Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

POTATO BOWL: COLORADO STATE VS. IDAHO

8 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Let's not forget that Idaho would be MWC champs

Idaho beat South Alabama which beat SDSU

Idaho beat UNLV which beat Wyoming

And Idaho just bitch slapped CSU which bitch slapped SDSU

Don't forget Idaho over NMSU who beat UNM.

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

Oh didn't you get the memo? As soon as they started getting their asses kicked they decided that they didn't want to be there.

Officially, the CSU players were too concerned about slipping on the turf.  That's what they said in the presser anyway.*

*Note: They're from fukking Colorado. 

2 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Officially, the CSU players were too concerned about slipping on the turf.  That's what they said in the presser anyway.*

*Note: They're from fukking Colorado. 

Vandal players did not appear to have as much of an issue. Was it an equipment problem?

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

3 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Vandal players did not appear to have as much of an issue. Was it an equipment problem?

I think both teams were struggling with it.  Maybe we practiced in the snow more, who knows.

3 hours ago, LoboSage said:

Don't forget Idaho over NMSU who beat UNM.

This was actually the OOC loss that pissed me off the most. New Mexico should never lose to NMSU, especially when the Lobos are as good as they are this year.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

7 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I really wonder about that.  Can't use it as an excuse, but it did appear that Idaho had better (not good) traction than CSU.  We've got a pretty good equipment manager who won a national award for best equipment manager a couple of years ago, so I'm sure we were wearing the best cleats he had.  I think he'll be talking with the Under Armour rep for some input.  Not like we will probably ever run into quite those conditions again.

CSU had a shit season, then killed the Aztecs. Then all I heard was "oh, you haven't watched them the last 2 months they are much improved". Went back and looked and their best win was phukking UNLV or some shit.

Then it was "CSU will be title contenders next year, LoFartzz says CSU has several 3 star recruits!"

Now they've been murdered by Idaho and all is back to normal.

30 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Yeah, the defense really should not have taken their foot off the gas, but the ending was still great.

Perhaps.  Maybe Bobo asked our DC what the problem was.  To which he answered "you're not from around these parts, but when the field is frozen the DB's can't cover.  Why don't you give it a try?"

It was an exciting ending.

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

Perhaps.  Maybe Bobo asked our DC what the problem was.  To which he answered "you're not from around these parts, but when the field is frozen the DB's can't cover.  Why don't you give it a try?"

It was an exciting ending.

I still think the field condition issue needs to be examined.  We've played on the blue more than anyone aside from BSU and I've seen it slick, but not that slick.  Actually, not even close to that slick.  If there's a way to prevent that in the future, it should be sorted out.

2 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

I still think the field condition issue needs to be examined.  We've played on the blue more than anyone aside from BSU and I've seen it slick, but not that slick.  Actually, not even close to that slick.  If there's a way to prevent that in the future, it should be sorted out.

Agreed.  Should never play a game, especially a bowl game on a field like that.

I'm not claiming it was the difference in the game either.  If it was, then we didn't just get beat we got outcoached.

3 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

Grass is the only solution. And that's a maybe when the weather is like that. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."