Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

13/13 BOISE STATE AT WYOMING COWBOYS

Saturday, October 29
War Memorial Stadium (29,181) • Laramie, Wyoming
5 p.m. MT • CBS Sports Network
Rich Waltz (PBP), Adam Archuleta (analyst), Cassie McKinney (sideline)

THE SERIES
Boise State leads 10-0
Last meeting: 2015, Boise State won 34-14 in Boise, Idaho

BOISE STATE HEAD COACH BRYAN HARSIN
28-6 (3rd year) at Boise State 

WYOMING HEAD COACH CRAIG BOHL
11-20 (3rd year) at Wyoming 

Wyoming will be looking for its first victory over a ranked opponent since Oct. 26, 2002 (No. 22 Air Force) when it hosts Boise State. Four of the five meetings in Laramie have been double-digit wins by the Broncos

Boise State has opened a season 7-0 for the first time since 2011. The Broncos finished 12-1 that year and earned a victory in the Las Vegas Bowl.

The Broncos’ nine-game win streak is tied as the fourth-longest nationally, trailing only Alabama (20), Washington (10) and Western Michigan (10).

Boise State has compiled a 97-13 (.882) record when ranked in the top 25 of either the Associated Press and/or Coaches Polls. • Boise State RB Jeremy McNichols has scored at least one touchdown in 19 consecutive games, which is tied as the fifth-longest streak in MW history. He is the only non-QB on the list.

McNichols has scored 44 career touchdowns, tied for eighth-most among active FBS players.

McNichols ranks fourth nationally averaging 191.29 all-purpose (rushing and receiving) yards per contest, tied for third with 12 rushing touchdowns and tied tied for first with a scoring average of 13.7 points per game.

Boise State WR Thomas Sperbeck tied the Boise State record with 13 career 100-yard receiving games (Ryan Ikebe, 1993-96). Last Thursday against BYU, Sperbeck set the program record for career receiving yards with 3,139. This is the sixth-most nationally among active players.

Boise State is one of nine remaining unbeaten teams nationally, and one of two unbeatens outside of the Power 5 conferences (Western Michigan).

Wyoming junior RB Brian Hill rushed for 289 yards on 29 carries last Saturday at Nevada. This is the second-most rushing yards in program history, and he owns four of the top-10 rushing games in Wyoming annals. The 289 rushing yards are the second-most by a FBS player this season.

Hill, who has rushed for 1,010 yards, joins San Diego State’s Donnel Pumphrey as the only two players in the FBS with more than 1,000 rushing yards this season.

A victory would give Wyoming its sixth win of the season, the most since 2011 (8-5). • Wyoming is 3-0 in Mountain West play for the first time since the league’s inception in 1999. The last time they accomplished this feat was in 1998 as a member of the WAC.

Wyoming safety Andrew Wingard, who leads the Conference averaging 10.7 tackles per game, is the FBS active leader in career tackles per contest (10.37) and solo tackles per game (6.63).

2 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I don't think Boise has dominated a school more so than Wyoming.. At with 10+ games played.

I would agree. What's weird, however, is that the carnage seems to have been worse in Laramie. That said, the closest game I can remember was a 17-10 contest in Laramie, in what I think was Boise's first Fiesta Bowl year. The difference came on a pick-six in the fourth quarter.

3 minutes ago, 307dude said:

I would agree. What's weird, however, is that the carnage seems to have been worse in Laramie. That said, the closest game I can remember was a 17-10 contest in Laramie, in what I think was Boise's first Fiesta Bowl year. The difference came on a pick-six in the fourth quarter.

Yup.. I remember that game. It wasn't on tv in Boise I remember and fans were pissed. I think it was snowing for that game in September.

12 minutes ago, Bob said:

Oh man... That's ugly. 

But it means nothing about this year's game (or what happens in the future).

" I believe that forgiving them is God's function.

OUR job is to arrange the meeting. " - General Schwarzkopf

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Saturday, October 29
War Memorial Stadium (29,181) • Laramie, Wyoming
5 p.m. MT • CBS Sports Network
Rich Waltz (PBP), Adam Archuleta (analyst), Cassie McKinney (sideline)

THE SERIES
Boise State leads 10-0
Last meeting: 2015, Boise State won 34-14 in Boise, Idaho

BOISE STATE HEAD COACH BRYAN HARSIN
28-6 (3rd year) at Boise State 

WYOMING HEAD COACH CRAIG BOHL
11-20 (3rd year) at Wyoming 

Wyoming will be looking for its first victory over a ranked opponent since Oct. 26, 2002 (No. 22 Air Force) when it hosts Boise State. Four of the five meetings in Laramie have been double-digit wins by the Broncos

Boise State has opened a season 7-0 for the first time since 2011. The Broncos finished 12-1 that year and earned a victory in the Las Vegas Bowl.

The Broncos’ nine-game win streak is tied as the fourth-longest nationally, trailing only Alabama (20), Washington (10) and Western Michigan (10).

Boise State has compiled a 97-13 (.882) record when ranked in the top 25 of either the Associated Press and/or Coaches Polls. • Boise State RB Jeremy McNichols has scored at least one touchdown in 19 consecutive games, which is tied as the fifth-longest streak in MW history. He is the only non-QB on the list.

McNichols has scored 44 career touchdowns, tied for eighth-most among active FBS players.

McNichols ranks fourth nationally averaging 191.29 all-purpose (rushing and receiving) yards per contest, tied for third with 12 rushing touchdowns and tied tied for first with a scoring average of 13.7 points per game.

Boise State WR Thomas Sperbeck tied the Boise State record with 13 career 100-yard receiving games (Ryan Ikebe, 1993-96). Last Thursday against BYU, Sperbeck set the program record for career receiving yards with 3,139. This is the sixth-most nationally among active players.

Boise State is one of nine remaining unbeaten teams nationally, and one of two unbeatens outside of the Power 5 conferences (Western Michigan).

Wyoming junior RB Brian Hill rushed for 289 yards on 29 carries last Saturday at Nevada. This is the second-most rushing yards in program history, and he owns four of the top-10 rushing games in Wyoming annals. The 289 rushing yards are the second-most by a FBS player this season.

Hill, who has rushed for 1,010 yards, joins San Diego State’s Donnel Pumphrey as the only two players in the FBS with more than 1,000 rushing yards this season.

A victory would give Wyoming its sixth win of the season, the most since 2011 (8-5). • Wyoming is 3-0 in Mountain West play for the first time since the league’s inception in 1999. The last time they accomplished this feat was in 1998 as a member of the WAC.

Wyoming safety Andrew Wingard, who leads the Conference averaging 10.7 tackles per game, is the FBS active leader in career tackles per contest (10.37) and solo tackles per game (6.63).

Ryan Ikebe ... 

198b968cebd2ed226d5fc6ba7d620bf53e8059c4

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Looks like record warm temperatures for this time of year in Laramie...but windy (18 mph SSW with gusts up to 30 mph). 

It's all relative man.  This is a typical Laramie breeze.  My man Josh Allen throws in it all week long :)

The World Needs More Cowboys!

12 minutes ago, Bob said:

Winds tend to calm down around dark. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not even noticeable in the stadium. 

Yeah forecast for winds at 5pm and later that night are downright calm with a forecast of 17 mph to 8 mph sustained winds.  Now Sunday night that is a little breezy with forecast sustained winds of 25 mph at night.  We shall see maybe that front comes in a day early.

2 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yup.. I remember that game. It wasn't on tv in Boise I remember and fans were pissed. I think it was snowing for that game in September.

I was there. It was a pretty nice day, actually. We played extremely well (on defense, anyway--par for the course for a Joe Glenn team). 

2 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

I don't think Boise has dominated a school more so than Wyoming.. At with 10+ games played.

BSU's rise corresponded with UW's decline.  But yeah that is just ugly.  I don't see UW ever being a perennial top of the conference team like BSU.  There's just too many factors working against UW.  That, said I feel confident that Craig Bohl is the kind of coach and recruiter that will keep this team out of the cellar and occasionally contending for top dog.  Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

BSU's rise corresponded with UW's decline.  But yeah that is just ugly.  I don't see UW ever being a perennial top of the conference team like BSU.  There's just too many factors working against UW.  That, said I feel confident that Craig Bohl is the kind of coach and recruiter that will keep this team out of the cellar and occasionally contending for top dog.  Time will tell.

Why don't you think wyo can field teams like bsu. I mean if bsu can do it, why not wyo?  

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

5 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Why don't you think wyo can field teams like bsu. I mean if bsu can do it, why not wyo?  

I just think UW is very hard to consistently recruit to.  Players and coaches alike.  Small town that's extremely rural in a state that's very rural.  Not to mention the winters and elevation.  All potential selling points for many students, particularly outdoor enthusiasts but not so much for athletes from highly populated regions of the country and warmer climates.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hell of a lot easier to sell Boise to recruits and families than it is Laradise.

If WYO was in Cody, I would've picked 'em over Boise State for school.

But seriously, I'm in Laramie in May getting a pizza in the middle of main street at 6pm (supposedly the best pizza place there, 

it was great) and a bank robbery is in progress across the street.