Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Wyoming/SDSU Part Deux....MWC championship game thread.

44 minutes ago, tspoke said:

They released the season tickets that weren't picked up Wednesday morning and more than I expected weren't purchased so the game wasn't as close to a sell out as it looked earlier in the week. Was a bit premature for them to be bragging about a sellout however.

worked out for me.  I went from seats in the nose bleeds to now sitting on the 45 yard line 13 rows up.

4 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Isn't it finals week?  Are we sure that many will show?

I could be too optimisit here but, I feel like because finals week will have just ended, that will lend to MORE students coming. Sure, some will go home. But I think that those who might have used "studying" as an excuse, will more than make up for it.

13 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

It is the weekend between "dead" week and finals week.  No reason for students to not show up.  Most semester projects should be finished with mostly just having to study for finals.  Easy to take a break from that during Saturday afternoon and evening.  

Edit here is a link to the Wyoming 2016-2017 schedule scroll down to see fall 2016 Wyoming Academic 2016-2017 schedule

9 hours ago, k5james said:

That's an interesting concept.  They should just rotate back and forth between Denver and Las Vegas.  I'd go to Denver for the MWC title game.

If it isn't at a location of one of the two teams, it would kill attendance.  I think Denver could work for Wyo, CSU and AFA but if the team out of the west is Boise, USU or UNM it would be a bad.  Similarly, I think Vegas would work well for UNLV and perhaps SDSU and Nevada, it would not work for the rest.  Another consideration would be that UNLV is the only team that would have an opportunity for home field advantage.  I guess the MWC could be consistent and give 'em that for football as well as basketball.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

8 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

No clue......I don't really have a pulse on the campus currently. Was basing that more off of what is typical support. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

1 minute ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

It is the weekend between "dead" week and finals week.  No reason for students to not show up.  Most semester projects should be finished with mostly just having to study for finals.  Easy to take a break from that during Saturday afternoon and evening.  

Pretty much no student attendance at the bball game Wed night.  Maybe due to finals? 

1 minute ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

Plus.....Wyoming students are always looking for an excuse/reason to party....and this is the best one they've had in a reaaaaaaaaalllllly long time.

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Just now, pokebball said:

Pretty much no student attendance at the bball game Wed night.  Maybe due to finals? 

Probably it being dead week.  Dead week was always far more hellish for me as a student than finals week.  Getting end of semester projects finished up was always more work than studying for finals.

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

How is the typical student section for a chitty game on a Wed night?

1 minute ago, Jalapeno said:

How are you Cowboy fans holding up?  Itching to go tomorrow night?

Feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!

29 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

How is the typical student section for a chitty game on a Wed night?

I don't know that I've ever seen the lower area of the student section not full.  It was perhaps 1/4, maybe even 1/5 full Wednesday night.  I'd guess only 1/3 of the band was there as well.  Something was going on.

1 minute ago, Monty93 said:

FIFY:P

That's racist 

2 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

How are you Cowboy fans holding up?  Itching to go tomorrow night?

Literally the biggest night of their lives tomorrow. Probably won't sleep much. I remember when the Super Bowl came to SD when I was a kid, I can relate.

12 minutes ago, badfish said:

Literally the biggest night of their lives tomorrow. Probably won't sleep much. I remember when the Super Bowl came to SD when I was a kid, I can relate.

Difference is that Wyoming can win the game in town.  Charger fans were mere spectators for the SD Super Bowl.

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Difference is that Wyoming can win the game in town.  Charger fans were mere spectators for the SD Super Bowl.

Yup. I'm happy for the people or Laramie. They deserve this.

17 minutes ago, badfish said:

Bro....you act like the Aztecs are the New York Yankees.....your football program has won 3 championships since 1975. 

3 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

Bro....you act like the Aztecs are the New York Yankees.....your football program has won 3 championships since 1975. 

He didn't say anything about the Aztecs.  Wyoming is in a title game for the first time in almost 30 years.  The event itself is the likely basis of the comment. 

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

He didn't say anything about the Aztecs.  Wyoming is in a title game for the first time in almost 30 years.  The event itself is the likely basis of the comment. 

If true....then it's a fair post. I still believe there's that smug "every game is a Super Bowl" for Wyoming kind of Dre attitude behind it as if it's not a huge fu*king game for SDSU. If not....my bad.