mugtang

OT: Walking Dead Season 7 Watch Thread

Honestly, I'm really enjoying this season. I know a bunch of people are saying it's too graphic/too much; but I think it's great. The plot is finally exciting and there's a lot of unknown. The past season and this season kind of upticked for me. I was getting bored with the show til then. I mean, when you spend like 3 episodes covering people getting sick in the prison and sending ppl out to find meds.... It's refreshing to have a ton of action and excitement going on. I have definitely enjoyed the new season so far. 

Enjoying the season so far. I just slightly passed the show in terms of the comics but I'm not sure if I want to go any farther. Anybody else Start reading the comics after they started watching the show? Does it ruin the show knowing the general direction they are heading in? 

9 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

This show still can't figure out how to write female characters. The show has three major badasses who are all at various stages of breaking down and going through major transitions: Rick, Daryl, and Carol.

Rick- Stuck to has convictions and badassness but finally broke... but only after the biggest villain in the show's history brutally murders two members of his group, threatens him with an ax, throws him out to a group of zombies, shoots at him with a gun, and demands him to cut his own son's arm off.

Daryl- Responsible for the gruesome death of one of his best friends, living off dog food sandwiches, being tortured in solitary confinement, under constant threat of getting his skull bashed in by a baseball bat... but he's still a badass and won't break down!

Carol- Quite possibly the biggest badass on the show, one day out of the blue she decides she can't protect the ones she loves any more because her emotions and stuff.

It's so +++++ing stupid! She's unbelievably cunning. She singlehandedly killed an entire village. She murdered a +++++ing toddler!

But to their credit, they've come a long way from the brutal female characters the show started with. (Rick's wife, Carol 1.0, Maggie 1.0, that awful blonde haired lady who nailed the Govna)

Who was more annoying, Lori or Andrea? Good riddance to both of them.

GO POKES!!!

1 hour ago, poke em said:

Who was more annoying, Lori or Andrea? Good riddance to both of them.

Both grated on my nerves but I am going to go with Andrea. I just didn't like the actress that played her at all. I celebrated after the episode she died, although at the time I also wondered how the TV story would move forward since Andrea is such a major character in the comics.

Spoiler

Comic Spoiler: In the comic I really like Andrea, she's sort of the hot blonde with freckles, is a bad-ass fighter with Sasha's sniper skills, is Rick's significant other, and is very much alive.

I hate the saviors so much.  

Dick move to burn the mattresses. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Negan will not give you a safe space, mug.

But.....but....I'm fragile 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, retrofade said:

Wow, looks like there was a large drop-off in viewership after the first episode.

j4p23Uy.png

Wow.  If that trend continues we could be seeing the end of the Walking Dead sooner than we expected. 

34 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Wow.  If that trend continues we could be seeing the end of the Walking Dead sooner than we expected. 

The first episode pissed a lot of people off and since then 3 have gone by with out even a plan of getting revenge, just the slow torture of our survivors.  As soon as their fortunes turnaround I bet the viewership numbers will as well.

I think they actually need to kill of Negan and vary from the comics.  That is the only resolution the audience would find palatable.

Mid-season finale was good, definitely setting up for more action next 1/2. Hope it lives up to hype and doesn't draw on like prison did. If Neegan isn't dead/resolved by next season, I fear it'll be a 2 season thing. No other mention of the beach women? Hope they join the fight.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, badfish said:

Mid-season finale was good, definitely setting up for more action next 1/2. Hope it lives up to hype and doesn't draw on like prison did. If Neegan isn't dead/resolved by next season, I fear it'll be a 2 season thing. No other mention of the beach women? Hope they join the fight.

I think the Negan story arc will go on for at least 2 seasons. 

26 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think the Negan story arc will go on for at least 2 seasons. 

It's going to get played out. Already kind of is. I love the show, but i think they need to begin talking about some sort of hope or end goal like before Eugene was exposed. They don't need to end it, but some more substance besides surviving psychopaths.

• Like 4

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 11:54 AM, retrofade said:

Wow, looks like there was a large drop-off in viewership after the first episode.

j4p23Uy.png

I think that plot mostly just reflects the ratings spikes from when those of us who stream and binge watch tune in an watch real time - the cliff-hanger season endings and the resulting season opener .  WD still has a large and loyal viewership.

1 hour ago, badfish said:

It's going to get played out. Already kind of is. I love the show, but i think they need to begin talking about some sort of hope or end goal like before Eugene was exposed. They don't need to end it, but some more substance besides surviving psychopaths.

This.  We had 3 episodes in a row where nothing happened to give the audience the hope they were wanting.  No time passed.  We need to see some action taken against the saviors.  I think the Negan Saga ends this season.  They need it in order to keep ratings.