Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Wyoming 2017 recruits.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Craig Bohl is not a stars guy, but the people I've talked to are saying this is probably Craig Bohl's best recruiting class as a head coach anywhere.

We'll see how we finish, but this class is loaded already.

MWC outright title or bust!!

On 1/20/2017 at 10:11 AM, Cowboy Junky said:

Craig Bohl is not a stars guy, but the people I've talked to are saying this is probably Craig Bohl's best recruiting class as a head coach anywhere.

We'll see how we finish, but this class is loaded already.

MWC outright title or bust!!

He certainly knows how to find and develop guys to fit his system. If I'm a wyo fan, I don't pay attention to stars.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

17 hours ago, madmartigan said:

He certainly knows how to find and develop guys to fit his system. If I'm a wyo fan, I don't pay attention to stars.

Agreed.  The whole stars thing is a bit overblown.  4-5 vs stars yeah that matters, but 3-2 stars at that level the coaching and player development is far more important than the base talent.  I think you could have a three star system that worked just as well if not better at ranking recruits, but then how can your powerhouse programs have their er-um measuring contests?

Bohl seems quite excited about this class, and that gives me a sense of optimism.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

Agreed.  The whole stars thing is a bit overblown.  4-5 vs stars yeah that matters, but 3-2 stars at that level the coaching and player development is far more important than the base talent.  I think you could have a three star system that worked just as well if not better at ranking recruits, but then how can your powerhouse programs have their er-um measuring contests?

Bohl seems quite excited about this class, and that gives me a sense of optimism.

Yup, at the 4-5 star level you've typically got a full grown man you just need to help avoid injury. At the lower levels, it's all about development and coaching. Bohl can do those things well. You're in good hands. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.