Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WyomingCoog

Dino Costa talks yours truly and the MWC Board.....

14 minutes ago, mugtang said:

He did call us the mountain west connection board :angry::angry::angry:

Yeah. Didn't wanna bring that up. Ha ?

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

6 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

That's not him...he's @pokesradioshow. It's not private. My guess is he'll enjoy the banter. 

Oh my bad. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

Yeah. Didn't wanna bring that up. Ha ?

I found his twitter. I think I'll send him a fruit basket or something for Christmas.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

haha...nice....tang

Honest assessment.....not digging into the mud of WyoNation boards or past online articles....based on my experience alone....

The dude is a talented host....you don't host your own XM radio show on Mad Dog Sports for 5 years without talent. He's a very outspoken conservative and doesn't make any excuses for it and that obviously turns some people off....especially when they're tuning in for sports. You don't go on a rant about conservatism in this day and age without being branded as a certain type of person. He's been a shock jock type that trolls others to get publicity and get people talking about him which is probably a smart strategy on a limited basis.......on the other hand it has seemed to end in a lot of short stays in certain areas.

All that to say...I've listened to the show on more than one occasion and it's a great place to get Pokes information. He's broken stories, had great interviews, talked recruiting, etc. It's a much different show than his unfiltered/uncensored show on XM. Yesterday he had the SDSU beat writer on to discuss the game...the day before, they guy from rivals to talk which recruits will be in town this weekend. I get the hesitancy to listen, but as a Pokes fan, where else will you get 2 hours straight of news and coverage devoted to Wyoming Athletics on today's airwaves? You should take advantage. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

3 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

that guy is phucking clown shoes.....

I used to listen to Dino's show occasionally when he was on Sirius radio years ago working for Chris Russo. Never listened too long since he was incapable of refraining from far-right political rants against mundane gun control, gay marriage, taxation or whatever. I hadn't heard that Dino landed in Wyoming. Despite the fact he's probably earning just a fraction of what he did on Sirius, other than Colorado Springs or the deep South, it's probably the best place for him. But hey, maybe he could do sports for that other "true patriot," Mark Levin!

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I used to listen to Dino's show occasionally when he was on Sirius radio years ago working for Chris Russo. Never listened too long since he was incapable of refraining from far-right political rants against mundane gun control, gay marriage, taxation or whatever. I hadn't heard that Dino landed in Wyoming. Despite the fact he's probably earning just a fraction of what he did on Sirius, other than Colorado Springs or the deep South, it's probably the best place for him. But hey, maybe he could do sports for that other "true patriot," Mark Levin!

That's true.....I think he does model some of his delivery and methodology after guys like Rush and Mark Levin. It comes through pretty clearly.....also goes to my point that it's likely that anyone on the left finds him repulsive and refuses to listen, much as I would do for a Rachel Maddow sports talk show. He seems to have toned down the political talk (somewhat, it's still there) for the new Pokes Show though and seems to just be trying to cover the team and provide insight. 

7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I hadn't heard that Dino landed in Wyoming. 

I could be wrong, but I believe he's from Wyoming. If not, he's always been a die hard Cowboy. I remember him talking Pokes football on XM which I'm sure drove the bosses crazy. 

He got himself banned from wyonation for promoting other websites.

And I don't mean the MWCboard.

And that's not counting the numerous right-wing rants he's gone on. Like when gay marriages were legally recognized in Wyoming, most of us were supportive. Not so much him.

1 minute ago, WyomingCoog said:

I could be wrong, but I believe he's from Wyoming. If not, he's always been a die hard Cowboy. I remember him talking Pokes football on XM which I'm sure drove the bosses crazy. 

He's from New York originally.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

man is that second one teed up.......

If I had your wit with Yer Mom jokes I would've knocked it out of the park.  Unfortunately, I don't so we are stuck with that. :shrug: 

49 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

No he is not from Wyoming.  Nor is he an alum and nor has he ever attended the University of Wyoming.  His only connection to Wyoming is that he chose to move here after getting fired from a radio job and is a self-proclaimed Wyoming Cowboys fan. 

16 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

congrats to CJ on the free tix for Saturday. Don't forget to spray that deodorant in the bowling shoes.

:rimshot1:

12 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

No he is not from Wyoming.  Nor is he an alum and nor has he ever attended the University of Wyoming.  His only connection to Wyoming is that he chose to move here after getting fired from a radio job and is a self-proclaimed Wyoming Cowboys fan. 

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

32 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

So he has basically adopted Wyoming as his home state? I'm good with that, especially as a kid raised by two parents that re-located to Wyoming from Texas/Mississippi and had no previous ties. 

8 hours ago, WyomingCoog said:

That's not him...he's @pokesradioshow. It's not private. My guess is he'll enjoy the banter. 

As long as you bow and rave about how insightful his deal is he will enjoy the banter. If you question or bring up some of his past that he is hiding he will run all over you with profanity.