Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluerules009

Ridiculous ESPN title to article

Rypien the worthless scores more points for BYU, then BYU's offense and he gets credit for winning game.   The worthless bastard did everything he could to lose the game only a great defensive effort won it.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869224

Rypien helps No. 14 Boise State hold off BYU, 28-27

Brett Rypien threw for 442 yards and three touchdowns as No. 14 Boise State overcame five turnovers to hold off BYU 28-27 Thursday night.

Not to get all upset like everyone else. I do think the article would have been better served had it talked about BSU's D helping BSU win the game. That being said, there is a lot of blame to go around. Way too many turnovers.

54 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Rypien the worthless scores more points for BYU, then BYU's offense and he gets credit for winning game.   The worthless bastard did everything he could to lose the game only a great defensive effort won it.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869224

Rypien helps No. 14 Boise State hold off BYU, 28-27

Brett Rypien threw for 442 yards and three touchdowns as No. 14 Boise State overcame five turnovers to hold off BYU 28-27 Thursday night.

Grumpy old man

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 hour ago, roughrider said:

Media 101:   headlines need a grabber;   Rypien's name is recognizable;  no one else was perfect either so what to do?

The defense was pretty perfect.

If you had to have an offensive player McNichols scored 3 of the 4 TDS for BSU and had 100+ rushing and receiving.

You didn't have to give the worst player in the game given credit for the win.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I guess Rypien caused those three fumbles and a shanked field goal too. That damn Rypien. 

He threw 2 TD's for BYU and had a fumble.   Those two interceptions were just asshole stupid throws.  No excuse except Rypien does it all the time.  He threw a pick 6 on the very first play of the game the BYU guy just dropped it.

He was a more productive BYU player then any actual BYU player.

I agree. The headline should have been

MWC Referees help No. 14 Boise State hold off BYU, 28-27

At least two bogus holding/chop block calls when BYU had the ball inside Boysee's 5 yard line THREE TIMES

Obvious Boysee PI in end zone (these lost 4 points were the difference in the game)

Boysee offsides on blocked FG

Boysee's entire team on field after blocked kick 

Boysee QB standing on field without helmet

No replay on Hill scramble forcing BYU to take TO

etc. etc. etc.

42 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

At least two bogus holding/chop block calls when BYU had the ball inside Boysee's 5 yard line THREE TIMES

Obvious Boysee PI in end zone (these lost 4 points were the difference in the game)

etc. etc. etc.

BYU got PLENTY of help from the blind zebras last night. There were two face mask penalties that were ignored and lots of holding. Don't even get me started on the call-no call-call bogus intentional grounding. I'm sure there were plenty of crap calls both ways. For once we can agree on something. The refs were horrible. Good luck to the Cougs.

I'd go with Boise's 5 Turnovers Give BYU Chance for Upset.   This game wouldn't have been that close without the turnover margin.   I did like reading some of the comments on the ESPN feed.   BYU fans haven't changed. 

13 minutes ago, Spudfan84 said:

BYU got PLENTY of help from the blind zebras last night. There were two face mask penalties that were ignored and lots of holding. Don't even get me started on the call-no call-call bogus intentional grounding. I'm sure there were plenty of crap calls both ways. For once we can agree on something. The refs were horrible. Good luck to the Cougs.

Was gonna say.. if anyone should be complaing it's Boise St. Even the announcers mentioned a few times where Boise was screwed.

I also thought there was an unnecessary roughness penalty that should have been called after McNichols was thrown to the ground in the NEZ 3 or 4 seconds after the whistle had been blown. That was a horribly officiated game, blown calls on both sides. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, roswellcoug said:

etc. etc. etc.

sour-grapes.jpg

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 hour ago, roswellcoug said:

etc. etc. etc.

I really, really, really don't miss you guys

The World Needs More Cowboys!

17 minutes ago, Bob said:

Rypien may look like he's 12, but he hands the best in the conference. One pick-6 wasn't really his fault. The other was bad, but dang. He can sling it in that beautiful offense. 

That 37 yard touchdown pass he threw to Wilson was beautiful. Amazing catch by Wilson too. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Oh, BYU fans complaining about bad officiating.  Today, today is a good day.  Nothing adds to your morning coffee like the tears of BYU fans especially tears complaining about officiating.  More, give me MORE!

Thank you Boise St.