Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Boise St @LMU

12 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

You're up 4 with like 7 minutes to go. 

That said, the WCC has the MWC's number this year for some reason. 

We had just let a big lead go, thought LMU had the momentum but luckily they suck.

That, and I'm a huge pessimist.

Broncos had a tough 4 game stretch. I said going into it that I'd be thrilled with 2-2, so I guess I'm thrilled. Both loses they had chances to win late. They are still a work in progress. I'm pretty satisfied with the way this young team is coming together. I feel like we're playing with house money this year. It's next year and the year after that this team will do it's damage. 56 points today came from FR and SOs

Dang, they made that way more interesting then it needed to be. The last 3 minutes weren't very pretty, but any road win against a D1 team is a good win, especially since this game was at the end of a crazy scheduling stretch for BSU. Watch out MWC brethren, at first glance, Justinian Jessup looks like some dork you would see playing pick up at the YMCA, but that dude is going to be a very good player in this league.

Get used to it.   This team has a long way to go to learn to close games out.  It's what you get you lean on 2 guys who you told weren't good enough to start or play late in close games last year.   Then your next best player is a true freshman.   

They are going to be exciting and frustrating but anything they do this year is gravy.

Bronco fans, please remember these names:

• Rod Jensen 

• Greg Graham

Then you'll be okay with where we are today. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Bronco fans, please remember these names:

• Rod Jensen 

• Greg Graham

Then you'll be okay with where we are today. 

I remember Jensen but I didn't care about basketball back then.

Graham would suck and then pull out a good season in a contract year and stick around like chlamydia. Every time we'd get a big home game we'd lose by 20.

Just now, IanforHeisman said:

Graham would suck and then pull out a good season in a contract year and stick around like chlamydia. Every time we'd get a big home game we'd lose by 20.

Jensen had one decent 20 win season with Berto, Washington, Woods, Lyons, and Horedeman on the roster. They were mediocre otherwise - I don't believe they ever made a post season appearance while he was at the helm. 

4 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I remember Bergeson.. I believe our last draft pick? Did Coker get drafted?

I don't think Coker got drafted but was a free agent signing for a bit. Probably the best Boise State player to never get a shot at the NBA was Tanaka Beard but he played under Bobby Dye -- so did Coker.

I watched the first half. Boise shot the ball well but didn't seem very interested in defending. They were up 49-42.

Then I watched the first 3 minutes of the second half and it looked like Leon Rice lit them up at halftime about their lousy D. Broncos defended hard and went up big at 56-42 and I stopped watching. I figured they were home free. 

Hen. Noticed the game was tied at 58. WTF! So I started watching again and the Broncos went up 10 inside 4 minutes.

i stopped watching cuz I figured they had the game in the bag.

When I watched they looked good. Leon Rice should hire me to watch his team.

good road win for Boise.

8 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Chlamydia doesn't stick around if you take care of it, brah. Go get yourself a shot 

8 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Jensen had one decent 20 win season with Berto, Washington, Woods, Lyons, and Horedeman on the roster. They were mediocre otherwise - I don't believe they ever made a post season appearance while he was at the helm. 

Lyons actually blew his ACL out prior to that season, which was terribly unfortunate as the only thing that team lacked was a down low presence which he woulda provided. That was the best team we had to not play in the postseason. With Lyons it coulda been a special year, but alas...