mugtang

OT: Walking Dead Season 7 Watch Thread

2 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

Group doesn't have a name...just rando junk yard survivors who exist together.

They've got capable bodies, they've got weapons. Rick's got his army now...

Spoiler Alert, but scroll down for random speculation.

Facts:

1.  A person in a hoodie spied on Rick crossing the lake of zombies to the boat.

2.  A person in a hoodie was watching Father Gabriel as he was on patrol.

3.  Father Gabriel left the clue "boat," thereby leading Rick to the junkyard area where the hoodie people have nasty, unwashed conjugal relations with Dre's mom.

4.  When Father Gabriel left in the car, you could see someone sit up in the passenger seat at the very last millisecond.  This was likely also Dre's mom, coming up for air after a road hummer.

5.  The camera spent a lot of time concentrating on the combat training at the kingdom.  Chekhov's gun.

6.  2 Carol sightings.  Again, Chechov's gun.

7.  Rick & Michone sliced up a bunch of zombies in an area near the kingdom and took explosives.

Obvious deduction, which will almost certainly turn out incorrect:  Father Gabriel sought to buy an alliance with the people in the hoodies.  That alliance happens.  Negan will encroach on the Kingdom, probably looking for what happened to their road block and explosives.  King Ezekiel has little alternative and discovering that Rick has an army, albeit crudely armed, the Kingdom will join the fray.  There may more may not be a unified army.  It may be 2 armies acting separately, but with the same goal.

Bonus observation based on a quick glimpse:  The hoodie/junkyard people have turned the walkers into weapons by putting armor on them and covering them with spikes.  No longer easy to kill and much more dangerous.  They'll be turned loose on in someone's camp to cause a shit storm.

I'm looking forward to the next episode more than I have for a long time. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, VandalPride97 said:

Spoiler Alert, but scroll down for random speculation.

Facts:

1.  A person in a hoodie spied on Rick crossing the lake of zombies to the boat.

2.  A person in a hoodie was watching Father Gabriel as he was on patrol.

3.  Father Gabriel left the clue "boat," thereby leading Rick to the junkyard area where the hoodie people have nasty, unwashed conjugal relations with Dre's mom.

4.  When Father Gabriel left in the car, you could see someone sit up in the passenger seat at the very last millisecond.  This was likely also Dre's mom, coming up for air after a road hummer.

5.  The camera spent a lot of time concentrating on the combat training at the kingdom.  Chekhov's gun.

6.  2 Carol sightings.  Again, Chechov's gun.

7.  Rick & Michone sliced up a bunch of zombies in an area near the kingdom and took explosives.

Obvious deduction, which will almost certainly turn out incorrect:  Father Gabriel sought to buy an alliance with the people in the hoodies.  That alliance happens.  Negan will encroach on the Kingdom, probably looking for what happened to their road block and explosives.  King Ezekiel has little alternative and discovering that Rick has an army, albeit crudely armed, the Kingdom will join the fray.  There may more may not be a unified army.  It may be 2 armies acting separately, but with the same goal.

Bonus observation based on a quick glimpse:  The hoodie/junkyard people have turned the walkers into weapons by putting armor on them and covering them with spikes.  No longer easy to kill and much more dangerous.  They'll be turned loose on in someone's camp to cause a shit storm.

I'm sure Dre is looking forward to more sightings of his mom in future episodes.

You were killing me with the mom references! Nice touch.

Image result for zombie emoticon Image result for zombie emoticon

Look out!!! Here they come!!!

4 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

Knowing these show runners, next week will be a one-off episode following Carol around as she forages for berries and ponders her next move. The good stuff will come the week after that.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

Knowing these show runners, next week will be a one-off episode following Carol around as she forages for berries and ponders her next move. The good stuff will come the week after that.

Agreed, it's a slow burn.  This show nearly loses me and then they do something cool that reels me back in.

• Like 1

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Things are becoming pretty predictable with the series.  They're going to get the guns from the group of women Tara encountered in the middle of last season.  The show telegraphed that when they showed the armory that group. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 hours ago, mugtang said:

Things are becoming pretty predictable with the series.  They're going to get the guns from the group of women Tara encountered in the middle of last season.  The show telegraphed that when they showed the armory that group. 

That does look like the direction their headed in. Having read the comics I find it interesting though because both of these groups are original to the show. In the books Negan doesn't take Rick's guns, and King Ezekiel agrees to help right away. The show has definitely drawn things out by having Negan take the guns. 

I usually like this show but that last episode sucked. Worse than any from the prison season. If you're going to bring in random people who live in a junkyard, why do they have to talk like and act like some tribal dolts? That was so f'ing cheesy. 

• Like 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

55 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I usually like this show but that last episode sucked. Worse than any from the prison season. If you're going to bring in random people who live in a junkyard, why do they have to talk like and act like some tribal dolts? That was so f'ing cheesy. 

It reminded me of some post-apocalyptic movies where speech patterns/languages have changed hundreds of years after the apocalypse.  In this case it's been what--5ish years?  Definitely cheesy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bsubroncochick said:

It reminded me of some post-apocalyptic movies where speech patterns/languages have changed hundreds of years after the apocalypse.  In this case it's been what--5ish years?  Definitely cheesy.

Not even 5 years. I think Judith is around 2 years old and she would have been born around a year to a year and a half after the shit hit the fan.  

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg