Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Wyoming/SDSU Part Deux....MWC championship game thread.

So, SDSU was allotted 2,500 tickets which won't be available to Wyo fans until Thursday morning.  Are you F ing kidding me.  Wyo season ticket holders got until 5pm tonight (which I'm sure is Wyo's self imposed deadline).  I sure hope our ticket office can somehow manage a waiting list for 2,400 tickets that need to be processed and disbursed in 1 1/2 days.  This added 2,500 tickets to the will call window. 

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest Cowboy Junky

Like Pokebball said, SDSU fans won't sell more than 100 tickets. We'll have to sell their allotment for them. That's what's pathetic about SDSU's 20K last year. They played AFA and had a bunch of AFA fans there.

We're already 2-3 K above SDSU's attendance from last year, and it's only Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Like Pokebball said, SDSU fans won't sell more than 100 tickets. We'll have to sell their allotment for them. That's what's pathetic about SDSU's 20K last year. They played AFA and had a bunch of AFA fans there.

We're already 2-3 K above SDSU's attendance from last year, and it's only Tuesday.

960.jpg

Guest Cowboy Junky
Just now, k5james said:

960.jpg

The only fantasy is the one you're going to create on Saturday to explain why Wyoming had 20-30 percent more fans for our championship game then you guys had last year.

Just now, Cowboy Junky said:

The only fantasy is the one you're going to create on Saturday to explain why Wyoming had 20-30 percent more fans for our championship game then you guys had last year.

We'll see sport.  I have my DVR locked and loaded to take some still shots of the crowd.

Guest Cowboy Junky
18 minutes ago, pokebball said:

So, SDSU was allotted 2,500 tickets which won't be available to Wyo fans until Thursday morning.  Are you F ing kidding me.  Wyo season ticket holders got until 5pm tonight (which I'm sure is Wyo's self imposed deadline).  I sure hope our ticket office can somehow manage a waiting list for 2,400 tickets that need to be processed and disbursed in 1 1/2 days.  This added 2,500 tickets to the will call window. 

I don't think SDSU was allotted 2500. Section A(the visiting section) has been blocked out all week and it only seats 1000. I'm almost positive that every other section has been on sale.

1 minute ago, Cowboy Junky said:

I don't think SDSU was allotted 2500. Section A(the visiting section) has been blocked out all week and it only seats 1000. I'm almost positive that every other section has been on sale.

Someone on the gowyogo site said it was 2,500.  So it's got to be true, right?

Guest Cowboy Junky
Just now, pokebball said:

Someone on the gowyogo site said it was 2,500.  So it's got to be true, right?

I quoted you quoting that person on Wyonation :) , but I'm pretty sure the visiting section is the only section this week without tickets for sale and that section only seats 1000. Maybe we have a mechanism in place that allows SDSU fans to purchase up to 1500 more after the initial batch of 1000. 

1 minute ago, Cowboy Junky said:

I quoted you quoting that person on Wyonation :) , but I'm pretty sure the visiting section is the only section this week without tickets for sale and that section only seats 1000. Maybe we have a mechanism in place that allows SDSU fans to purchase up to 1500 more after the initial batch of 1000. 

Maybe SDSU already returned some?  Who knows

Guest Cowboy Junky
Just now, pokebball said:

Maybe SDSU already returned some?  Who knows

Could be. They probably knew up front what everyone else knows, 100 is probably too many. ;)

24 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

I thought visitors were given sections  A and AA in the upper deck.  The Academy usually fills most of both of those sections.....Boise had quite a few in both of those sections and the Lambs usually bring enough to put a few in both also.  That's probably where the 2500 comes from.

It SUCKS to be a CSU Ram!

Guest Cowboy Junky
1 minute ago, Pokes Forever said:

I thought visitors were given sections  A and AA in the upper deck.  The Academy usually fills most of both of those sections.....Boise had quite a few in both of those sections and the Lambs usually bring enough to put a few in both also.  That's probably where the 2500 comes from.

That makes sense, but that upper level section has been available for purchase all week, so maybe its the overflow section for the visitor.

2 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

That makes sense, but that upper level section has been available for purchase all week, so maybe its the overflow section for the visitor.

Actually see folks from just about all the MWC teams sitting in AA.....haven't ever seen any from.....never mind.

It SUCKS to be a CSU Ram!

Guest Cowboy Junky
Just now, Pokes Forever said:

Actually see folks from just about all the MWC teams sitting in AA.....haven't ever seen any from.....never mind.

That's all right. They have no shame. They still can't explain why Wyoming has played two games with more than 60,000 fans in their building and SDSU has yet to play one.

5 hours ago, Pokes Forever said:

I was about to say the same about Wyoming fans.  I didn't see a one last year.

5 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

That's all right. They have no shame. They still can't explain why Wyoming has played two games with more than 60,000 fans in their building and SDSU has yet to play one.

Typical Wyoming.  Crowing about their opponents selling out a game...

efbDXJ.jpg

4 minutes ago, k5james said:

Typical Wyoming.  Crowing about their opponents selling out a game...

efbDXJ.jpg

Looks like a whole lot of Brown and gold to me. I am red/green color blind though so the reds and browns sort of run into each other. Damn Husk suckers anyway....

On another note:

SDSU is a 7pt favorite for this game?

Seems like the Pokes have done well when playing as the underdog this year...not so much as the favorite. 

Edit:  Then again...we have been the underdog at home quite a bit this year and have yet to lose a game at the War.  So, there is that.  We were favorites at UNLV and UNM and that didn't work out so well for us...