Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

HAWAII BOWL: HAWAII VS. MIDDLE TENNESSEE

Saturday, December 24
Aloha Stadium (50,000) • Honolulu, Hawaii
3 p.m. HT • ESPN/WatchESPN
Christ Cotter (PBP), Mark May (analyst), Maria Taylor (sideline)

THE SERIES
Hawaii leads 1-0
Last meeting: Sept. 4, 1993, UH won 35-14 in Honolulu, Hawaii

HAWAII HEAD COACH NICK ROLOVICH
6-7 (1st year) at Hawaii

Hawaii is bowl eligible for the first time as members of the Mountain West. This will also be the Rainbow Warriors first postseason appearance since 2010. UH has dropped three straight bowl games and hasn’t been victorious since Dec. 24, 2006 vs. Arizona State in the Hawaii Bowl (41-24). Overall, UH is 5-5 in bowl games.

• Hawaii is making its seventh appearance in the Hawaii Bowl, compiling a 3-3 record.

• The Rainbow Warriors have turned the ball over at least once in every game this season, and in 22 straight dating back to Sept. 26, 2015 at Wisconsin.

• The four wins in league play this season are the most for UH since joining the Mountain West in 2012, and its highest overall win total since 2011 (6).

• The Rainbow Warriors three road victories in 2016 are the most in a single season since the 2010 team won four away games.

• Hawaii's RB Steven Lakalaka has scored a team-high 12 touchdowns in 2016. He has scored a TD in nine of 13 games this season and has had multiple TDs on three occasions.

• UH WR Marcus Kemp is the first Rainbow Warrior pass-catcher to eclipse the 1,000-yard mark since Royce Pollard in 2011 (1,011). Kemp has 1,036 receiving yards in 2016, the most in a single-season by a UH player since 2010 (Greg Salas - 1,889).

Hawaii has scored 28 or more points in eight of its 13 games in 2016. This is the most in a single-season since 2011, when the Rainbow Warriors scored 28-plus points in eight games.

• The Rainbow Warriors have blocked four kicks this season (2 FGs, 1 PAT, 1 punt), which ranks 10th nationally and leads the Mountain West. UH blocked a kick in back-to-back games to conclude the regular season.

• UH linebacker Jahlani Tavai leads the Mountain West and is tied for 17th nationally with 17.5 tackles for loss this season. Tavai, a sophomore, is one of three underclassmen to rank within the FBS top 20. He also ranks seventh nationally, averaging 6.2 solo stops per game.

• Middle Tennessee enters the contest with the eighth-best offense nationally, averaging 515.7 yards of total offense, 317 yards through the air and 40.1 points per game.

• The Blue Raiders have dropped three straight bowl games dating back to 2011. Their last postseason victory came in the 2009 New Orleans Bowl, defeating Southern MIss, 42-32. Overall, MTSU has a 3-6 bowl record.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 4:45 PM, kalua pig said:

all middle tennessee players get free moped rentals while in hawaii courtesy of kalua pig.pm me your name and social security number and i will have you rolling within minutes.aloha and mahalo.

If I come can I ride your Harley?

He has a 130 pound chicken name Harley.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

5 minutes ago, Htownfan said:

Proves Pigs can't fly.

It just proves that it's a lot easier to catch a 130 pound chicken than a normal one.  They don't fly either.

25 minutes ago, Htownfan said:

Hawaiians will embrace Tennessee Culture

Deliverance scared me for life

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

8 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Deliverance scared me for life

I spent a week in Tennessee 2 years ago.  In a cabin outside of Gatlinburg.  Prettiest country I've ever seen.  Had a chance to sip some moonshine and listen to authentic bluegrass.  It was pretty freaking cool.

As for Deliverance.  If that really bothers you, you might want to track down Kalua Pig and vote him off the island.

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

I spent a week in Tennessee 2 years ago.  In a cabin outside of Gatlinburg.  Prettiest country I've ever seen.  Had a chance to sip some moonshine and listen to authentic bluegrass.  It was pretty freaking cool.

As for Deliverance.  If that really bothers you, you might want to track down Kalua Pig and vote him off the island.

He's my neighbor, we'll just vote him off the block

Toothless Wonders will love Poi! Le Chon will be sending the MT fans to Diamond Head to sing their (real) Fight Song!