Cowboy Junky

Wyoming/SDSU Part Deux....MWC championship game thread.

238 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, badfish said:

FIFY

Nah, Wyoming is beautiful country. I've been backpacking several times in Yellowstone. But I would never go there this time of year to watch a football game. 

3 people like this

9 hours ago, k5james said:

Bwahahahaha!  Wait...CJ among others has been assuring us that this game is nearly sold out.  Say it aint so.

They released the season tickets that weren't picked up Wednesday morning and more than I expected weren't purchased so the game wasn't as close to a sell out as it looked earlier in the week. Was a bit premature for them to be bragging about a sellout however.

8 hours ago, k5james said:

That's an interesting concept.  They should just rotate back and forth between Denver and Las Vegas.  I'd go to Denver for the MWC title game.

7 hours ago, wyo97 said:

No you wouldn't. This is the last year SDSU will be in it - unless you like other teams in the MWC. Which you don't.

:rotflmfao: That's pretty funny suggesting that an Aztec fan would travel. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Rev McQuervo said:

50ish- not exactly a vacation site this time of year....

This is true. 

8 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Maybe a December game in Laramie will be the reason we go to rotating sites. Denver for the Mtn, Las Vegas for the West. 

8 hours ago, k5james said:

That's an interesting concept.  They should just rotate back and forth between Denver and Las Vegas.  I'd go to Denver for the MWC title game.

Easily up there in the top 5 worst ideas I've ever seen posted on this board.....and that's saying a lot. 

A New Mexico vs Hawaii Championship in Denver would likely draw about 3k

Bwahahahaha!  Wait...CJ among others has been assuring us that this game is nearly sold out.  Say it aint so.

If you factor in the 10k allocated to students (clearly all won't show, I'd say closer to 6k) you're at 24k "sold". It's not terrible by any means and some support from the visiting team would have certainly helped....but yeah, don't see a sell out happening. If the forecast were to change to Sunny and 30+ highs it could be a possibility though. 

9 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I don't think there will be six. 

I visited with a group of parents a couple of weeks ago.  They were cold then and mostly wanted to talk about the winters in Laramie.

19 minutes ago, tspoke said:

They released the season tickets that weren't picked up Wednesday morning and more than I expected weren't purchased so the game wasn't as close to a sell out as it looked earlier in the week. Was a bit premature for them to be bragging about a sellout however.

Too many assuming all of the season ticket holders would purchase their tickets.  I know many season ticket holders that were flying south the day after the SDSU game two weeks ago.

34 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

If you factor in the 10k allocated to students (clearly all won't show, I'd say closer to 6k) you're at 24k "sold". It's not terrible by any means and some support from the visiting team would have certainly helped....but yeah, don't see a sell out happening. If the forecast were to change to Sunny and 30+ highs it could be a possibility though. 

Isn't it finals week?  Are we sure that many will show?

44 minutes ago, tspoke said:

worked out for me.  I went from seats in the nose bleeds to now sitting on the 45 yard line 13 rows up.

4 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

I could be too optimisit here but, I feel like because finals week will have just ended, that will lend to MORE students coming. Sure, some will go home. But I think that those who might have used "studying" as an excuse, will more than make up for it.

13 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

It is the weekend between "dead" week and finals week.  No reason for students to not show up.  Most semester projects should be finished with mostly just having to study for finals.  Easy to take a break from that during Saturday afternoon and evening.  

Edit here is a link to the Wyoming 2016-2017 schedule scroll down to see fall 2016 Wyoming Academic 2016-2017 schedule

If it isn't at a location of one of the two teams, it would kill attendance.  I think Denver could work for Wyo, CSU and AFA but if the team out of the west is Boise, USU or UNM it would be a bad.  Similarly, I think Vegas would work well for UNLV and perhaps SDSU and Nevada, it would not work for the rest.  Another consideration would be that UNLV is the only team that would have an opportunity for home field advantage.  I guess the MWC could be consistent and give 'em that for football as well as basketball.

8 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

No clue......I don't really have a pulse on the campus currently. Was basing that more off of what is typical support. 

1 minute ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

It is the weekend between "dead" week and finals week.  No reason for students to not show up.  Most semester projects should be finished with mostly just having to study for finals.  Easy to take a break from that during Saturday afternoon and evening.  

Pretty much no student attendance at the bball game Wed night.  Maybe due to finals? 

1 minute ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

Plus.....Wyoming students are always looking for an excuse/reason to party....and this is the best one they've had in a reaaaaaaaaalllllly long time.

Just now, pokebball said:

Pretty much no student attendance at the bball game Wed night.  Maybe due to finals? 

Probably it being dead week.  Dead week was always far more hellish for me as a student than finals week.  Getting end of semester projects finished up was always more work than studying for finals.

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

How is the typical student section for a chitty game on a Wed night?

How are you Cowboy fans holding up?  Itching to go tomorrow night?

1 minute ago, Jalapeno said:

How are you Cowboy fans holding up?  Itching to go tomorrow night?

Feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!

1 person likes this