Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Wyoming 2017 recruits.

7 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Rivals had him listed with 3 package 12 offers. no clue if they are accurate. seems like a good get. we need help on the dline.

He posted his official offer letters on his Twitter on August 1st, the PAC12 offers were legit. He only took officials to Wyoming and Hawaii, so who knows what happened between August and now.

Guest Cowboy Junky
3 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

He posted his official offer letters on his Twitter on August 1st, the PAC12 offers were legit. He only took officials to Wyoming and Hawaii, so who knows what happened between August and now.

You seem to,

"he just slipped through the cracks and was a victim to the numbers game, or it's a sign that his academics aren't in order"....

or option C, he chose the team that kicked the shit out of CSU this year over the offers he had from the Pac 12.

16 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

I thought Wyoming never landed guys that we're offered by multiple Pac 12 schools, and Big 12 schools like CSU. 

Keep throwing shade about being a victim to the numbers game, or an academic misfit, because you guys just lost another player to Wyoming that will be kicking your asses for years. Those big schools didn't back off, they offered him a scholarship Sheepdip.

;)

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_wyoming/football/star-california-defensive-end-victor-jones-commits-to-wyoming/article_a2aeeb1a-ce38-11e6-a0d0-2b3d7d99d881.html

If they were still interested, why didn't he take an official visit to Oregon State, Utah, or Cal? Do you understand how recruiting works?

In an August 25th interview with Scout he said his Top 4 was Cal, Hawaii, Utah, and Oregon State; with Fresno in fifth. He had a Wyoming offer at that point and didn't even mention them. He wanted official visits Utah and Oregon State, but never did. He only took 2 of his 5 visits. What do you think happened?

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1699355-3-star-de-jones-likes-four-open-to-more

15 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

According to Fort Fun, he's not a three star, because he committed to Wyoming. That automatically makes a guy a two star by default and means that no one else on earth offered him a scholarship.

Huh? He's a 3-star with Pac12 offers and offers from half the MW. Great get for Wyoming. I'd be thrilled if he verballed to CSU.

22 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

Hopefully he qualifies. can't imagine we would offer if he had grade issues.

Looks like Wyoming just landed another DL out of Sacramento....Ravontae Holt...6'4" or 6'5" and 260lbs.

That makes 4 out of Sacramento so far.

Go Pokes!!

21 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

I thought Wyoming never landed guys that we're offered by multiple Pac 12 schools, and Big 12 schools like CSU. 

Keep throwing shade about being a victim to the numbers game, or an academic misfit, because you guys just lost another player to Wyoming that will be kicking your asses for years. Those big schools didn't back off, they offered him a scholarship Sheepdip.

;)

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_wyoming/football/star-california-defensive-end-victor-jones-commits-to-wyoming/article_a2aeeb1a-ce38-11e6-a0d0-2b3d7d99d881.html

What others besides Victor Jones held CSU offers that chose Wyoming instead?  Btw, nice pick up for Wyoming.

53 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Chris Walker was offered by Nebraska today after Nebraska missed out on some bigger commits.  I hope he stays with Wyoming but I doubt he does.  

Nebraska is still a big offer for anyone across the country. Judging by your username, would you at least be excited for him at Nebraska?

14 minutes ago, badfish said:

Nebraska is still a big offer for anyone across the country. Judging by your username, would you at least be excited for him at Nebraska?

I'm sure it is a dream of his to play at Nebraska.  He is from Nebraska so if he chooses Nebraska then you have to be excited for him.  My only concern for him is that they offered him late because they are thin at OL and they will likely recruit over him.  You never know, once he gets there he could put in great work and develop and become a stud, but I just hope he doesn't get buried on the depth chart there when he could come to Wyoming and play quite a bit probably.  

1 hour ago, Fort Fun said:

Yep. How many schools in the country can beat out Nebraska for a kid from Lincoln? Alabama? maybe?

Ya, very few.  I think Stanford has pulled a kid recently, but he would have been crazy to decline.  He was OL as well.  Stanford has been producing NFL lineman and that degree?  It would be hard to turn down.