Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

CSU ticket sales for Potato Bowl

Can you blame them?  It effin' sucks here right now.  I'd rather be in Phoenix, which is quite literally the worst place in the US, over Boise at this particular moment. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

1 hour ago, Jwherb said:

Can you blame them?  It effin' sucks here right now.  I'd rather be in Phoenix, which is quite literally the worst place in the US, over Boise at this particular moment. 

If it's anything like here, it's below thirty with snow and wind. 

They should get rid of that bowl game.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, Jwherb said:

Hell yeah.  Who do you want to blame for the pathetic lack of support for their team.  I get Boise's a shitty place for a bowl game.  I get their opponent is the Vandals.  Both would decrease desire and attendance in any fanbase.  But should it decrease it to a number below 500 fans and supporters of a conference member, a team that desires to some day get a P5 invitation?  It reflects poorly on CSU in this Poke fan's opinion :)

The World Needs More Cowboys!

9 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

If it's anything like here, it's below thirty with snow and wind. 

They should get rid of that bowl game.

Agreed, and replace with a bowl under conference control...time for the MW to make it's own fortunes.

Anyone notice the massive crowd of CSU fans that packed a few sections of the Pepsi Center in Denver when CSU played KSU in BB a few days back ?!?!

Didn't look very good on TV and that's right in Denver with all those CSU fans :shrug:

Look at all the green clad CSU fans in this photo !!

Image result for csu vs kansas state basketball Denver

I've gone to many CSU bowl games and this one I had zero interest in attending.  

It's a stupid bowl game in a stupid location for this time of year.  Flights are a RIPOFF and driving there is a crap-shoot with the weather.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

49 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Another photo showing at least, 3 CSU fans in attendance !! See the one in bright green on the aisle seat to the lower left!! 

Image result for csu vs kansas state basketball Denver

There were more CSU fans there than you are leading on.  

What these photos show is that there are a crapload of KSU alums in Denver as well.  In the SE corner there were easily a couple thousand.  SHOCKING I say!!  There are no Big 12 alums in Denver!! says this ENTIRE BOARD.

3 minutes ago, Scooter said:

It's a stupid bowl game in a stupid location for this time of year.  Flights are a RIPOFF and driving there is a crap-shoot with the weather.

So you're saying that only having 0.54% of student season ticket holders going to your bowl game isn't a disappointment?

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Hell yeah.  Who do you want to blame for the pathetic lack of support for their team.  I get Boise's a shitty place for a bowl game.  I get their opponent is the Vandals.  Both would decrease desire and attendance in any fanbase.  But should it decrease it to a number below 500 fans and supporters of a conference member, a team that desires to some day get a P5 invitation?  It reflects poorly on CSU in this Poke fan's opinion :)

Says the fan of a team that can't sell out their garbage FB stadium.

5 minutes ago, Scooter said:

All true..........Boise the week before xmas isn't enticing .............small airport with few flights makes travel tougher.............and weather could make getting in or out via road or the two airlines an adventure