roughrider

Boise State gets SMU transfer guard and new commit

Wondered if our Aussie coach was on anyone this year after aiming ridiculously high last year and striking out with recruits from down under. 

As of today, a new offer shows up for Bol Bak, a 6'4" PG from Melbourne.    His info just showed for us and everyone else that's offered him like Tennessee, Texas, Baylor and others.   So they're still going after the cream in Australia which has to greatly diminish their odds of landing him but nice to see they're trying at least.

11 hours ago, roughrider said:

Hopefully he's watching Webb struggle in the D league and knows he needs another year of leading the team. 

Webb is a tremendous athlete with a big upside, but he wasn't ready to contribute much early. Hutch looks polished. He only needs to work on his outside shot

I hope he stays, but he seems to have a lot of what the NBA is looking for 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:16 PM, kingpotato said:

The Aussie connection continues. He'll be eligible next spring as a FR. Had offers from Gonzaga, UConn, Davidson, St. Marys, as well as SMU and Boise State.

Huge get. Boise will be stacked next year if Hutch stays 

Hutchison isn't really a nba prospect

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I certainly wouldn't mind if that were true, but he absolutely is. He needs to work on his outside shot, but he does everything else the NBA looks for 

He's a good finisher. But compared to NBA athletes, is an average athlete, decent handle, and some defensive upside. But I don't really see a role in the NBA, without the jumper improving a lot.