Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Would Idaho beat Boise? And other questions

Vandals  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would Idaho beat Boise?

• Yes
    • No - Idaho only beats Big 12 bound teams
  2. 2. Should Idaho stay in the FBS?

• Yes they belong in the FBS
    • No they belong in the Big Sky
  3. 3. If Idaho states in the FBS should Boise play them every year?

• Yes it's a great rivalry and Bob Kustra was wrong with his comments about Idaho
    • No Boise State is superior and shouldn't be forced to play lowly Idaho.

OK,  Idaho would have beat Boise State in a bowl game this year.  Soundly.  I'd say by 3 scores.  

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

6 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

OK,  Idaho would have beat Boise State in a bowl game this year.  Soundly.  I'd say by 3 scores.  

I don't think so.  I am not a vandal hater and believe the rivalry should have not ended but I think there is a talent disparity.   Hope the vandals can figure out a fbs solution.  Great win for the vandals 

Posted Image

Yeah.  They play hard,  we play soft.  Something is wrong with this team.  When was the last complete game we played? 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

14 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

Yeah.  They play hard,  we play soft.  Something is wrong with this team.  When was the last complete game we played? 

Louisiana Lafayette?

Posted Image

oops

Yes! 

Yes!

Yes!

5 hours ago, Jwherb said:

Nail on the head. Idaho was a much tougher football team than Boise State this year. Toughness and grit can overcome a talent disparity. That and Idaho has some decent talent on their roster. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Nail on the head. Idaho was a much tougher football team than Boise State this year. Toughness and grit can overcome a talent disparity. That and Idaho has some decent talent on their roster. 

I still think Boise would beat them as long as they remembered to sharpen their skates pre-game.

There is a lot of emotion right now due to the loss to Baylor.

As for Idaho beating the buncos, we are about five years away from that happening.  The timeline will expand again without a conference and when we lose Petrino.  All this instability has finally ruined our opprtunity.  We also can accept how our AD and administration had a role in this ruin.  It's a shame after showing signs of life.  

As for Boise, they have the resources to rebuild back to Fiesta Bowl status.

As far as this poll goes, Idaho will have much more success at the FCS level, and may play for a FCS championship. If they stay in FBS the Idaho/BSU rivalry should be played every year no matter the final score.I think Idaho would have beaten Boise St last night, I saw a BSU team that for some reason did not look ready to play and Baylor did. I didn't see that coming.I took BSU on my parlay card and gave points. The sports books were probably as surprised as me last night.

1 minute ago, VandalPride97 said:

This would have been a magnificent game this year.  Damn you Kustra!

Much like BYU-Utah in the Vegas Bowl last year, they could have created an Idaho-Boise match-up in the Spud Bowl.  But hell, even BSU wants out of Boise this time of year.

2 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

This would have been a magnificent game this year.  Damn you Kustra!

Rivalries are good every year.   It's always fulfilling to throttle idaho after living through the streek.   And wtrash owes me a beer.   

Posted Image

14 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Much like BYU-Utah in the Vegas Bowl last year, they could have created an Idaho-Boise match-up in the Spud Bowl.  But hell, even BSU wants out of Boise this time of year.

Wow!  A bowl game on the Blue with Idaho and BJC would have had 35,000 at the game.  

14 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

And the drunken fighting would have been great entertainment!

Vandals would step in an break up a bum fight of two bronco fans wearing blorange. It is only right to keep the inbreds from hurting themselves or insulting the linear family tree. Now, back to your Cousin Eddie RV. 

31 minutes ago, VandalBasher said:

Vandals would step in an break up a bum fight of two bronco fans wearing blorange. It is only right to keep the inbreds from hurting themselves or insulting the linear family tree. Now, back to your Cousin Eddie RV. 

In the good old days, the first CSU-WYO game I ever went to in Hughes Stadium featured a great brawl at halftime between drunken students.  The ultimate rivalry hatred.  It was quite entertaining.