BleedRebelRed

2017 MWC Basketball Tournament - will show that MWC no longer needs a large arena.

Guest #1Stunner
19 hours ago, toonkee said:

BYU used to bring 6,000 to 7,000 fans to the MWC tourney every year.  Utah brought thousands as well.  Even in down years....

The new WAC additions don't appear to bring any fans.  I'm surprised that USU fans don't show up.   Boise fans don't support basketball   Fresno and SJSU never bring any fans.

1 hour ago, LoboSage said:

Anybody know if the time for that #6 / #11 play-in has been determined.

Sure hope it's a late game.

6-11 is at 4 I think. 7-10 is at 1:30, 8-9 is at 11, I checked a couple of weeks ago to arrange my schedule, and remember thinking last place is at 4 on Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, lobo81 said:

Not saying this affected "thousands" of Lobo fans, but the previous two years the Lobos have lost the play-in game. I know many fans who donot fly in/drive til Thursday evening. I'm sure some make the trip and do not make the games. Others, look to leave Thursday night to watch the Lobos in the semis but donot come since the Lobos dont win Wednesday  

No doubt Lobo fans will not come close to previous numbers as they are not even filling the Pit. That chanpionship a few years ago with UNLV and UNM in a sold out Mack was a classic. Followed by UNM/SDSU the year before. Note, the Lobos won both. Now we can't make it past Wednesday...sad times in Loboland. 

That UNM/UNLV game was pretty fun, I was surrounded by Lobo Fans on the upper deck.

• Like 1

8k3esKz.png

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, ProvoAggie said:

Utah State brought that many to the WAC tournaments in Vegas when they dominated the conference but it's hard for fans to spend a lot of money to support the team when you are at best an 8 seed and predicted to lose in the 1st round. If USU ever get's to top 3 in the league then numbers will be back up.

That makes sense.  It's surprising how expensive hotels are for this years MWC Tournament.   Too many things going on in Vegas that week, every year.

If it was cheaper, I'd guess more USU fans would show up.  

Also, when I say that BYU brought 6,000ish fans to the MWC, I'm guessing a large number were actually Las Vegas local Mormons, who saw it as an opportunity to watch BYU play locally.

14 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

That makes sense.  It's surprising how expensive hotels are for this years MWC Tournament.   Too many things going on in Vegas that week, every year.

If it was cheaper, I'd guess more USU fans would show up.  

Also, when I say that BYU brought 6,000ish fans to the MWC, I'm guessing a large number were actually Las Vegas local Mormons, who saw it as an opportunity to watch BYU play locally.

BYU helps a ton but we've had some good years without you guys too.  If Lobos, Rebels and Aztecs are strong, we can still fill it up.