Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fanhood

South Alabama.......again

3 minutes ago, VandalBasher said:

Vandals agree this team is talented.

Even MW fans are not immune to arrogance. Just like SEC fans, we see a name on a jersey and assume they suck. Every player in their team was a great High School football player just like everywhere else

USA is a nice little upstart program...

they're in a good market as the Mobile metro area has almost 415,000 people.

Ladd-Peebles Stadium is a leased stadium, that's the right size. (just under 40,000)

L2.jpg

moreover, they're in a fertile recruiting area and haven't had to compete with UAB for recruits lately.

they also have a nice basketball arena.

612_Mitchell_Center_Interior.jpg

6e79763f-39eb-4980-856b-8fc9d9485970.jpg

mem skyline sig.jpeg

5 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Ladd-Peebles Stadium is a leased stadium, that's the right size. (just under 40,000)

L2.jpg

moreover, they're in a fertile recruiting area and haven't had to compete with UAB for recruits lately.

Yup. Your pals on the AAC board said "we don't lose to teams like South Alabama" earlier in the season. Then proceeded to lose to teams "like them."

Point is, conference affiliation, program prestige, and budgets don't matter once the ball is snapped.

USA also has a nice little hoops program that has 8 NCAA tourneys, and 4 NITs...to me USA has a lot more upside than UMass...and they seem to just love em some UMass over on that board.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

USA also has a nice little hoops program that has 8 NCAA tourneys, and 4 NITs...to me USA has a lot more upside than UMass...and they seem to just love em some UMass over on that board.

That's because there are a bunch of Yankees over there. Carpet Baggers that went south to UCF/USF, Philly Yanks, and CT Liberals.

24 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

L2.jpg

Does USA suffer the same board of regents BS as UAB?

3 minutes ago, TGIFaanes said:

Does USA suffer the same board of regents BS as UAB?

nope...that's why they have their own medical school, and had zero resistance to starting football.

edit: damn, this game was 21-6....then I look again and it's 21-21...I cursed USA with my AAC JuJu

mem skyline sig.jpeg

47 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Joey Jones is a very good coach. His team is always well prepared. He simply doesn't have anything close to a deep roster.

When he has time to prepare for a team he covers everything down to a gnat's ass.  He had a bye week to prepare for us and of course, extended time for this bowl.  Evidently when it's week to week it's a different story.  Maybe he's a slow learner. LOL     

10 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

This is what happens when you start creating a narrative in the first quarter of a game. WHEN WILL THE MWC BOARD LEARN?!?!?!

We learned when we waited for you to pull it out against Idaho.

The Fly Boys are manhandling SA.  They look strong.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg