Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fanhood

Mountain Division vs West Division (Bowl Games)

Guest Dr. Dre

I know you're trying to help the West save face, and SDSU has done more than their fair share the last two years, but the Mountain will have three more bowl games than the west this year and 5 more over the two year span. We need the west to step up- looking directly at Frestucky

Guest Dr. Dre
1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Considering we fired our coach mid season, let go every assistant at year end and cut loose all the previous regimes recruits: hard to say we aren't trying to go in a different direction.

should never come to that. Fresno needs to be top 4 every year.

1 hour ago, Dr. Dre said:

I know you're trying to help the West save face, and SDSU has done more than their fair share the last two years, but the Mountain will have three more bowl games than the west this year and 5 more over the two year span. We need the west to step up- looking directly at Frestucky

Not trying to "save face." Just pointing out statistics. I found the assertions that SDSU would somehow be 7-5 the last two seasons had they played in the Mountain to be amusing. No metric (SDSU's record against the Mtn Division, or the Mtn's Division record) asserts that assumption.

12 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Not trying to "save face." Just pointing out statistics. I found the assertions that SDSU would somehow be 7-5 the last two seasons had they played in the Mountain to be amusing. No metric (SDSU's record against the Mtn Division, or the Mtn's Division record) asserts that assumption.

Losses to Wyoming and CSU assert that very assumption this year.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

12 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Losses to Wyoming and CSU assert that very assumption this year.

Sure, but one of those losses was on a 2 point conversion. We then dominated the next game. The other was inexcusable.

23-5 vs the MTN since 2009. 4-0 in 2015. 2-2 in 2016. 

Would we have lost to Air Force? Doubtful considering we are 6-0 against them since 2009.

Would we have lost to New Mexico? Doubtful considering we are 4-0 against them since 2009.

Would we have lost to Boise State? Not sure really. Considering their QB cannot stop throwing INT's I don't think so.

4 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Sure, but one of those losses was on a 2 point conversion. We then dominated the next game. The other was inexcusable.

23-5 vs the MTN since 2009. 4-0 in 2015. 2-2 in 2016. 

Would we have lost to Air Force? Doubtful considering we are 6-0 against them since 2009.

Would we have lost to New Mexico? Doubtful considering we are 4-0 against them since 2009.

Would we have lost to Boise State? Not sure really. Considering their QB cannot stop throwing INT's I don't think so.

Look, you already have two losses in the mtn.  The circumstances don't really matter.  I'm fine saying you wouldn't lose to UNM and AFA, but losing to Boise is certainly a possibility.  The team that won that division had two losses.  I have no idea how the tiebreakers would work, but you're already in a 1-2 hole without even seeing half of the teams there.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Look, you already have two losses in the mtn.  The circumstances don't really matter.  I'm fine saying you wouldn't lose to UNM and AFA, but losing to Boise is certainly a possibility.  The team that won that division had two losses.  I have no idea how the tiebreakers would work, but you're already in a 1-2 hole without even seeing half of the teams there.

You're crazy if you think that CSU game would have played out the same if the division was on the line.

Just now, IanforHeisman said:

Oh Jesus Christ.. When was the last time a West team beat a bowl eligible P5 team. Aztecs  have never done so in the BCS/P5 era. I'm guessing it was either Fresno or Nevada as a WAC member.

It is sad that beating a "P5" team had become a benchmark for success. It was only 25 years ago that the WAC was considered a really good conference and we were highlighted in ABC and ESPN all the time. We can all thank the BCS for that.

4 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

You guys have a game or two like that every year.  It's like when BYU would go 11-2 and lose to Tulsa and a bad UCLA team

Paleesse you guys haven't gone a season undefeated since you got your "Natty"...

35 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Oh Jesus Christ.. When was the last time a West team beat a bowl eligible P5 team. Aztecs  have never done so in the BCS/P5 era. I'm guessing it was either Fresno or Nevada as a WAC member.

62f77c04f9c44cffd2106831f8495b83.jpg

1 hour ago, BSC said:

The main point is the MTN has been shit in its bowls this year.  Except NM.  

BOOM! We Out!

Image result for drop the mic gif

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Paleesse you guys haven't gone a season undefeated since you got your "Natty"...

Who said we did?  I'm comparing your year to one of BYU's where we did well and won the league, but ultimately it didn't matter because we lost to teams we shouldn't have.