Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Dalton Sneed Transferring

What do you think Rebel fans? 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

16 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Just a guy that wants to play QB and his coach wants him at another position. 

I'm fine with it - Sneed not a key loss

And then I see Anu Soloman is leaving Arizona and wondered if he might consider Sanchez & UNLV since they have history ??!?!

14 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I'm fine with it - Sneed not a key loss

And then I see Anu Soloman is leaving Arizona and wondered if he might consider Sanchez & UNLV since they have history ??!?!

He is pretty much a Vegas kid. Moved here when he was 10. Maybe he just wants to go home for a year?

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

He is pretty much a Vegas kid. Moved here when he was 10. Maybe he just wants to go home for a year?

Think it was iffy on his getting much playing time at Arizona too - maybe he opts to finish at UNLV and help his old HS coach out !?!?!

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Think it was iffy on his getting much playing time at Arizona too - maybe he opts to finish at UNLV and help his old HS coach out !?!?!

The timing of this and the Sneed thing is very intriguing? 

Back on topic I hope Sneed goes somewhere and tears it up.  The kid is a gamer. 

Just now, toonkee said:

The timing of this and the Sneed thing is very intriguing? 

Back on topic I hope Sneed goes somewhere and tears it up.  The kid is a gamer. 

If Soloman is really coming to UNLV, I think that might give Palandech & Stanton pause, because UNLV also has Armani Rogers as "QB of the future"............that would leave UNLV with 4 QB's for next season - maybe Sneed was first to be informed and was first to make the move..........since Sneed was playing WR the last few games.

If the above is true & Soloman is coming home...............then I could see Stanton leaving for a FCS program soon.....Palandech might be more amicable to 2nd / 3rd string his one last season as he's been there before in his two seasons at UNLV 

1 minute ago, fanhood said:

Didn't this guy play well part of the year? What happened?

Had a decent game one time.............think he ran wild on Fresno St (maybe) - had a 91 yard TD run

Then flamed out and was run first pass second type of QB 

36 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Had a decent game one time.............think he ran wild on Fresno St (maybe) - had a 91 yard TD run

Then flamed out and was run first pass second type of QB 

Saloman would be great pickup. 

But maybe staff struggles developing QBs? 

2 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Saloman would be great pickup. 

But maybe staff struggles developing QBs? 

Sanchez had no issues while at Gorman..........but that's a different animal..............and the staff has had only two years.........inherited Hauck's QB's & Sanchez/Staff have yet to recruit their own out of HS. :shrug:

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Sanchez had no issues while at Gorman..........but that's a different animal..............and the staff has had only two years.........inherited Hauck's QB's & Sanchez/Staff have yet to recruit their own out of HS. :shrug:

Answer me this. Plenty of QBs start their fresh year right out of HS. If Rogers is the real deal why didn't he play? The schedule gets a lot more difficult for Vegas next year. Not sure I agree with this move. 

52 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Didn't this guy play well part of the year? What happened?

Had a good game or two against lesser competition but got destroyed by the Aztecs, and never really recovered from it. I still blame cotton for that, made the kid come out on the first play in his second game ever and try to throw a bomb downfield, on the road. He was done, confidence destroyed. 

Guest RoscoesDad

Sneed could have stuck it out because you never know how things are going to play out.  Stanton and a RS FR QB with zero game experience have opportunity for backup QBs written all over it.  But can't blame Sneed for bailing.  With a better QB coach he will probably be pretty good by his Jr. or Sr. year.  I like that kid, wish he would have stayed to see things out.

If Solomon wants to come here, you take him...no question about it.  You can't ride all of next season on a freshman QB that has never played a D1 game before or a guy who played a few games and looked totally overmatched (Stanton).  Or an inconsistent one dimensional guy like Palandech.  If Stanton wants to transfer because we take Solomon, bye Felicia.  Best of luck in the Big Sky.