Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k5james

First CFP Poll

This was a very good first look for us. a 12-1 SDSU gets in with a WMU loss. A 12-1 Boise gets in with a WMU loss. A 11-2 Wyoming with two victories over SDSU and one over Boise is at least competitive, with a WMU loss.

I don't understand how they have A&M ranked higher than Washington.  Not that it matters at this point but that's a travesty. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, pokebball said:

For Boise to have any chance doesn't Wyo have to drop two of their four remaining games?

The only teams left with a shot are Western Michigan, SDSU, Wyoming, Navy, Tulsa and South Florida

play_e_shelton11_576.jpg

16 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I don't understand how they have A&M ranked higher than Washington.  Not that it matters at this point but that's a travesty. 

SEC.  And your absolutely right!

7 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

SEC.  And your absolutely right!

Oh I knew it was because of the $£€ but it's still stupid. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

13 minutes ago, CowboyFriar said:

The only teams left with a shot are Western Michigan, SDSU, Wyoming, Navy, Tulsa and South Florida

Temple also. 

Looking bad for Big XII.  Doesn't hurt my feelings much.  Washington fans must be livid.  I lost track of Wazzou after Boise spanked dat azz, surprised to see them there.

Go Pokes!

bronco2.gif

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Oh I knew it was because of the $£€ but it's still stupid. 

Having "quality losses" in CFB with no tight controls over home v away game balance, or standards for OOC scheduling is part of why a real playoff has to...but will never...happen. There are too few games to allow polls to completely decide who even gets into the CFP.

Good thing the model is predicated on financial structure and not competitive balance ?

34 minutes ago, pokebball said:

For Boise to have any chance doesn't Wyo have to drop two of their four remaining games?

Ive been so distraught since Saturday night (congrats pokes) that Ive avoided this site and dont like dream of scenarios for BSU  but I saw on the Statesman, in a 3 way tie it goes to highest ranked so NO Pokes dont need to lose twice but IDK if BSU can win out rest of their games frankly.  BSU must now have a 3 way tie with Wyoming which is not easy because Pokes plays SUDS at home and Lobos in ABQ so they could lose to SUDS but beat the Lobos.  I hate even thinking about this crap cuz Boise needs to gets their chit together.....but there is hope here for sure ala 2014 season.

From Statesman:  Should Boise State wind up in a three-way tie with Wyoming and New Mexico atop the Mountain Division, the determining criteria will be CFP ranking, which would likely give the Broncos the berth into the conference championship. If the rankings remain similar, and Boise State reach the Mountain West title game and beat San Diego State, which would possibly be 11-1, it could vault the Broncos into that top Group of Five spot.

2 hours ago, fanhood said:

This was a very good first look for us. a 12-1 SDSU gets in with a WMU loss. A 12-1 Boise gets in with a WMU loss. A 11-2 Wyoming with two victories over SDSU and one over Boise is at least competitive, with a WMU loss.

An 11-1 Boise team could catch WMU in the rankings. They have the tougher schedule and if they impressed with style points. But if you have to win your division to make the NY6, then it'll be tough. I'm sure SDSU will beat Wyo as they match up extremely well. But not sure about the second loss needed for Boise to win it. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, An Admirer from the East said:

Ive been so distraught since Saturday night (congrats pokes) that Ive avoided this site and dont like dream of scenarios for BSU  but I saw on the Statesman, in a 3 way tie it goes to highest ranked so NO Pokes dont need to lose twice but IDK if BSU can win out rest of their games frankly.  BSU must now have a 3 way tie with Wyoming which is not easy because Pokes plays SUDS at home and Lobos in ABQ so they could lose to SUDS but beat the Lobos.  I hate even thinking about this crap cuz Boise needs to gets their chit together.....but there is hope here for sure ala 2014 season.

From Statesman:  Should Boise State wind up in a three-way tie with Wyoming and New Mexico atop the Mountain Division, the determining criteria will be CFP ranking, which would likely give the Broncos the berth into the conference championship. If the rankings remain similar, and Boise State reach the Mountain West title game and beat San Diego State, which would possibly be 11-1, it could vault the Broncos into that top Group of Five spot.

This is assuming Boise and UNM win out. 

tetons1.jpg

5 minutes ago, k5james said:

I love the delusion on the AAC board that this doesn't basically signal that they're eliminated barring anything crazy.

Don't be reasonable.  They're clearly better than everybody else....except in the rankings where it matters. 

Just now, PokeTransplant said:

Isn't it being a conference champion from one of the G5 a requirement to make it to a NY6 game?

Yes, but Boise still being #24 despite just losing to you guys signals that they think more of Boise and our conference than they think of the other G5 conferences this year.

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

Yup complete SEC bullshit.... and Florida who have beaten exactly nobody at #11. SEC bias strikes again but would you expect anything different

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Just now, just_chris said:

Yup complete SEC bullshit.... and Florida who have beaten exactly nobody at #11. SEC bias strikes again but would you expect anything different

ESPN has to justify that contract...