Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

My email to Knuth re Polian's Confrontation with Pumphrey

11 minutes ago, mugtang said:

???

The point being you guys were picked to finish second in the West by the conference writers but you're now all alone in fifth. So Polian isn't just hurting your football program with his embarrassing antics.

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

The point being you guys were picked to finish second in the West by the conference writers but you're now all alone in fifth. So Polian isn't just hurting your football program with his embarrassing antics.

He's hurting the conference writers?

Polian needs to be retained - He's good for the other 11 programs............he's fun as heck to watch with the sidelines antics & rants ........he's been a key factor in UNLV keeping the Cannon RED...........and UNR is now a basketball school.

So let's not get rash & kick Polian to the curb just yet...........I think 11 of the MWC fan bases would concur with me on this !! 

13 hours ago, badfish said:

Pumphrey has become a talker this season, but so many teams try to get in his head he kinda has to. He tweeted out that 6 Nevada players followed his GF on Instagram and stupid shit like that LB hanging onto his ankles WELL after he scored his TD get to him after a while. 

That doesn't excuse a HC from getting into it with a player through. Long, Harsin, Bowl or others would never do that.

Ain't social media great? :blink:

I saw the LB trying to leg hump him in the endzone like a cocker spaniel, but I missed the confrontation mug's talking about.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Rocky strikes me as a bad ass. If I'm a player I don't test that dude. 

You should hear him go on about unnecessary roughness penalties (he thinks they're largely ridiculous and that it's just part of the game).

He's old school... like K-12 in a Little House on the Prairie old school. We're lucky to have him.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

I missed Polies confab with DJ, who does talk way too much (but otherwise I love the guy) I thought Polians social decorum was improving, looks like he had a relapse. That know explains why Rocky was lecturing him sternly.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

7 hours ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

This crap happens every so often.  NM's Steve Alford exchanged words with BYU's Tavarnari some years back.  Even the assistant coach with CSU exchanged words with Connor Halliday at the NM Bowl.  Doesn't make it right.  It really is stupid for a coach to do that sort of thing.  A reprimand of some sort usually follows.

Wazzu_medium

Ah...the glory days of MW BB...

It was so much more fun back then.  The T&M was fulled to the brim with electricity and hate during the tournaments.  #MakeUNLVandUNMgreatagainandbringbackBYU. 

18 hours ago, mugtang said:

Mr. Knuth,

I have been a season ticket holder since 2011.  I am an alumni (2009) and an ardent Nevada Wolf Pack fan, so much so that I run the Nevada Scout site silverandbluesports.com.  I have been concerned about the direction of the football program for awhile.  I was not planning on writing about the perceived problems with the football program and as I trust your judgment when it comes to coaching changes.  However, watching Brian Polian's conduct on the sideline tonight was an embarrassment.  In the first quarter he got into a verbal confrontation with San Diego State player Donnell Pumphrey.  I don't care what caused Polian to feel he needs to get into it with Pumphrey. That was the most embarrassing moment I've been a part of as a Nevada football fan, alumni & booster. It was embarrassing for the football team, the Athletic Department and the University.  While I trust your judgment when it comes to this, I feel Polian is no longer fit to lead our program and should be removed as the Head Football Coach effective immediately.  Thank you for taking the time to read this.

There's not much of an excuse for a coach to get in a confrontation with a player, even if it's not a serious one.I'm not a Polian supporter as I believe he's over his head with the X's and O's of the game. That said I watched a couple of coaches over the last few weeks and the FBS has their share of hot heads.Two that quickly come to mind is Louisville and West Virginia. The WV coach had a major melt down yesterday on National TV. Sometimes i wonder if Polian had turned Nevada into a winning program during his tenure, if his sideline behavior would be a little more acceptable with the fan base:shrug:. As it is, he's a substandard coach and in my opinion this makes his side line behavior more glaring.

18 hours ago, mugtang said:

It was the first drive of the game.  Polian had to be restrained by one of his assistants.   I don't give a shit what Pumph said.  Polian is the head coach and I expect better. 

We know of what you speak mug...

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

11 minutes ago, FresnoStateBulldogFan said:

This is what's mug was talking about seems little overboard asking for a coach to be fired if this was all that happened?? 

That the first part of it.  He went after him after that.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

It took 3 1/2 weeks and 3 straight losses after my letter to TKM for her to fire Rice.

You're probably only looking at 2 weeks and 2 more losses.

USU and UNLV will help you guys.

All is well, For Rice is gone.