Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

CSU - Put a fork in us.

I'm pretty incensed by this whole situation.  When Jack Graham hired LE, it is reported that he shortly thereafter contacted the lawyers for CSU to find a way out of the contract.  He saw this coming.  I'm not calling on JG to foot the buyout, but I would like to see him step up and contact all the wealthy CSU faithful that he had lined up for the stadium, in order to raise the money to give LE a comfortable retirement effective immediately.

This is the latest and worst in a series of failures by LE to respect the integrity of CSU.  No he didn't directly fail any classes, and of course that is on the players.  However, the academic support at CSU for student athletes is second to none...if it is used.  I do put it on the coach to make sure that his athletes are attending class and taking advantage of the tutoring available.  There is zero excuse for an athlete to fail an undergraduate class at CSU, there is simply too much support.

If this gets NCAA attention, then I doubt the administration will have much say in it.  Pretty sure there'll be plenty of folks helping him pack the van and get down the road whether he's still the HC or not.  LE is done in The Fort.  There's a lot of pissed off folks in Fort Collins right now.

5 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

He has no clue where they even play intramural games. And even if he did, he wouldnt spend the time doing anything like that. He'd scream at his staff to do it.

Word is that they are actively seeking some of Bobo's football players to come fill out the roster.

That may be the best idea. Some FBS players had to make a decision over FB and BB but could've played either one. Hopefully there's some good ones on the FB team. 

kat.jpg

I plan to be at the AFA game this Saturday, and a few more after that.  I'll be cheering hard for the CSU players.  I hope LE doesn't take that as support for himself. 

Never mind, he will.

3 hours ago, Headbutt said:

There is a serious payout involved.  Still, find the money.  

You must send your most finely perfumed courtesan here, to the Iron Bank of Bosler where we, those who control your destiny, will determine if the future of your children's children hold value to us?  

If we agree to loan you gold, so that you may vanquish the false prophet in your realm, you will immediately build Taco John's on every street corner of your cursed village. 

Valar Morghulis.

P.S.  don't send Scooter, he displeaseth me.

Go Pokes!

bronco2.gif

3 minutes ago, AfriPoke said:

You must send your most finely perfumed courtesan here, to the Iron Bank of Bosler where we, those who control your destiny, will determine if the future of your children's children hold value to us?  

If we agree to loan you gold, so that you may vanquish the false prophet in your realm, you will immediately build Taco John's on every street corner of your cursed village. 

Valar Morghulis.

You just finished a two week GoT Binge on HBO didn't you? Time well spent....otherwise you'd have to talk to your family wouldn't you?

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

He has no clue where they even play intramural games. And even if he did, he wouldnt spend the time doing anything like that. He'd scream at his staff to do it.

Word is that they are actively seeking some of Bobo's football players to come fill out the roster.

Wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Woj had to do this once two seasons ago when SJSU football players Andrew Vollert and Tyler Winston suited up for a game for the Spartan bball team. Desperate times...

22 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Woj had to do this once two seasons ago when SJSU football players Andrew Vollert and Tyler Winston suited up for a game for the Spartan bball team. Desperate times...

And how embarrassing was that?

No school in the MWC is in the business of paying a coach $1 million dollars to have to recruit BB players from the FB team.  I don't care if he wins the conference this year, I want him gone.  This is not what CSU is about.

There's a rumor that there may be some rules that can be used to keep one or more of the three eligible.  Special exceptions.  Cool, the best thing that could happen to the student athlete.  Good for them.  In the meantime, screw the shortcuts, it's time to part ways and hire a coach.

3 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I'm pretty incensed by this whole situation.  When Jack Graham hired LE, it is reported that he shortly thereafter contacted the lawyers for CSU to find a way out of the contract.  He saw this coming.  I'm not calling on JG to foot the buyout, but I would like to see him step up and contact all the wealthy CSU faithful that he had lined up for the stadium, in order to raise the money to give LE a comfortable retirement effective immediately.

This is the latest and worst in a series of failures by LE to respect the integrity of CSU.  No he didn't directly fail any classes, and of course that is on the players.  However, the academic support at CSU for student athletes is second to none...if it is used.  I do put it on the coach to make sure that his athletes are attending class and taking advantage of the tutoring available.  There is zero excuse for an athlete to fail an undergraduate class at CSU, there is simply too much support.

If this gets NCAA attention, then I doubt the administration will have much say in it.  Pretty sure there'll be plenty of folks helping him pack the van and get down the road whether he's still the HC or not.  LE is done in The Fort.  There's a lot of pissed off folks in Fort Collins right now.

It's interesting because the Larry Eustachy I knew from my youth was a very different man then the one that currently resides in Fort Collins. Back when I was a kid at BB camp in Moscow, he took a lot of extra time to show me how to use my feet and move better in the key. I mean he spent like 10-15 minutes going over some fundamentals with me individually at a camp that had over 2,500 kids. He was a nice guy who seemed passionate about the game and wanted to teach kids properly. Perhaps time and the stress of the job has turned him into what he is today - his battles with alcohol are well known. As you've mentioned, it's probably time to remove him from the job.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Let's talk about how stupid these guys must be. 

I guarantee the university must've had some knowledge of academic struggles prior to admission and therefore these guys were garbage communications majors or something. 

They also have twice the available academic support as a student athlete and no full time job like a lot of students.... Just wow. Special kind of pathetic. You need a 1.9 gpa for Christ sake... 

Eustachy needs to go if he cares that little and recruits kids like that. 

Another disturbing part is that they obviously knew about this a while ago and played them anyway. My guess is that they aren't technically ineligible until the semester starts or some other event or they may need to vacate, at least, the UNLV win. If people on this board knew, that means people at the school, coaches, and players knew. This is why LE has lost complete control of this team. There is no leadership or accountability. 

And to be honest (I said this a long time ago),  that's his MO, they knew that when they hired him, and they hired him anyway. This is completely on CSU

LE makes it sound like he was blindsided.

"We will continue to support these young men in their academic careers," Eustachy said in a statement. "Our top priority is to educate, and we will continue to emphasize this in all that we do. It is a hard lesson, but we will continue to support these young men and provide access to the resources needed to excel in the classroom and graduate. This is disappointing for our entire program, especially the players still competing on the court. All of us will remain focused on our 'Team Together' philosophy that is key to our success. We look forward all three getting on track in their academic pursuits towards graduation and joining us on the court next season."

http://www.reporterherald.com/news/ci_30701957/three-csu-basketball-players-ruled-academically-ineligible

taking a chance on a guy with academic issues is nothing new in college bb, but taking several guys and then putting your whole team at risk is foolish.  
Eustachy has been there long enough to get decent recruits that he should not have to rely so much on transfers all the time. 

10 minutes ago, pokerider said:

taking a chance on a guy with academic issues is nothing new in college bb, but taking several guys and then putting your whole team at risk is foolish.  
Eustachy has been there long enough to get decent recruits that he should not have to rely so much on transfers all the time. 

Former UNLV coach Lon Kruger in his last season with us had 7 transfers and 2 JC kids playing.  At least we didn't have the academic issues.  

7 hours ago, AfriPoke said:

Valar Morghulis.

7 hours ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

You just finished a two week GoT Binge on HBO didn't you? Time well spent....otherwise you'd have to talk to your family wouldn't you?

Sorry AfriPoke that came out sounding way more dickish than I intended....I appreciated the Thrones reference.

11 minutes ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

Sorry AfriPoke that came out sounding way more dickish than I intended....I appreciated the Thrones reference.

No worries, didn't take it that way at all.  

Go Pokes!

bronco2.gif

44 minutes ago, pokerider said:

I believe there are something like 6 transfers coming in next year, aren't there?  A few might already be there, sitting their year, but I think there are a few JC commitments too.  Perhaps CSU fans can help?

The World Needs More Cowboys!