Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k5james

George Michael died

Oddly enough, I was just wondering yesterday what he has been doing as Last Christmas was playing. What a shame he didn't put out more music...he never seemed to recover after his partner died, but he sure was talented. 

I expected this post was referencing the Sports Machine George Michael and not the George Michael who's cd was confiscated from my older sister by my parents over that I want your sex song.  I was in junior high then and that's about the only thing I know about George Michael the singer.

15 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I expected this post was referencing the Sports Machine George Michael and not the George Michael who's cd was confiscated from my older sister by my parents over that I want your sex song.  I was in junior high then and that's about the only thing I know about George Michael the singer.

I thought the same thing nevertheless I hope the singer George Michael is in a better place and is reunited with his loved ones. RIP

Cant lie. I like his music. I grew up listening to him a lot. My mom loved him. 

RIP.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

15 hours ago, bitteraztec said:

Oddly "Last Christmas" is my Oktoberfest  (Munich) theme song as I stopped to listen to it as it was playing at an Olympic themed ride as I stumbled by at the end of the night.  This happened on both of my Oktoberfest trips that were six years apart.

I understand none of that. 

As a man, I'm not ashamed to say I really liked George Micheal music.   Careless Whisper was my go to karaoke song.....more so as a way to be funny.  But he was a very good singer.   RIP.

16 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I understand none of that. 

Sorry

I've been to Oktoberfest twice ('96 and '02).  On each visit the night ended with me stumbling out of a beer tent and walking past a section of amusement rides.  In both years the same amusement ride (which had an Olympic theme) was blaring "Last Christmas" as I walked by.  I found it odd and now "Last Christmas" headlines my Oktoberfest playlist.