Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Las Vegas Reb

Eastern Washington Beau Baldwin and Vanderbilt OC Andy Ludwig leading candidates for UNR

Ludwig would not be on my short list. 

Never been a head coach ... would probably jump at first offer out of Nevada...

Baldwin....might stay around for awhile.... he's had other D1 HC offers and passed... so he seems to be mindful of things other than big money...

And he has been a head coach, knows how to put together a program with a broke ass budget....

I think it's a no brainer 

2 minutes ago, Nevada2012 said:

Ludwig would not be on my short list. 

Never been a head coach ... would probably jump at first offer out of Nevada...

Baldwin....might stay around for awhile.... he's had other D1 HC offers and passed... so he seems to be mindful of things other than big money...

And he has been a head coach, knows how to put together a program with a broke ass budget....

I think it's a no brainer 

+1

Agree with everybody above except Bauer's implicit statement that Ludwig even sucks as an OC.* Ludwig might be a good OC but he has no HC experience and having seen him for two years at SDSU, his personality does not exude the type of leadership necessary to be the head guy.

UNR should hire Baldwin over Ludwig and it isn't even close.

* Ludwig did a very good job at SDSU and was masterful for Utah in the Sugar Bowl against Alabama. Greatest OC ever? Hardly, but a damn good one.

Boom goes the dynamite.

22 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

If that was the case he wouldn't be finding new jobs as a coordinator every 2 years.

He'd be a terrible head coach

He almost always left a job for a better job.  He's done well at pretty much every job.

I don't disagree because I don't theink he has the temperament to be a HC.  His skill as an OC is undeniable IMHO.

43 minutes ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

I think Nevada would do well with Baldwin.  I wanted him for UH if we hadn't hired Rolo.

Might be Ludwig.  He has a connection with our AD from their time together at Utah.  Hopefully, our AD is just throwing him a bone to help him get a HC job somewhere else. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

The one caveat to the Baldwin angle is that coaches who have had a lot of success in the Big Sky and been hired into the MWC haven't necessarily brought their winning ways with them. Wyoming and UNLV can attest to this. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The one caveat to the Baldwin angle is that coaches who have had a lot of success in the Big Sky and been hired into the MWC haven't necessarily brought their winning ways with them. Wyoming and UNLV can attest to this. 

True, but the fact is that EWU fielded a much better team than Nevada this year. If he can do it a program like EWU, I'm sure he could have similar results at Nevada. They beat Washington State, and destroyed Cal Poly who we nearly lost to. 

EWU won their playoff game today, so we may have a situation similar to Wyoming with Bohl where we have to wait for him.

I would go with Baldwin my best friends son played for him the last couple years is a good coach.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

5 hours ago, bigd said:

True, but the fact is that EWU fielded a much better team than Nevada this year. If he can do it a program like EWU, I'm sure he could have similar results at Nevada. They beat Washington State, and destroyed Cal Poly who we nearly lost to. 

EWU won their playoff game today, so we may have a situation similar to Wyoming with Bohl where we have to wait for him.

Bobby Hauck's Montana teams would have defeated UNLV every single year he was at Montana, but his UNLV teams were still garbage.