Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Basketball rank em 1/7

38 minutes ago, Broncos4Ever said:

Please explain how this is favorable compared to others?

Without looking at your schedule I wanna say Nevada opened with a Brutal first 4 games of conference play

@fresno

SDSU

@newmexico

@ wyo

30 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Without looking at your schedule I wanna say Nevada opened with a Brutal first 4 games of conference play

@fresno

SDSU

@newmexico

@ wyo

Did you conveniently forget that we opened with San Jose at home or are you just channeling your inner FalesBeforeCarr and wishing them out of the MWC?

20 hours ago, fbpack said:

@fresno

SDSU

@newmexico

@ wyo

No such thing as a brutal schedule in the MWC this year.  Just various degrees of easy.

27 minutes ago, SpartaRick said:

Nevada

Wyoming

UNM

BSU

SDSU

USU

SJSU

Fresno

UNLV

AFA

Colorado State (that is AFTER the three ineligible players are removed)

Did you know that CSU pretty much played the 7 eligible players the entire game vs AFA? Only 2 minutes from one of the soon to be ineligibles.  And did you know that the Magnificent Seven played the entire 2nd half and outscored Air Force 50-21 in the first 15+ minutes?

5 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Did you know that CSU pretty much played the 7 eligible players the entire game vs AFA? Only 2 minutes from one of the soon to be ineligibles.  And did you know that the Magnificent Seven played the entire 2nd half and outscored Air Force 50-21 in the first 15+ minutes?

A total combined 19 minutes between the three in the game before that against SJSU, the bulk of which went to Butler.  Total of four points between the three of them.  The difference in the game was 5 points.

It looks like Larry is using this "grace period" to wean the team off of relying on those three.  I think he should have gone cold turkey, but he didn't break any rules and seems to feel like he's doing what's best for all 10 of the players whether I agree with it or not.

This shortage will hurt us, but no way do we finish last.

i think a lot of people are discounting Colorado State in these rank-ems. They have two of the better OOC wins in Colorado and NMSU, and are very close to being the only 4-0 team in the conference. While it is deplorable what they are doing with their ineligibles, they are playing pretty good basketball and will have a solid 7 man rotation... which is as many as UNR plays 

24 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

i think a lot of people are discounting Colorado State in these rank-ems. They have two of the better OOC wins in Colorado and NMSU, and are very close to being the only 4-0 team in the conference. While it is deplorable what they are doing with their ineligibles, they are playing pretty good basketball and will have a solid 7 man rotation... which is as many as UNR plays 

Good take here.  Hard to say where CSU will finish but I dont think it'll be at the bottom.   Does it surprise you that it was a SJSU fan that had CSU at the bottom given their "rich" basketball history?  (Channeling my best FalesB4Car impression).

12 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Good take here.  Hard to say where CSU will finish but I dont think it'll be at the bottom.   Does it surprise you that it was a SJSU fan that had CSU at the bottom given their "rich" basketball history?  (Channeling my best FalesB4Car impression).

Just based on results, I think the Rams have the strongest argument for the 3rd spot. They have the best wins and are the best on the road outside of the top 2. 

On Monday, January 09, 2017 at 9:36 PM, fbpack said:

@fresno

SDSU

@newmexico

@ wyo

Lol. Not only did you leave SJSU off your first four games, but the conference record of UNRs first four games are 5-10. The conference record Boise's are 7-9. That's 4-7 and 7-5 if you take the games against Boise and UNR.

Looks like UNR is the one with the cake schedule 

9 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Fresno and CSU are the big question marks for me. Could beat anyone or lose to anyone.

I'm not really sure CSU has shown they could lose to anyone. They lost a couple they probably should have won, but they aren't horrible losses. Fresno has some horrible losses. The dogs will be tough at home, but they aren't consistent enough to win the conference. If the winner of the conference does end up with 4 or 5 losses, CSU might be able to do that. Depth is an issue, but that's an issue with UNR too

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

I'm not really sure CSU has shown they could lose to anyone. They lost a couple they probably should have won, but they aren't horrible losses. Fresno has some horrible losses. The dogs will be tough at home, but they aren't consistent enough to win the conference. If the winner of the conference does end up with 4 or 5 losses, CSU might be able to do that. Depth is an issue, but that's an issue with UNR too

True. They're the best team we've played so far  in conference.

2 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Didn't UNLV beat UNM in the Pit? Or did I imagine that?

1. Boyzee

2. Reno

3. CSU

4. USU

5. UNLV

6. Wyoming

7. UNM

8. AFA

9. Fresno

10. SDSU

11. SJSU

That was the 'old' UNM.