Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SharkTanked

UNLV hires search firm to find new AD

2 minutes ago, Ernie Baer said:

Absolutely.  His contract was not renewed at Arizona.  Apparently among other factors he and the President didn’t get along.  

For all the discussion of Tina and the botched coaching hire last spring lets not forget how Livengood had almost a year to hire Lute’s replacement and what a mess he led.  Numerous big name coaches spurned him, and I’ve always been told it was Arizona boosters, particularly a local car dealer, who intervened and saved things from falling apart with Sean Miller. 

Yeah, I edited my post because I wasn't for sure he was forced out at AZ.  I thought I had read he was but, again I wasn't sure of my recollection. 

54 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Special Project Consultants

Carrie Groth – Former Director of Athletics, Nevada
http://collegiatesportsassociates.com/our-associates/

f40d4edc-dc25-4d30-b3ab-3ec27f075559_tex

Pray rebels, pray hard.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

so jessup is using unlv to juice his good friend livengood, who already screwed up unlv. there oughtta be a law...

livengood AND carrie groth. this will not end well, and is so depressing. maybe we should replace jessup while we're at it.

and next thing you know, tina will be on staff with this firm when she gets done screwing over unlv in whatever new position she's taking.

46 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

so jessup is using unlv to juice his good friend livengood, who already screwed up unlv. there oughtta be a law...

livengood AND carrie groth. this will not end well, and is so depressing. maybe we should replace jessup while we're at it.

and next thing you know, tina will be on staff with this firm when she gets done screwing over unlv in whatever new position she's taking.

lol.   We can only pray that we get lucky and they make the right hire.  At least there is a committee in between that will look at the candidates and have input.  This is an important hire for us and I hope they don't screw it up.

Guest RoscoesDad
15 hours ago, Ernie Baer said:

Absolutely.  His contract was not renewed at Arizona.  Apparently among other factors he and the President didn’t get along.  

For all the discussion of Tina and the botched coaching hire last spring lets not forget how Livengood had almost a year to hire Lute’s replacement and what a mess he led.  Numerous big name coaches spurned him, and I’ve always been told it was Arizona boosters, particularly a local car dealer, who intervened and saved things from falling apart with Sean Miller. 

The fact that UNLV is once again involving this helmet head clucker into their affairs is downright batshit.  But hey, it's UNLV where they allowed the son of the former traitor AD who was responsible for pushing out Tark working at the T&M for years on end, it really doesn't surprise me at all.  89154 is a total and complete clownshow.  I literally cannot believe this school sometimes.  It's like they bend over backwards to try and do things the wrong way.

As for Livengood at AZ, it was far worse than just not getting along with the Pres.  He created a situation that wound up with a player revolt within the football program.  It was a total effing mess.  It all stemmed from his railroad hiring job (sound familiar?) of his guy Makovic that nobody at AZ wanted, over Franchione or Mike Price, who most people wanted (sound familiar?).  Makovic proceeded to be the goddamn disaster everyone except for Livengood knew he would be, created a toxic environment in which nobody liked him or wanted to play for him, ending up in a player revolt.  Livengood let the situation linger on and make things worse because he simply did not want to fire his boy (sound familiar?).  He was finally pushed out by the Pres because the boosters were losing their minds over that idiot.