Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

creeper86

Fresno @ SJSU

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, SpartaRick said:

Of course.  That's it.  It was the refs.  Let's see, the fouls were even as were the turnovers as were the travels.  Yeah, it had to be the refs.

It's not the number of fouls, it's the type of fouls and when they were called. The last time I checked, it isn't a charge if the defender is still moving their feet trying to get in front of the defender. That's a blocking foul on the defender. Not all fouls are equal.

The travelling was just ridiculous on both sides though. They called a travel about every other possession for both teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mugtang   
9 minutes ago, retrofade said:

So damned embarrassing. Yet... we won the conference last year despite this. 

shm2.gif

You won the conference tournament, not the conference. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mugtang said:

You won the conference tournament, not the conference. 

Eh, semantics. We won what ultimately mattered in getting to the tournament. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, retrofade said:

It's not the number of fouls, it's the type of fouls and when they were called. The last time I checked, it isn't a charge if the defender is still moving their feet trying to get in front of the defender. That's a blocking foul on the defender. Not all fouls are equal.

The travelling was just ridiculous on both sides though. They called a travel about every other possession for both teams. 

I was at the game and felt, at that time, that the call could have gone either way.  Those types of plays often do.  However, because you and other Bulldogs raised concerns, I re-watched the last part of the game and could see that the defender's feet were clearly planted.  Not for very long but he WAS stationary.  The Bulldog was just out of control and crashed into him.  A very understandable call.  What is less understandable is the fact that your HC, who was whining all game, lost his composure at that critical time and received two technicals to get tossed from the game.  BTW, I hope you noticed that the Spartan bench also received a technical earlier in the game.  Overall, the officiating was balanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crixus   
3 hours ago, mugtang said:

You won the conference tournament, not the conference. 

I've seen a lot of funny gifs on this board, but that's the best one yet. Hilarious! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SpartaRick said:

I was at the game and felt, at that time, that the call could have gone either way.  Those types of plays often do.  However, because you and other Bulldogs raised concerns, I re-watched the last part of the game and could see that the defender's feet were clearly planted.  Not for very long but he WAS stationary.  The Bulldog was just out of control and crashed into him.  A very understandable call.  What is less understandable is the fact that your HC, who was whining all game, lost his composure at that critical time and received two technicals to get tossed from the game.  BTW, I hope you noticed that the Spartan bench also received a technical earlier in the game.  Overall, the officiating was balanced.

Feet still moving. He's moving from side to side, and he's pushed back off with his right foot to move further across as contact was made, and his right foot was in the air. Blocking foul.

MyJnAcQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, Fresno's #4 (Karachi Edo) is one hell of a player.  His ability to fake defenders and get inside for layups is phenomenal.  There is a great deal of emphasis on that one charging call that came late in the game.  However, had it gone the other way it assumes that the Fresno player would have made his free throws and that's not a sure bet.  Fresno's free throw shooting in that game was not outstanding.  The more important play, IMO, was the offensive rebound on the free throw line on a missed free throw by a Spartan.  That maintained SJSU control and was the nail in the coffin for Fresno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check out that retrofake dude, breaking down the slo mo replay getting all tin foil hat with it.

Like they just lost to Kentucky or some other good team. it's SJS. Losing to us in bb takes Want To! Which seems to be the only "Want To" left in CSUf. 

Follow the lead of your teams...

#JustGiveUp

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Feet still moving. He's moving from side to side, and he's pushed back off with his right foot to move further across as contact was made, and his right foot was in the air. Blocking foul.

MyJnAcQ.gif

 

Shades of the Zapruder film ("back, and to the left"). What I see is the Fresno player aggressively lowering his shoulder and laying into the defender, then pushing off with his arm so as to knock him out of the way. That is probably the reason the admittedly borderline call was made the way it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Morgan said:

 

Shades of the Zapruder film ("back, and to the left"). What I see is the Fresno player aggressively lowering his shoulder and laying into the defender, then pushing off with his arm so as to knock him out of the way. That is probably the reason the admittedly borderline call was made the way it was.

Look at the crowd. Lmao. Main reason why Fresno celebrates championships while SJSU celebrates a win here and there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, retrofade said:

It's not the number of fouls, it's the type of fouls and when they were called. The last time I checked, it isn't a charge if the defender is still moving their feet trying to get in front of the defender. That's a blocking foul on the defender. Not all fouls are equal.

The travelling was just ridiculous on both sides though. They called a travel about every other possession for both teams. 

You're absolutely wrong about this. There are different charge/block scenarios. If a defender is attempting to take a charge on a player who is picking up his dribble and attacking the basket, the defender's feet must be set before the offensive player leaves his feet. However, when the offensive player is dribbling, the defender has the right to move with him laterally and has the same "right" to any spot on the court. This is exactly what is happening in the gif you posted. It's an obviously a judgement call by the official and, IMO, he rightly ruled that the contact was initiated by the Fresno State player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Look at the crowd. Lmao. Main reason why Fresno celebrates championships while SJSU celebrates a win here and there. 

I love attendance smack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, retrofade said:

Feet still moving. He's moving from side to side, and he's pushed back off with his right foot to move further across as contact was made, and his right foot was in the air. Blocking foul.

MyJnAcQ.gif

I'm not saying this was a charge, but it is a misconception that you have to be completely stationary to take a charge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Look at the crowd. Lmao. Main reason why Fresno celebrates championships while SJSU celebrates a win here and there. 

Yea, looks like you traveled horribly...I remember when there actually was a red wave-no longer...#sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

SJSU vs Fresno

pillow-fight-colour-by-jakrabbit96-on-de

Or SJSU versus San Diego State this Tuesday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

I love attendance smack.

Confirmed.

snBl9E8.jpg

#SupposedRivalryGame

#RedBathtubFartRipple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cincy   
1 hour ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Look at the crowd. Lmao. Main reason why Fresno celebrates championships while SJSU celebrates a win here and there. 

59529645.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×