Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Las Vegas Reb

American Athletic Conference Bowl Performance or Lack There Of

Bahahahahahahahhaha. 

Their conference darling Houston beat by Aztecs. Navy just beat by LaTech. UCF bested by Arky State. And West Kentucky destroyed Memphis. 

When is Aresco formally submitting paperwork to become the 6th power conference?

1 hour ago, Las Vegas Reb said:

Bahahahahahahahhaha. 

Their conference darling Houston beat by Aztecs. Navy just beat by LaTech. UCF bested by Arky State. And West Kentucky destroyed Memphis. 

When is Aresco formally submitting paperwork to become the 6th power conference?

and during a basketball game today, they were saying that the american is most likely a one bid league, as well.

14 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

and during a basketball game today, they were saying that the american is most likely a one bid league, as well.

if I had to guess: 2 NCAA, 2 NIT...I want WSU olympic sports.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

6 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

if I had to guess: 2 NCAA, 2 NIT...I want WSU olympic sports.

The Shockers are considering bringing back football. Here's the story from earlier this year. 

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/College-Football/2016/02/03/Wichita-State-president-shocks-fans-with-Shockers-football-helmet/4891454549346/

Image result for wichita state president holding football helmet

the MVC Football Conference is a football only FCS conference that's totally separate from the MVC (that sponsors all other sports...it's an odd setup)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Valley_Football_Conference

The Missouri Valley Football Conference (MVFC) (formerly the Gateway Football Conference) is a collegiate athletic conference which operates in the Midwestern United States. It participates in the NCAA's Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) as a football-only conference.

my thought process is they could try to play FCS there, and park all their olympic sports in the AAC (or MWC).

mem skyline sig.jpeg

14 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

the MVC Football Conference is a football only FCS conference that's totally separate from the MVC (that sponsors all other sports...it's an odd setup)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Valley_Football_Conference

my thought process is they could try to play FCS there, and park all their olympic sports in the AAC (or MWC).

I don't think you're allowed to start or bring back a program (like Wichita State might be doing) at the FBS level, so they'd have to go FCS if they do bring back football. I hope so, I've been to Wichita and it's pretty cool city for being out in the middle of nowhere. It was once part of the Wild West and there's still that feel to it in the older part of the city. 

4 minutes ago, crixus said:

I don't think you're allowed to start or bring back a program (like Wichita State might be doing) at the FBS level, so they'd have to go FCS if they do bring back football. I hope so, I've been to Wichita and it's pretty cool city for being out in the middle of nowhere. It was once part of the Wild West and there's still that feel to it in the older part of the city. 

This was discussed in another thread, but supposedly the AAC is interested in Wichita State joining and not adding football.

http://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/sources-wichita-state-emerges-potential-basketball-addition-aac/

7 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

This was discussed in another thread, but supposedly the AAC is interested in Wichita State joining and not adding football.

http://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/sources-wichita-state-emerges-potential-basketball-addition-aac/

Yes I know, that's why we discussed them playing football at the FCS level if they do bring it back. :)

13 minutes ago, crixus said:

Yes I know, that's why we discussed them playing football at the FCS level if they do bring it back. :)

Absolutely.  They'd probably start out as FCS independents like Charlotte and UTSA did before transitioning up. I think they would be eligible for the playoffs in their brief FCS period :shrug:.  

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

Absolutely.  They'd probably start out as FCS independents like Charlotte and UTSA did before transitioning up. I think they would be eligible for the playoffs in their brief FCS period :shrug:.  

I hope so. Wichita is a pretty big city and should have college football at the FCS level, at least. They have a couple of teams now, but they're smaller programs (Newman Jets D2 and Friends Falcons NAIA). I was only there for a week, but I really liked it. There's lots of friendly folks in modern Wichita.

Downtown Wichita  Image result for wichitawichita-movie-poster-2010-1020675351.jpg  Image result for sheriff of wichita movie poster

53 minutes ago, crixus said:

I hope so. Wichita is a pretty big city and should have college football at the FCS level, at least. They have a couple of teams now, but they're smaller programs (Newman Jets D2 and Friends Falcons NAIA). I was only there for a week, but I really liked it. There's lots of friendly folks in modern Wichita.

Downtown Wichita  Image result for wichitawichita-movie-poster-2010-1020675351.jpg  Image result for sheriff of wichita movie poster

I'm temporarily living out near there for a little while to make some good coin, and it's an interesting place that I never used to pay attention to other than the BTK killer and some bad tornadoes hitting the city. 

kat.jpg