Cowboy Junky

Wyoming/SDSU Part Deux....MWC championship game thread.

238 posts in this topic

I know this may seem like a cart before the horse event. It isn't. We already know who's playing in the title game. This is a head start so we can shatter the record of an 86 page game thread(by the way, this is the official game thread so we can be a part of something truly magnificent).

This is the thread where we can discuss who gets home field, acknowledging both teams have work to do, before diving into MWC championship week. We can discuss who wins home field, without jinxing ourselves by focusing our efforts on the championship game opponent, when we both have big games against 2 of the best teams in this years MWC.

One thread to rule them all.

Go Pokes!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first question: where's it going to be played? 

SDSU vs. CSU in San Diego and Wyoming/UNM in Albuquerque will determine that.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awkward..... But I'll be the second post of the "epic" thread.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pokes Superior, MWC Inferior. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe from WY said:

Pokes Superior, MWC Inferior. 

Pokes rule. Aztecs make mom jokes and high altitude excuses.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the love of the game, and the fun of this thread, I will take the following Aztec fans off of ignore for the week before and the week after the MWC championship game: Dr AnDrea, K5Lames, TheSandyGayman, and some of your sock puppets: BYUtop25, VaiSika, and BodyBagGame.

I'm hoping one of you will finally come up with something witty to say that doesn't involve my mother, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

It's on pussy's. Come and get it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No mom jokes yet?

 

" Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothing comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch of gibberish
And mother+++++ers act like they forgot about Dre "

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll bite... I'm trying to keep my old ass up as long as possible tonight, sleep in tomorrow and stay awake for the game tomorrow night.

I think the Pokes will win by 10 +/- 3 points tomorrow, that should be sufficient to get the championship game in Laramie. I also think there's a good chance one or both teams are ranked going into the title game.

As a bonus, I think the sheep will take down SUDS tomorrow too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CJ I appreciate your fervor but Wyoming still has a HUGE game tomorrow.....I would like to see us win that and be the outright div champs......I think you were posting cart before the horse memes earlier this week.  WE, the Pokes did nothing today.....AFA had a huge win that propelled us to the CCG but come on.....let's not go overboard when we still have a few games to go.  We have a lot of questions going into tomorrow.   D line is very thin and we still have yet to prove we can stop the read option, jet sweep or cover a TE.  I see tomorrow being a shootout similar to UNLV because UNM is not one dimentional and we still struggle on the road.  Humble pie is easier to swallow than crow......your sig lists many of Wyoming greatest seasons, coaches, etc.....like you I experienced many of those accomplishments.....we have been there before and for those that don't know that, your beating them with the success we've had so far this year, will do nothing to earn their respect.....there is still a lot of football to be played.....Don't be a Dre!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pokes Forever said:

CJ I appreciate your fervor but Wyoming still has a HUGE game tomorrow.....I would like to see us win that and be the outright div champs......I think you were posting cart before the horse memes earlier this week.  WE, the Pokes did nothing today.....AFA had a huge win that propelled us to the CCG but come on.....let's not go overboard when we still have a few games to go.  We have a lot of questions going into tomorrow.   D line is very thin and we still have yet to prove we can stop the read option, jet sweep or cover a TE.  I see tomorrow being a shootout similar to UNLV because UNM is not one dimentional and we still struggle on the road.  Humble pie is easier to swallow than crow......your sig lists many of Wyoming greatest seasons, coaches, etc.....like you I experienced many of those accomplishments.....we have been there before and for those that don't know that, your beating them with the success we've had so far this year, will do nothing to earn their respect.....there is still a lot of football to be played.....Don't be a Dre!

Agreed, which is why this says, right at the beginning, that first we have to determine the site and that will be done on the field vs. UNM. SDSU really doesn't have any control over that.

We have to beat UNM.

That's all the discussion is right now. Can we go 1-0 this week vs. UNM?

The SDSU discussion will start right after we determine the site on the field vs. the Lobos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A game ahead of you, and you still are thinking about SDSU.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

A game ahead of you, and you still are thinking about SDSU.

 

 

Actually, I'm thinking of where it's going to be played until about 11:00 tomorrow night.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Actually, I'm thinking of where it's going to be played until about 11:00 tomorrow night.

I would be thinking on the team in front of me, not where you play a team in the future.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

I would be thinking on the team in front of me, not where you play a team in the future.  

Why, am I gonna have to suit up tomorrow, because I'm going to need to get rid of this beer belly and old legs if I want to contribute? 

You seemed to find your way to this thread.

Tomorrows games are incredibly interesting. Wyoming has a road game against a very good Lobo team that leads the nation in rushing yards per game. Although we're pretty strong against the triple option, it's on the road and that's scary as hell.

SDSU has a home game against CSU. Although that game probably doesn't matter at all in hosting, SDSU won't host if they lose, they probably won't if they win and Wyoming wins, regardless of the size of the blow-out. CSU can run the ball between the tackles and is probably the second best team to play SDSU this year. That should be a great game as well.

We're just trying to go 1-0 this week. It's a huge game because it means we could make you come play us again in Laramie, except in bitter, painful weather.

Go Pokes. Beat the Lobos and win home field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wyoming meets a buzzsaw tomorrow.  Don't underestimate them. Thankfully for you, Bohl won't.  If you're thinking they're another version of AFA, you're wrong, they are very much their own anomaly. and they sure as hell aren't Boise or CSU.  I don't think the Pokes will take this team lightly, but if they do then they might as well not have gotten on the plane.

This one is far from in the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to make a different thread tomorrow to compete with CJ's thread.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I would be thinking on the team in front of me, not where you play a team in the future.  

I know. I need to get off this board and study the play book. Bohl is counting on me to call in plays over the phone....

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

I know. I need to get off this board and study the play book. Bohl is counting on me to call in plays over the phone....

The playback is easy.  well at least for the first half.  Run Hill off tackle twice and then throw an incomplete pass, then punt

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nashvillepoke said:

The playback is easy.  well at least for the first half.  Run Hill off tackle twice and then throw and incomplete pass, then punt

Should be easy to call in then. I can get back to looking ahead one game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Should be easy to call in then. I can get back to looking ahead one game.

Stamp the game plan approved.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.