime) at home on Saturday.

Senior forward Tim Williams (19.1 ppg) and junior guard Elijah Brown (17.3 ppg) lead the team in scoring

Head coach Craig Neal is in his fourth year as a college head coach and has a career record of 68-45 (.602)

Since the 3-point field goal was adopted by the NCAA in 1986-87, UNLV has converted at least one 3-pointer in all 991 games played

In MWC play Kris Clyburn is 1-11 from the arc

In MWC play Tyrell Green is 2- 22 from the arc & 0-14 in 3 of his last four games - Green shot 37.7% from the arc on non-conference games but is shooting 9.1% on MWC games

Jovan Mooring had a season high 8 assists against USU

Zion Morgan played a season high 19 minutes against USU

Jaylen Poyser now sits at 407 career points

Poyser played a season low 23 minutes vs USU

In MWC games UNLV is shooting 35.9% from the field while MWC opponents are hitting 48.6% of their FG's

Green & Clyburn are a combined 3-33 from the arc in MWC games

Poyser is hitting 84.4% of this FT's

Clyburn leads UNLV in rebounding in MWC games at 9.5 Rpg 

On the season, no player is averaging 30 minutes of playing time

In MWC play no player averages more than 29.8 mpg playing time 

 

sounds like they need to find other ways to score. :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So was UNLV able to get out of Logan on Saturday or were they snowed in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At some point Green and Clyburn will start making 3s.  They can't continue to shoot this bad.  That's just the law of averages.  UNM has a way of breaking bad shooters out of slumps.  Hope this is one of those times.  In all reality though, UNM runs the Rebels out of the building. We have no defense for Tim Williams.  He will have his way down low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

and i have the lobos by 40. they're not happy campers right now.

This. UNM is gonna boatrace us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

This. UNM is gonna boatrace us.

Yep. Hope Menzies has some good recruits lined up for next year because half of this roster needs to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poster17 said:

At some point Green and Clyburn will start making 3s.  They can't continue to shoot this bad.  That's just the law of averages.  UNM has a way of breaking bad shooters out of slumps.  Hope this is one of those times.  In all reality though, UNM runs the Rebels out of the building. We have no defense for Tim Williams.  He will have his way down low.

Green was shooting about mid 40's% in non-conference games - it's just since MWC games began that Green has been ice cold :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First half line is New Mexico by 6

Game line is New Mexico by 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lobos have to have a few demons from their last game.  It will be interesting to see how they react if they get a decent size lead and Rebs start cutting into it late. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are not that overmatched in MWC league play.  There is no excuse to not hustle your ass off when a you get a D1 scholly to play at UNLV when you probably never would have even gotten a sniff from the school before. They got lucky with this opportunity.  Effort should never be an issue however  but it seems like it's starting to become a problem for some of our kids.  I can't say I understand why Menzies has shortened the bench and essentially doesn't give minutes to Coupet or the the slovenian kid. It's not like there is some huge drop off in skill level.  If I were Marvin, I'd go Nolan Richardson 40 minutes of hell and burn out every guy I got.  It's not like UNLV is all of a sudden going to start out executing other teams or play better defense in the half court.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this game will show what UNM does the rest of the season.  Are they going to lay down and quit or get fired up and save Neal's job.  I see the Lobos winning but if it is real close that will tell us something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Newmexpoke said:

Lobos get up early unlv starts to fight back and it turns into a 50/50 game. 

That's what we in Vegas are hoping for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Newmexpoke said:

Lobos get up early unlv starts to fight back and it turns into a 50/50 game. 

Thnk UNLV hangs for about 12-14 minutes then Lobo's leave Rebels in the dust and win going away by 15 + 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting game to say the least. Is the Rebels getting better or worse. Go Rebs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i got the rebels pulling off the upset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

prob just turn this one off here in a few mins

 

unlv is awful. they don't run any offense, like not a single pick and roll. just iso and drive into 4 defenders. no wonder they can't score

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×