Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

WYOMING AT NEVADA

the last time WYO came here Brett Smith was the hot QB and stupidly got himself kicked out of the game that WYO was coming back strong in.

(2 unsportsmanlikes)

I talked to visiting Cowpokes fans and explained to them what mountains they were looking at from the East side stands. They were curious.

(the Carson range spur from the Sierra Nevada and Peavine peak)

cerified_Subarus.jpg

Guest Cowboy Junky
1 minute ago, Lester_in_reno said:

the last time WYO came here Brett Smith was the hot QB and stupidly got himself kicked out of the game that WYO was coming back strong in.

(2 unsportsmanlikes)

I talked to visiting Cowpokes fans and explained to them what mountains they were looking at from the East side stands. They were curious.

The mountains definitely look different in Nevada. There will be just ONE isolated mountain rising from a plain full of nothing, and the landscape is randomly scattered with those isolated mountains. It's pretty cool looking.

Reno is very under-rated in terms of its mountains and beauty, in my opinion.

I know this goes against all that being a Las Vegan should be, but I like Reno quite a bit. The people have quite a bit in common with my home state of Wyoming.

I hope the Wyoming fans who make the trip enjoy their time.  Reno has a decent amount of Poke alumni around town if bumper stickers are any indication.  Late start so bring a jacket but the tailgating weather shoule be ideal for late October. High of 72 Saturday.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

14 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

(2 unsportsmanlikes)

I remember it well, and trying to watch the game from some horrible Nevada TV thing they had,  uck

Guest Cowboy Junky
1 minute ago, CasperCowboy said:

Reno is very under-rated in terms of its mountains and beauty, in my opinion.

I know this goes against all that being a Las Vegan should be, but I like Reno quite a bit. The people have quite a bit in common with my home state of Wyoming.

Agreed. One of my best friends was from a lake town on the border of Nevada/California. When he passed away we went down to his funeral and met his friends that he grew up with. They we're just like the people I hang out with all the time in Wyoming.

There's good people in small town Nevada and lots of them.

Guest Dr. Dre
10 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

They we're just like the people I hang out with all the time in Wyoming.

So they were simpletons?

1 hour ago, battle.borne said:

I hope the Wyoming fans who make the trip enjoy their time.  Reno has a decent amount of Poke alumni around town if bumper stickers are any indication.  Late start so bring a jacket but the tailgating weather shoule be ideal for late October. High of 72 Saturday.

See much CSU shyt?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

17 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Saturday, October 22
Mackay Stadium (29,993) • Reno, Nevada
7:30 p.m. PT • ESPN2/WatchESPN
Dave Lamont (PBP), Tom Ramsey (analyst)

THE SERIES
Series tied 3-3
Last meeting: 2015, Wyoming won 28-21 in Laramie, Wyoming

WYOMING HEAD COACH CRAIG BOHL
10-20 (3rd year) at Wyoming 

NEVADA HEAD COACH BRIAN POLIAN
21-24 (4th year) at Nevada

Five of the previous six meetings between Wyoming and Nevada have been decided by seven points or less, including the previous four contests. Each team is 2-1 at home in the series. A victory would give the Cowboys back-to-back road wins for the first time since 2012

A victory would give Wyoming its fifth win of the season, the most since 2013 (5-7). The Cowboys haven’t opened a season with five victories in their first seven games since 1998 (8-3)

Wyoming RB Brian Hill, a junior, set the program record for career rushing yards on Oct. 1 at Colorado State. Hill has racked up 3,148 yards on the ground, breaking Devin Moore’s previous record of 2,963

Hill has rushed for at least 100 yards in 13 of the Cowboys’ last 22 contests

The Cowboys are the only FBS program to score a defensive touchdown in three consecutive weeks. The Wyoming defensive unit currently ranks tied for second nationally with four scores

Wyoming has never opened Mountain West play 3-0. The last time they accomplished this feat was in 1998 as a member of the WAC

Wyoming safety Andrew Wingard, who leads the Conference averaging 10.7 tackles per game, is the FBS active leader in career tackles per contest (10.33) and solo tackles per game (6.61)

Nevada owns a 6-game home win streak, capturing its final three games in 2015 before winning three straight at Mackay Stadium to open the 2016 season. This is tied for the eighth-longest streak nationally

Nevada’s pass defense ranks 22nd in the nation, allowing 179.7 yards per game. This ranks second in the Mountain West. On the other side of the ball, Wyoming averages 200.7 passing yards per contest

Wolf Pack WR Jerico Richardson has caught a pass in 26 consecutive games dating back to Oct. 18, 2014. This streak is tied for 23rd nationally and is second in the Mountain West. Seven games into the season, Richardson is third on the team with 19 receptions for 198 yards and one touchdown

In 2016, the Wolf Pack are outscoring their opponents 42-16 in the first quarter

The Wolf Pack defense has forced 13 fumbles this season. It forced nine in all of 2015

Wyo's defense has scored in each of our last three games!  Yeah, I probably just ended that streak!!!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Wyo's defense has scored in each of our last three games!  Yeah, I probably just ended that streak!!!

Don't worry, Brian Hill will set some sort of rushing and touchdown record on Saturday. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Nevada by 6. Polian signs a 5 year extension after the win.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

3 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Let's hope this comes true - Polian needs time to build the program into a power and a 5 year extension shows that the administration is behind him fully in turning the program into a MWC power !! 

16 minutes ago, Warbow said:

You take that back!  You take it back right now!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

18 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You take that back!  You take it back right now!

You Nevada fans will only be happy with Chris Ault as your coach.  No other person will not be able to so much with so little. No matter who you replace Polian with will not succeed as Ault did. Ault knew how to win with limited talent that they coached up, if it wasn't for him you would have been in UNLV status during that time. Same with Hawaii and June Jones.

We all need to sustain success the way Boise St did and that's to hire from with-in from an already successful program. It's only when we (Nevada & Hawaii) went away from previous successful coaching staffs is when we failed. Hawaii with Norm Chow and Nevada with Polian. Hawaii got back to the June Jones type of ball with Rolo, maybe Nevada can find an old assistant coach under Ault to rebuild it back to the Ault days.  

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

3 minutes ago, Warbow said:

You Nevada fans will only be happy with Chris Ault as your coach.  No other person will not be able to so much with so little. No matter who you replace Polian with will not succeed as Ault did. Ault knew how to win with limited talent that they coached up, if it wasn't for him you would have been in UNLV status during that time. Same with Hawaii and June Jones.

We all need to sustain success the way Boise St did and that's to hire from with-in from an already successful program. It's only when we (Nevada & Hawaii) went away from previous successful coaching staffs is when we failed. Hawaii with Norm Chow and Nevada with Polian. Hawaii got back to the June Jones type of ball with Rolo, maybe Nevada can find an old assistant coach under Ault to rebuild it back to the Ault days.  

There's some talk of doing just that.  Bringing in somebody who knows what it takes to win at Nevada.  And it's not polian.  

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

There's some talk of doing just that.  Bringing in somebody who knows what it takes to win at Nevada.  And it's not polian.  

Most schools don't succeed immediately with totally different coaching staffs after being successful the previous year. Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, Florida, Nebraska of the past come to mind. Teams that hire from with-in after successful years normally maintain their success. Boise St, Oregon, Florida St, Utah come to mind.

Just now, Warbow said:

Most schools don't succeed immediately with totally different coaching staffs after being successful the previous year. Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, Florida, Nebraska of the past come to mind. Teams that hire from with-in after successful years normally maintain their success. Boise St, Oregon, Florida St, Utah come to mind.

Our previous AD had an opportunity to do that but decided she wanted a clean break from a Ault.  It's worked out so well :rolleyes: