Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

CACTUS BOWL: BOISE STATE VS. BAYLOR

Tuesday, December 27
Chase Field (48,519) • Phoenix, Arizona
8:15 p.m. MT • ESPN/WatchESPN
Rece Davis (PBP), Joey Galloway, David Pollack (analyst), Molly McGrath (sideline)

THE SERIES
First Meeting

BOISE STATE HEAD COACH BRYAN HARSIN
31-8 (3rd year) at Boise State 

Boise State will make its 15th-straight bowl appearance, which is tied for the sixth longest streak active in the country. Additionally, it will be the program’s fourth postseason trip to Arizona, where the Broncos are 3-0, winning the Fiesta Bowl in 2007, ‘10 and ‘14.

• Boise State, which has appeared in 16 bowl games, has a postseason record of 11-5. Baylor, entering its school-record seventh consecutive bowl game, has an 11-11 bowl record.

• The Broncos have won back-to-back bowl games and six of their last seven. The lone loss came in the 2013 Hawaii Bowl vs. Oregon State (38-23).

• The last time Boise State played a Big 12 opponent (at the time of the contest) in a bowl game was in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl vs. Oklahoma. That game is famous for the Broncos 50-yard hook and ladder play, followed by the Statue of Liberty two-point conversion to win the game.

• Bronco RB Jeremy McNichols has scored a touchdown in 24-straight games, the longest streak in the FBS over the last 10 years, and the fourth-longest stretch in MW history. He currently leads the country in scoring with 162 points, points per game at 13.5 and touchdowns with 27. McNichols also ranks fifth in the nation in rushing yards with 1,663 and has recorded nine 100-yard rushing games this season.

• McNichols’ nine 100-yard rushing games this season are tied for the second most in a single season in MW history. The record is 10 held by Jay Ajayi of Boise State (2014), Donnel Pumphrey (2014 and ‘16) and Stefphon Jefferson of Nevada (2012).

• Boise State is currently 10-2 on the year, marking its 14th 10-win season since joining Division I-A (now FBS) in 1996.

• Having already defeated Washington State (31-28) and Oregon State (38-24) earlier this season, the Broncos have a chance to defeat three Power-5 teams in a single season for the first time since joining the FBS ranks in 1996.

• The Broncos have won seven straight non-conference games dating back to a 35-24 loss at BYU on Sept. 12, 2015. • Boise State WR Thomas Sperbeck and RB Jeremy McNichols are the first repeat duo from the same team in MW history to record consecutive 1,000-yard receiving and 1,000-yard rushing seasons, respectively.

• Sperbeck currently ranks third in career 100-yard receiving games in MW annals with 14. Second place is held by Austin Collie of BYU (2004, 07-08) with 17.

• Baylor enters the Cactus Bowl on a six-game losing streak, the longest such streak of any FBS team entering the bowl season.

• The Bears have the fifth-ranked offense nationally, averaging 523.3 yards per game. Baylor is passing for 273.1 yards and rushing for 250.3 per game.

39 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Would be nice to get 3 P5 scalps in a season.. Very rare for G5 members.

4 P5 scalps.

1. Washington State

2. Oregon State

3. Colorado State

4. Baylor 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

Ahhh, the good old BSU-Baylor hookup.  Back together again.  A union of peace, love and Ukwuachu.  Go pound them, Broncos.  Baylor is the most hypocritical school in the land and they deserve to be punished.

I imagine Baylor is one of maybe two or three schools that would have you actually rooting for Boise State.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I imagine Baylor is one of maybe two or three schools that would have you actually rooting for Boise State.

The thing is, BSU has some pretty hardcore opposition:

- Literacy

- Grammar

- Baylor

- Arithmetic

- University of for make Glorious State of Russian Empire

- The kicking game

I'd have your back if BSU tackled any of these opponents.  See, I'm a pretty fair guy.

1 minute ago, VandalPride97 said:

The thing is, BSU has some pretty lofty foes:

- Literacy

- Grammar

- Baylor

- Arithmatic

I'd have your back if BSU tackled any of these opponents.  See, I'm a pretty fair guy.

Yea but Idaho runs feral cat concentration camps in secret.  There are only a few reasons to keep such a program so hush hush, the most likely is the U. of Idaho is ran by recovering serial killers who need to see the light leaving a living creatures eyes.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yea but Idaho runs feral cat concentration camps in secret.  There are only a few reasons to keep such a program so hush hush, the most likely is the U. of Idaho is ran by recovering serial killers who need to see the light leaving a living creatures eyes.

We're not keeping shit hush-hush.  Our surrender monkey president gasses feral cats because it makes his micropenis hard.  I wish a non-recovering serial killer would find his ass on a dark night.  Seriously, I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if they found that fuk in a Silence of the Lambs type situation.

9 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Would be nice to get 3 P5 scalps in a season.. Very rare for G5 members.

No problem for the "flagship" of the conference!

battleship

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 12/14/2016 at 7:33 PM, VandalPride97 said:

We're not keeping shit hush-hush.  Our surrender monkey president gasses feral cats because it makes his micropenis hard.  I wish a non-recovering serial killer would find his ass on a dark night.  Seriously, I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if they found that fuk in a Silence of the Lambs type situation.

Do serial killers recover?

New-Signature.jpg

23 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

The thing is, BSU has some pretty hardcore opposition:

- Literacy

- Grammar

- Baylor

- Arithmetic

- The kicking game

Oh and this.

CzwXIiIVQAAXrd9.jpg

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

Reads like a late night MWC board post.  :D

Wow.  From a Vandal!  I can't believe it!  I don't know why he would uncork that particular bottle though...

A direct quote of your beloved Marty Tadman "You hear which majors, and which classes, are the easiest and you take them," Tadman says. "You're going to school so you can stay in sports. You're not going for a degree. … It's a joke."

Former Boise State safety Marty Tadman took the easiest classes when he was in school. "You're going to school so you can stay in sports," Tadman said. "You're not going for a degree. ... It's a joke."

Then there's the most common major...

Image result for BSu cummunications

Want to continue the conversation?

2 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Wow.  From a Vandal!  I can't believe it!  I don't know why you would uncork that particular bottle though...

A direct quote of your beloved Marty Tadman "You hear which majors, and which classes, are the easiest and you take them," Tadman says. "You're going to school so you can stay in sports. You're not going for a degree. … It's a joke."

Former Boise State safety Marty Tadman took the easiest classes when he was in school. "You're going to school so you can stay in sports," Tadman said. "You're not going for a degree. ... It's a joke."

Then there's the most common major...

Image result for BSu cummunications

Want to continue the conversation?

Well, I'm a RAM, so you know...it's a little different for us.  :rolleyes:

Weir a bunch smarter than that.