Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUALUM13

Coach Harsin...

For all intents Boise State football has done fairly well under coach Harsin. My question is how much better they could do under someone else.

Boise State has been the favorite to win the Mountain West two years in a row and have fallen short. I don't take anything away from the teams that have one (very deserving) but I believe with better coaching and decisions amongst the coaches BSU should have won last year and should be playing in the championship game vs SDSU this year.

Coach Harsin's first year was largely the result of coach Petersens work and as such BSU won the MWC championship and the Fiesta bowl. Since then coach Harsin has run off talented assistants and coordinators (all saying behind closed doors they could not stand to work with Harsin any longer).

I am not advocating one thing or another but should discussions about changes in the coaching staff and even the head coaching position begin?

11 minutes ago, BSUALUM13 said:

For all intents Boise State football has done fairly well under coach Harsin. My question is how much better they could do under someone else.

Boise State has been the favorite to win the Mountain West two years in a row and have fallen short. I don't take anything away from the teams that have one (very deserving) but I believe with better coaching and decisions amongst the coaches BSU should have won last year and should be playing in the championship game vs SDSU this year.

Coach Harsin's first year was largely the result of coach Petersens work and as such BSU won the MWC championship and the Fiesta bowl. Since then coach Harsin has run off talented assistants and coordinators (all saying behind closed doors they could not stand to work with Harsin any longer).

I am not advocating one thing or another but should discussions about changes in the coaching staff and even the head coaching position begin?

fireharsin.com

Just a question for discussion...

I would hardly tout the win over Oregon State and if BSU played Wash. St. midway through the season Wash. St. win hands down.

RougeStoute- Real mature bud...it is a topic for discussion not a recommendation either way...dumbsh**

4 minutes ago, BSUALUM13 said:

Just a question for discussion...

I would hardly tout the win over Oregon State and if BSU played Wash. St. midway through the season Wash. St. win hands down.

RougeStoute- Real mature bud...it is a topic for discussion not a recommendation either way...dumbsh**

Got your mature right here.

frabz-Things-You-Can-Suck-My-Dick-3be93c.png

Obviously he has big shoes to fill. And sometimes you don't even really know how good someone one was at doing the small things until that coach is gone.  But I honestly think this years Boise team runs the WAC and gets a BCS bid ( back in the day). So in that context he is doing good.  It is hard to win the MW as Boise fans and coaches are quickly learning.   I know next year they will be the popular pick again ( but those of us on this board know all too well what will happen ).  

8 minutes ago, slappy said:

Obviously he has big shoes to fill. And sometimes you don't even really know how good someone one was at doing the small things until that coach is gone.  But I honestly think this years Boise team runs the WAC and gets a BCS bid ( back in the day). So in that context he is doing good.  It is hard to win the MW as Boise fans and coaches are quickly learning.   I know next year they will be the popular pick again ( but those of us on this board know all too well what will happen ).  

Well, that is because you are dumb, slappy.

35 minutes ago, BSUALUM13 said:

I think you are in the worst of all worlds where he gets 8-10 wins but never enough to actually win the conference.   We shall see how it plays out but at 10 wins your going to have a hard time convincing people to dump him.  

He could be Boises Pat Hill.   

2 minutes ago, slappy said:

And Im dumb. 

Correct.  This team does not have near the NFL talent that our WAC teams had.  FFS we had backups earn NFL money on our WAC teams.  This team does not have the depth, the high end NFL talent spanning multiple positions or the coaching staff that our WAC teams did.

You are dumb.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Correct.  This team does not have near the NFL talent that our WAC teams had.  FFS we had backups earn NFL money on our WAC teams.  This team does not have the depth, the high end NFL talent spanning multiple positions or the coaching staff that our WAC teams did.

You are dumb.

Ok. 

I guess you would of lost to

Reno, Fresno,Utah St,Hawaii, SJ State

If memory serves me correct those were your biggest rivals in the Wac

or maybe Idaho would of gotten you this year , or la tech

Its pretty obvious you are the king of the WAC this year.  Just not king of the MW

43 minutes ago, BSUALUM13 said:

Ahh yes the million dollar question.  Of course it depends entirely on who the 'someone' else is.

Just now, slappy said:

Ok. 

I guess you would of lost to

Reno, Fresno,Utah St,Hawaii, SJ State

If memory serves me correct those were your biggest rivals in the Wac

or maybe Idaho would of gotten you this year , or la tech

Its pretty obvious you are the king of the WAC this year.  Just not king of the MW

With their current coaching staffs?  Yea.  Would hate to play La Tech this year.  They are damn good and would likely beat us 8 out of 10 times  Much more talented team than, say, Wyoming..

6 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I think you are in the worst of all worlds where he gets 8-10 wins but never enough to actually win the conference.   We shall see how it plays out but at 10 wins your going to have a hard time convincing people to dump him.  

He could be Boises Pat Hill.   

I don't disagree. The reason the post came about is because I was having a conversation with friends who brought up some power 5 conference coaches who were fired mid-season (sometimes after only a few years) whof won 8+ games each season but couldn't win a conference championship.

Halfmanhalfbrain- I disagree, BSU has the talent, if not more, than during the WAC years but the level of competition is greater and as if late, the decision making by the coaches is very questionable.

2 minutes ago, BSUALUM13 said:

I don't disagree. The reason the post came about is because I was having a conversation with friends who brought up some power 5 conference coaches who were fired mid-season (sometimes after only a few years) whof won 8+ games each season but couldn't win a conference championship.

Halfmanhalfbrain- I disagree, BSU has the talent, if not more, than during the WAC years but the level of competition is greater and as if late, the decision making by the coaches is very questionable.

Drop the sock.  Doubt you are even a Boise fan.  The NFL would disagree with you.  

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

With their current coaching staffs?  Yea.  Would hate to play La Tech this year.  They are damn good and would likely beat us 8 out of 10 times  Much more talented team than, say, Wyoming..

So you lose to la tech in the WAC this year?   Did they ever win the WAC?  Still not buying it.  I think your starting to see my point though.  Your argument is now getting silly.  La Tech?  Boise wins the WAC this year, and you are off to another well deserved BCS bowl.  

Life is a little tougher up here.